Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

In Control subscription renewal

22K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Jollster 
#1 ·
My car will shortly be three years old and I've just received the expected email from Jaguar telling me that my subscription (the one that came with the car) will expire shortly. They've offered two alternatives for renewal:

1. Remote smartphone app, Remote Premium, InControl Secure (stolen vehicle tracking). This is what's currently on the car and the renewal price is £260.
2. As above less InControl Secure. Renewal price £36.

As far as I can see, the benefits of both packages are identical except that the cheaper one doesn't include vehicle tracking which means that the latter costs £224. To me, this seems expensive, particularly as the car is kept at home and is used largely in low theft risk areas.

Both packages give 'Optimised Jaguar Assistance' and below is what Jaguar say about it:

*Optimised Jaguar Assistance will connect you to a 3rd party provider using the bCall button, however the service will be independent from JLR and will vary from market to market depending on the provider. The service provider will inform you if support is available (i.e. via a Jaguar Extended Warranty that includes roadside assistance), or you may be offered a pay on demand or subscription service directly with the provider if it is available.

I think this wording is rather vague but my understanding is that, unless I've taken out an extended warranty that includes roadside assistance, I'll be charged if I use the service. In that case wouldn't I be better off using the Car Breakdown benefit that's included with my bank account?

I'm not sure which way to jump so any comments will be appreciated, particularly from anyone who has used Jaguar Assistance via these packages.

See less See more
#2 ·
Personally I would take the full lot. To me the price for the tracker is competitive to similar systems I have looked at.
Thief's will go anywhere and the "safer" areas can be richer picking for them

Just my opinion.

#3 ·
Is this the rate for one or three years ?

#5 ·
I also just renewed.

But, while the PROTECT and REMOTE PREMIUM are now extended by 12 months, the PRO SERVICES* is not. My dealer could not advise about how to renew/extend this. Any experience and advice welcome.

* PRO SERVICES
Jaguar Pro Services adds a suite of connectivity features to your infotainment system including Connected Navigation services, Live and an in-car Wi-Fi hotspot. Connectivity for these is provided by a SIM card which is inserted in the SIM card slot in your vehicle. Please see your vehicle handbook for more information.

Attachments

#6 ·
You need a simcard, like for a tablet. Prepaid with 15Gb is probably cheapest, unless you have passengers who use the hotspot frequently [ if you have this..]. Be ware the 15Gb are valid for a long time, not 15/30 days, which is often the case.

#7 ·
The Pro Services licence is tied to your map subscription and should have the same renewal date.

I contacted Jag CS as my remote app showed it was expiring end Jan 20 and my Map subscription expires Apr 22. I've had a response saying:-

" I can confirm that upon further investigation, unfortunately, this is not updated on the InControl App upon renewal of the services.

As long as the InControl Pro services have renewed and allow you to use them on the vehicle this will cause no interruption to the service."

Can anyone confirm that the above is correct?

#10 ·
I find the whole business of connectivity and the various features rather confusing, particularly when it comes to renewing subscriptions for the first time.

Rad - in my first post on this thread I mentioned the alternatives I was offered for renewing InControl Secure, Remote Premium and Protect. After due consideration, I decided to go for the cheaper option. However, I didn't realise that none of the alternatives included Pro Services which has to be renewed separately at a cost of about £90 and it can only be done via the car screen and the SIM card. Although my phone app says that it is due to be renewed on 1 Feb I noticed a couple of days ago a message on the nav screen saying that my Pro Services licence had expired. I'm sure you have or will shortly receive a similar message which tells you to go to the Jaguarhere website to renew. In my case, I can't do this yet because I had a software update last week and I can now no longer access the Internet from the car. It's going back next week to be sorted, hopefully.

I can understand why many people are technophobes!

#11 ·
They should have made it a standard package with a sim build in, which you can 'switch on' with a simple clicking on a single page selection menu.
Now there are two sims : one for secure/control and the other for the data for the navi and hotspot. They have some kind of global service which seems to offer all : https://jaguarlandrover.ubigi.com/concept/ . But they don't advertise it. I am quite good at gimmicks but even I get lost with the terminology they use.. Imagine if they just had put a single sim in all cars, what a massive discount in subscription costs they could have - even partly- handed down to the customers.. :roll:

#12 ·
I can confirm that. as of today - when my Pro Services finally expired, I now see the option to purchase a 1 year or 3 year map update at https://www.jaguar.here.com/ which presumably will update the Pro Services subscription accordingly. Prior to today, the option to make this purchase was not available (only the option to download the latest map update).

So it generally all makes sense now. But why on earth is everything so hidden? And why didn't the Jaguar renewal email include the above?

#13 ·
For me it is still hidden : jumps to my login.. ..can you make a screenshot of what you see please ?

#15 ·
Hi! All my services (incontrol/ipremium) and pro-services run out 20th March , I have renewed the incontrol app /premium online for 36£ but it did not renew my pro-services. As i am not sure i have been using pro-services till now (got my car FP 3.0 V6 SC 6 months ago - used). i am not sure 1) how to renew pro-services and 2) if i dont renew pro-services would i still be able to use basic satnav (i,e point a to b on maps) without the bells and whistles of live traffic etc? thanks a lot /syam

#16 ·
I found that trying to renew ProServices to be an absolute nightmare and, after hours of frustration, I decided not to bother (and saved myself about £90 p.a.).

Yes, you can still use the SatNav but you won't get map updates, live traffic info' or petrol station prices which is what ProServices provide. I decided I could live without these features.

#19 ·
Wow! I am totally confused. I have nine months to run on mine. Do they also charge to keep the sat nav or have I misunderstood. Also,just had my first Major (2 year) service at circa 16k miles and the App has not reset i.e. it is still telling me I need a service. Pressed start button without foot on brake to confirm car is not saying I need a service. Removed and reloaded app but still says I need a service. Dealer says the app is supplied by a third party and not their responsibility!!!

Black R Sport which is my dream car!

#21 ·
My renewal for all services is due imminently.

Just a couple of observations, current subscription status from remote app

Rectangle Font Material property Parallel Screenshot

Any ideas why Pro Services is extended so far out? Has this been a freebie or other prior incentive from Jag for the previous owner? Not complaining ;) but is this actually real, can I really forget it for 7 years (not that it will be my concern in 7 years...)? Is anyone else in the same position or aware of Pro Services being extended out so far in other situations.

Secondly, given the not insubstantial cost of the InControl Secure subscription and all the dire warnings from Jag about the impact on your premium of not having it I just did a quick check on the comparison websites as to what the difference in premium would be between tracker and no tracker...

Your mileage may vary but in my case it made absolutely NO difference in premium, a big fat zero. Is the Jag tracker not deemed a high enough Thatcham cat to warrant a reduction in premium?

The question then remains does it offer value in terms increasing the odds of recovering the vehicle. I know a lot of people psychologically do not want a stolen vehicle back irrespective of condition and hope they never see it again (will they be back etc..). I will speak to my OH later as it is her car and see where she stands on the matter. I know JLR claimed high recovery rates in the early days of InControl Secure but not sure if that still stands with the evolution of techniques and technology from the thieves themselves over the last couple of years?

Any first/second hand experiences on the efficacy of this tracker in the real world from members, or does it represent more peace of mind than anything?

Attachments

#22 ·
Pro Services runs for 10 years from purchase, whereas the others only run for 3 years.

Out of interest how much is it to renew the subscription for Protect, Remote Premium and Secure Tracker?

#23 ·
InControl Remote & Secure (12 months) £260.00
InControl Remote & Secure (24 months) £416.00
InControl Remote (12 months) £36.00
InControl Remote (24 months) £57.60

Interesting, so Pro Services, as defined by Jag here

https://www.jaguar.com/incontrol-global/incontrol/connectivity/pro-services.html

Seems to be inclusive of REAL-TIME TRAFFIC FLOW, DOOR-TO-DOOR ROUTING, CLOUD SYNC, ONLINE SEARCH, SATELLITE VIEW, STREET LEVEL IMAGERY, ONLINE ROUTING, SHARE ETA, PARKING SERVICE & FUEL PRICE SERVICE

So this functionality remains 'free' for 10 years as long as you've installed your own data-SIM?

However, on jaguar.here.com (viewed on the phone, white screen for this website on web browser currently???) it seems to suggest RT traffic, fuel & parking specifically are part of the map subs?

So as well as InControl (renewal level TBD) in September I will also need to renew map subscription @ £89 (12 months) or £129 (36 months) to give up to date (...-ish) base maps or go down Android Auto/Carplay route, literally :lol:

Think I'm clear now but we could probably do with a few more subscription models just in case life wasn't interesting enough... :roll:

#24 ·
Well, decided against tracker so just renewed other InControl services at £57.60 for 2 years.

View attachment 5145

Thinking about it pragmatically, never had a tracker before or felt the need for one and we've run some reasonably expensive metal in the past.

Looking at the charts, I'd be more worried with either a Ford Fiesta or RRS on the drive TBH...

Anyway, tried to renew map subs but jaguar.here.com appears to be down currently, showing an all white screen only even on different browsers (I think this has happened before with this website?). Site works on phone but don't think you can renew map subs until they've expired anyway otherwise you just get a download link not payment link if current subs are still active??

Still remain slightly confused about Pro Services from a consistency point of view as people earlier in this thread have had Pro Services expire 3 years down the line not 10. As I say no impact to me as such but guess it's just another thing sent to try us if it's expiring and you're having to renew after 3 years.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.