Free Map Updates?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
damobolton

Free Map Updates?

Post by damobolton » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:32 pm

Can anyone please help?

If my F pace S 2.0 d 2018 is still under warranty do i still get free map updates?

Thanks

Rog_N

Re: Free Map Updates?

Post by Rog_N » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:06 pm

I assume so.
They are on my DS until the 3 year subscription expires
Indus Silver F-Pace 300 Sport ordered June now due Sept/Oct/Nov
22” Grey Wheels, Adaptive Dynamics & Lights plus a few other extras.

Current Red 66 Disco Sport HSE D180 & a “few” extras

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:17 am

Log into your account at jaguar.here.com and all will be revealed including the subscription renewal date.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

damobolton

Post by damobolton » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:21 pm

Thanks... log in fine but then tried to add VIN no but it is not recognised ????

Any ideas ??

Thanks

Mark999

Post by Mark999 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:46 am

I was told with ICTP updates are free, but with the basic ICT they are £97 a time. I’ve not been very impressed with the Jaguar system and put the update cost towards a Tomtom premum.
Mark

damobolton

Post by damobolton » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:39 am

Thanks... good idea.

Still tried to add my vehicle VIN but it doesn’t recognise the no. Got to add the worst service I have ever received from Jaguar customer service dept. Took over 2 weeks to finally advise that despite my map SD card saying no update needed they finally concede that an update is needed and then want to Charge over £95+!!

Infotainment system is overall clunky/ slow & basically behind the times with today’s current car systems.

PhilB

Post by PhilB » Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:52 am

damobolton wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:39 am
Thanks... good idea.

Still tried to add my vehicle VIN but it doesn’t recognise the no. Got to add the worst service I have ever received from Jaguar customer service dept. Took over 2 weeks to finally advise that despite my map SD card saying no update needed they finally concede that an update is needed and then want to Charge over £95+!!

Infotainment system is overall clunky/ slow & basically behind the times with today’s current car systems.
If you have an SD card for maps then you have the "Incontrol touch" system and the "Here" site won't work for you as it's for the Pro system only.
Updates aren't free for your system unfortunately.
Guide here:
https://jaguar.welcome.naviextras.com/

frogmill0

Post by frogmill0 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:52 pm

This thread has prompted me to check my system as I must confess that I've always been confused by the workings of the infotainment system. The car is a 2017 with ICTP.

On looking at the link given by PhilB above, I was even more confused by its reference to SD cards because my car doesn't have one. Reference to the car's handbook reveals that there is a brief section on map updates and, although, it's not all that clear, it seems that I have to download the updates to a USB memory stick via my PC and then transfer them to the car via one of its USB sockets. However, when I was looking through the car's nav settings I found a bit that gave the map version no. and the screen also said that the last update was on 03/08/2019. As this was less than a month ago it must have downloaded the update automatically although I wasn't aware of it and I hadn't done anything to instigate it.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what's going on?
3.0d 'S' in Rhodium Silver. ICTPro, 825w Meridian, Cold Climate pack, 14 way memory seats, pan roof.

big jon

Post by big jon » Sun Sep 01, 2019 5:10 pm

the latest map date was 30/08/2019 number is 08.030.0099.0155, it has to be downloaded onto a usb memory stick and loaded onto car.
you have to open an account at www.jaguar.here.com
R sport, AWD Auto, White, black pack,, dynamics pack, panoramic roof, ICTP 380, folding mirrors,20"black venoms and much more

Arnie!

Post by Arnie! » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:10 pm

Like frogmill0 I was a little confused aswell the other day when looking at car sat nav settings, ICTP Pro. I've had a pretty trouble free 3.0 D since day 1 from new Nov 2016 so have been reluctant to go for any updates but I finally did my first map update last week which thankfully was trouble free but was surprised to see in settings that the last map update done was fairly recent so out of curiosity would love to know what that's all about!! Being 2016 I haven't got OTA so unless it does some sort of map update automatically over wifi connection I just don't know. Any ideas?

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”