2017 FPace CarPlay & Updates

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Nimrod7

2017 FPace CarPlay & Updates

Post by Nimrod7 » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:19 am

Hi,

Apologies if it has been asked before, please point me to the right direction if so.

I am looking to buy a used FPace 2017 model. It has the 10" display and digital dash.
I would like to ask If I can get SmartPhone integration for Car Play and the latest software updates. Sames as the 2018/2019 models.
Also realtime Traffic info is important for me, is it possible to have that functionality?
If so, did the dealer has to do the update for me? Or I can do myself?

Thanks,

Simon300

Re: 2017 FPace CarPlay & Updates

Post by Simon300 » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:35 pm

I think I read that earliest cars with ICTP didn't have a SIM slot in the central console bin and can't be upgraded so you'd ned to check with the seller.

There are two things to be aware of:
- Up until the current MY20 cars, to have CarPlay or Android Auto you need the Smartphone Pack installed (https://gear.jaguar.com/gb/en/f-pace/in ... roid-auto/) at £240 list
- Dealers seem to be reluctant to update ICTP software unless there's a fault (perhaps to save getting further issues). However if you were requesting/paying for the Smartphone pack I think they'd need to update it too. You can't update the softeare yourself.

I am curious how much Jaguar is charging their retailers for all these software-only options. You'd think that maybe the dealer will throw in an upgrade as an incentive to purchase, but they don't seem keen to.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:38 am

The ICTPro system is the one part of the FPace that has caused real headaches, some cars are OK some give endless problems.
The electrical system after 2017 cars was changed resulting in far less issues, if the system is currently working dealers are not going to want to try updates, it can be very time consuming.
Far better to find a car with the features you want already fitted.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

rad

Post by rad » Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:03 am

I had my MY 2017 serviced in January (routine service) and they updated the ICTP software, including the addition of CarPlay, without my asking. No issues of note with ICTP before this update, and none whatsoever after the update.

Can't honestly say I've really bothered using CarPlay apart from trying it out initially just to see what it is. Am I missing something?

balders

Post by balders » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:15 am

rad, I'd say it depends how happy you are with the standard satnav and audio options. I tend to use Android Auto/CarPlay on longer journeys because it allows me to use
- Waze, which appears to offer more reliable routing in traffic and richer information (plus my daughter enjoys pressing the buttons to report incidents).
- Spotify for my audio on family trips so we can listen to whatever we want on the journey, rather just what I have on my memory card,
- PodcastAddict, for downloaded/streamed podcasts,
- richer messaging, eg WhatsApp read out to me en-route and reply via voice

If you don't want any of these facilities, then CarPlay probably doesn't have much to offer you.

Balders

Nimrod7

Post by Nimrod7 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Thank you all for the answers.
Where I live it's hard to come by with a well specced model. 99% are without any extras and I either have to get a new one (which I am not sure if it's wise with a facelift around the corner), or the one I found which is missing Car Play.

The dealer said it can't be updated with carplay. Those early 2017 models are missing the SIM or the HDMI port which needed, no sure which.

Did any one attempted to replace the unit (either the ports or the whole thing) with a modern one, like it's faulty? If the cost is not insane might worth absorbing that.

AshleyR

Post by AshleyR » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:07 pm

Just to say: my F Pace was one of the first off the production line (April 2016). I have the ICTP system which relies on a working SIM card for full functionality. All ICTP systems have the SIM facility and they are also software upgradable to CarPlay etc. My own software was updated to CarPlay compatibility in November 2018. CarPlay connectivity has proved to be far more reliable than the Jaguar InControl Apps...

First Edition, (not so unique) Caesium Blue, April 2016

Mr P

Post by Mr P » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:02 am

Mine will be up for sale in November/December its is a January 67 2litre R sport petrol with itcp pro and many extras 14500 miles

Nimrod7

Post by Nimrod7 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Checked the car today. It has just 2 usb ports, no SIM no HDMI.
It has the 10.2 inch screen, and the electronic instruments display.

I am very confused. Is that ICT or ICTP?
How can I tell? The absence of the SIM?

AshleyR

Post by AshleyR » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:30 pm

I’m afraid it certainly won’t be the Pro version without the SIM or HDMI interface!..

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”