In Control Route Planner

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
dw-fp-jag

In Control Route Planner

Post by dw-fp-jag » Mon Jun 03, 2019 12:08 pm

On the In Control remote route planner I'm trying to get the route from Swindon to Middlesbrough (Android phone). When the little map comes up on my phone it shows the correct route ie A419-M5-M42-M1-A1-A19. I then press 'Start Guidance' and it changes and directs me to drive to the south coast then get a ferry to the IOW then across to Portmouth, then catch another ferry which goes via France, Dublin, Isle of Man and aross the Irish Sea to Heysham on the East Coast, then drive across country to M'bro. A 4hr journey converted into a probable 7 day sea trek! If I remove 'Ferries' from my route preferences I just get an error message when pressing Start Guidance' saying I need to reset my preferences.
I've tried reloading the route planner but to no avail. Also notice most reviews on Play Store only give this app a fairly scathing 1 or 2 stars.
Am I doing something wrong or is this app really so useless?
If anyone's reading this from Jaguar you need to bin this app, which I see on Play Store hasnt been upgraded since Oct 2017, and relaunch one that actually works!
R Sport 250t, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, interactive driver display, LED lights, 4-way lumbar, folding mirrors, heated w/screen.

Chrism100

Re: In Control Route Planner

Post by Chrism100 » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:26 pm

I've stopped looking at this app. It's still showing my car parked up in Portsmouth docks since March 15th despite it doing 4000 miles since that date.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:40 pm

I don't use the app either but sometimes use the www.jaguar.here.com route planner on my laptop. This seems to work better and sometimes manages to sync routes to the car but sometimes not....its all a bit hit and miss which may be down to the mobile signal at home
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Rog_N

Post by Rog_N » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:28 pm

The app (iOS) is hard work and missing loads of much needed functionality. But it’s never taken me on the very scenic route to Middlesbrough from Oxford.
Indus Silver F-Pace 300 Sport ordered June now due Sept/Oct/Nov
22” Grey Wheels, Adaptive Dynamics & Lights plus a few other extras.

Current Red 66 Disco Sport HSE D180 & a “few” extras

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:28 pm

I gave up with the app (IOS) as the search function never found what I wanted and if it got close I could force a pin on the map to change the destination, the browser version search as better and interaction with the map is better. There's still a lot of room for improvement but it is still very useable.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

TooTallTerry

Post by TooTallTerry » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:54 pm

Did you all managed to get your car added? Mine seemed to sync 2 trips but when ever i look at maps etc, says i don't have a car connected. When i try to connect one it finds my car but selecting confirm i get the page telling me to login on the ICTP which I've done and know it's all logged in and connected. the web site will just not add my car. Thought it could be safari, so have tried chrome and also internet explorer no joy!! Even the help and support section on the web site doesn't work. All i want to do it update my maps.
Current- F-Pace SVR, Ultra Blue, Tan interior, 22" wheels ,360 Cameras &Privacy’ Glass. :D 8-)

Old - R-Sport 2.0d 240ps, AWD Auto,Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 8 way electric seats, tinted rear windows, folding heated mirrors

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:31 pm

Have you contacted JLR Customer services or your dealer they should sort that out.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

DCrockett

Post by DCrockett » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:04 pm

I had a similar problem to Chrism100 above, the app, both on Android and PC said I was parked in Lincolnshire when I had been home a couple of weeks in Norfolk! I found that the problem got resolved when I re-logged in on the ICTP console in the car. Hope this might help someone.
What I find frustrating with the Route Planner is that you have no means of avoiding certain roads or places, i.e. the M25! You can do it by adding waypoints, but that is annoying as they probably not exactly on the route and you then have to delete them as you get near, or you get diverted into places you do not want to go!
Porfolio (2019) 2.0D 180 AWD Auto ICTP Drive Assist Adapt LED Elect Towbar

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”