MPG

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
nphe9974

Re: MPG

Post by nphe9974 » Mon May 13, 2019 10:31 pm

MRB wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:17 pm
More or less the same 28/29 MPG local driving and around 32 MPG on a long run. I do not know how some people achieve 40 MPG, they must be driving like a pussy! :lol:
Or have a diesel!
F-Pace 3.0 d S, Ammonite Grey, ICTP

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Tue May 14, 2019 12:11 am

Hi Guys,

And I am the worst here 25t petrol having 23 to 26mpg, on long runs smooth motorway traffic the best I could get was 30mpg and that's in normal mode with start stop off all the time. I do a bit of spirited driving, some times when tired coming back from work on M25 I am in the extreme left lane driving like granny and due to traffic conditions.
When driving on B roads that 26mpg figure goes down drastically just in 6mile run to 25mpg :-) but overall it's OK. I wonder in early days there was a V6 petrol engine if that is any good ? For better mpg since bigger engine you have better power ratio so you are light footed on acceleration.

Thanks.
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

Markotley

Post by Markotley » Tue May 14, 2019 7:14 am

I have the 3lt Supercharged and as I said earlier in the posts I only get 32mpg on a long run and 25 or so on a short one.
3L Supercharged - Pro Touch - 20" Venom Wheels - Adaptive Cruise + Queue - Adaptive Surface Response - Surround Cameras -Head Up - Prac. Pack - Ultimate Black - Heated Steering Wheel - LED Lights

MyV6Jag

Post by MyV6Jag » Tue May 14, 2019 8:51 am

28, maybe 30 if I'm lucky on motorway or 13 in slow town traffic.
Not great but I don't use for work commuting.
The sound of the V6 petrol makes it all worthwhile.
:o :o :o
3L Supercharged V6 Petrol, Ammonite Grey, Privacy Glass, Black 22" Double Helix 15 Spoke, Jet/Red Interior, Sliding Panaromic Roof, Black Pack

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Tue May 14, 2019 6:31 pm

Markotley wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:14 am
I have the 3lt Supercharged and as I said earlier in the posts I only get 32mpg on a long run and 25 or so on a short one.
Hmm.... So that makes 25t petrol engine pointless if those are the figures for V6 petrol. As it's nearly the same mpg what I am getting in 25t which I think struggles when moving off from stand still and hence more fuel consumption.

Thanks for replying.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Tue May 14, 2019 7:09 pm

Jalees wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 6:31 pm
Markotley wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:14 am
Hmm.... So that makes 25t petrol engine pointless if those are the figures for V6 petrol. As it's nearly the same mpg what I am getting in 25t which I think struggles when moving off from stand still and hence more fuel consumption.

Thanks for replying.
The 3L supercharged engine is no longer available so unless you want the firebreathing V8 you have the choice of either the 25t or 30t. When I bought my 25T I didn’t consider the 3L to be an option as it was a different specification and much more expensive. I’m not quite sure what you mean ‘struggles to move off from standstill’ because that doesn’t ring any bells with me.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

Bimjob

Post by Bimjob » Tue May 14, 2019 7:46 pm

MPG was not part of my decision making process. The only reason I opted for the 25T rather than the 30T was concern from someone who knows much more than me about engines. He was concerned about smaller turbocharged engines producing so much power (250 rather than 300). So after driving the 25T and thinking it was so agile and responsive I chose the 25T. The guy who dealt with me at the Cheltenham dealership said he really couldn't tell the difference anyway. So here we are and no regrets at all. If the Tasmanian Devil which is the SVR had been available when I ordered (April 2018) I may well have gone for it. I didn't invest in the 25T for MPG. Hyundais and Skodas diesels are great for that I'm sure. I bought my car for practicality but mainly for the beauty and the fun. :D

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Tue May 14, 2019 8:53 pm

Hi,

Its a wealth of information here and opinions. I like it.
Even I was not after MPG I was after practicality more space which FPace is at its best plus a good looking car with some character :-) , it just make you do all the comparisons specially what I was driving earlier than this it was c200 c class 2.0 petrol with 170bhp approx on papers it read 0-60 in 7.7 seconds and since I was driving it and when I test drove this I couldn't feel any difference in power wise felt comparable performance wise here and there so hence choosing 25t and yes price affordability is also one of the reasons.
Didn't go for 35t again price difference and 0-60 is merely 1 second faster than 25t on papers and also a small engine with that much bhp I am not sure if it would be a good choice in longer run with such a big body. Anyway maybe in future if finance allows then yes V8 is going to do more justice to this car.

Thanks.

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Tue May 14, 2019 8:56 pm

One quick question.

We know 25t , 35t are JLR in house engines.
What about V6 supercharged is it JLR or ford ?
Also what about this new V8 engine JLR or ford ?

Thanks.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Tue May 14, 2019 9:14 pm

My wife could easily get 50mpg and more out of the 2.0D when we had it, driving on quiet country roads at under 50mph driving like a pussy. Or I could drive rather more enthusiastically and get mid 30s mpg, if you have a good one the FPace is very versatile car that can be whatever you want
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”