Switching to an FPace?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Deltasierra

Re: Switching to an FPace?

Post by Deltasierra » Wed May 01, 2019 9:49 pm

Postl wrote:
Wed May 01, 2019 7:21 pm
I got my 2.0 180d late July 2017 and love it, no issues at all, has only been back to the dealer to top up the add blue (included in 5 year service plan). before I bought my F Pace I road tested a number of cars including the XC60, to be fair it wasn't the latest version but wasn't a patch on the F Pace.

Enjoy

Paul
July 17 is a MY18 car like mine and like you just a service and an adblue top up - and lots of smiles
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

craig999

Post by craig999 » Thu May 02, 2019 5:53 am

I enjoyed the F-Pace and would buy another in the future still think its one of the best looking SUV,s out there sure if its your choice you will be happy god luck with whatever car you choose.
3.0L Diesel S

Simon300

Post by Simon300 » Sat May 04, 2019 12:04 pm

KeithL wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:24 am
I agree with what jagfpacejk says. If you get a new vehicle then you should be okay. I have an early 2017 version of the F-pace you are looking for and am less than impressed. However, when it went back to the garage (again) recently the loan car was a newer version of what I have and it was a different car to drive - much quieter and smoother, so clearly Jaguar have ironed out a lot of the earlier issues.
I too am looking at an F-PACE, but a used one to buy outright and keep for 5+ years.

I agree with other comments that inevitably forums attract the negative issues, rather than the positives, though I can't help feeling the JLR in general has more faults than, say, VW group cars, probably due to the lower production volumes. That said, IMO the F-PACE is the best looking SUV on the road and not as common as many.

Right now I would be looking at a 180PS AWD MY17 car, probably with 30k miles, ICTP (I really would like Android Auto for sat nav longevity) and at maybe low £30k's (not sure how much dealers will discount). Approved Used would give me a 2 year warranty. For that kind of money I could be getting a new or nearly new Skoda Kodiaq (my mind's choice) rather than an F-PACE (my heart's choice).

Comments like the above one make me nervous of the F-PACE though - might I expect an MY17 car to have been mostly fixed up by the previous owner's dealer by now? My nearest dealer would be 1h drive away and the prospect of being a regular visitor is not so appealing ;) . Or should I only consider a MY18 or newer car? (I'm really not keen on taking such a hit on depreciation though).

TIA!

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sat May 04, 2019 8:03 pm

Last year's JD Powers survey for the UK ranked VW Audi and BMW worse than Landrover....but having said that no prestige manufacturer came near the top. If you want that, buy a Kia or similar!!!
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Sun May 05, 2019 7:00 am

I would have thought Lexus rated as a premium brand and reliability is right at the top of the list, their styling is not liked much by UK car buyers but they can build reliable cars. Why should we tolerate what amounts to poor design and quality control just to have a Jaguar badge on the bonnet.
Before the FPace I had a Landcruiser for 12 yrs it was completely reliable, the direct equivalent Discovery owners could only dream about that. On the bright side after 2yrs and 20k my FPace 3.0 D has been fault free so far.
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sun May 05, 2019 9:27 am

I have been lucky with mine as well, no complaints. This is what I read:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buyaca ... r-uk%3famp
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Simon300

Post by Simon300 » Sun May 05, 2019 9:37 am

Yes, I just had found http://carsalesbase.com which says they're selling 30-50k F-Paces a year globally, 23k in Europe in 2018, and looking at news articles that probably means about 10k pa in UK (assuming it's a bit behind the E-Pace now). This seems to be the main F-Pace forum so, even if there were 100 serious issues/rejected cars on here (I don't think there are) that's <1% - miserable for those involved of course, but meaning 99% of owners aren't complaining. (a good bit of self-justification there :lol: )

nphe9974

Post by nphe9974 » Sun May 05, 2019 10:56 am

Seems like most of the early issues have been fixed and the technology now seems pretty standard across JLR. If I was planning to keep beyond 3 years I’d say a good warranty and a local independent garage to keep running costs down were pretty important. I think service costs for any car are pretty ridiculous (I paid £300 for a 12 month oil service on a XC60) and based on my recent experience with oil dilution you can expect to have a service every 12 months to keep on top of maintenance.
F-Pace 3.0 d S, Ammonite Grey, ICTP

guyevo

Post by guyevo » Sun May 05, 2019 11:29 am

Smitten wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 8:03 pm
Last year's JD Powers survey for the UK ranked VW Audi and BMW worse than Landrover....but having said that no prestige manufacturer came near the top. If you want that, buy a Kia or similar!!!
I have a Kia Sorento and I'll let you know it's not that rosy at the top! Constant sunroof issues, turbo actuator broken, proximity sensor broken and seatbelt sensor broken. Nothing too major but the dealer network is where it falls apart for me. It takes nearly two weeks to get an appointment or 4 weeks if you want a courtesy car, which is then a Fiat 500 as the garage looks after Kia, Fiat and Renault! I recently had the turbo actuator fail, took 9 days to get an appointment so I had to hire a car to get to work. Then once they had diagnosed it they ordered the part and were told by Kia it was on back order, expected delivery was 3 months!! Kia then offered me a hire car, however a week later the part turned up!

For me, the reason to return to Jag after 3 years is all about the service I received with my XF from Guy Salmon Coventry. There were problems with the car but they always got me an appointment within a day or two and issues were fixed promptly (including a turbo actuator in a couple of hours!)
This may be a different experience to other Jaguar garages but for me is the reason to change back.

Guy
Ultra Blue SVR - Ordered 2/5/19 😍

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Sun May 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Sounds like you get very good service Guy. I booked a service on 7th March and earliest date with a loan vehicle was 23rd April. We have a Mini and Fiat 500 at home. 10,000 miles in the Fiat and no issues. Wouldn't want to drive it any distance mind you! The Mini (BMW) developed a serious engine management fault at around 4000 miles.....

Seems to me like it is really down to how good the service is from the dealer as no new car is 100% reliable.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”