Switching to an FPace?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
sheffjohn

Re: Switching to an FPace?

Post by sheffjohn » Fri May 10, 2019 9:41 am

Thanks for all your replied to my original question.

I have now ordered an F Pace Portfolio 2.0 Diesel AWD from my local dealer to be delivered in August.

Added a few extras including the sliding roof, upgraded to the 825w ICTP and heated wheel. Dealer was happy to match the figures I obtained from CarWow so took about 10% off the book price.

Now I have that period of forgetting about it until August and not keep looking at it on the internet. Also trying not to crash my Disco Sport in the mean time.

Looking forward to joing the club!!!

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Fri May 10, 2019 5:40 pm

Will be worth the wait!

To add a bit to the DS legroom argument, the daughter has just pointed out the little levers under the rear seats, which when pulled, allow them to slide backwards!

Not sure if this is a feature of all DSs, but when forward there is not enough room behind my seat for me to sit, but slide the rears backwards and there is a couple of inches more than the F Pace.

However, the boot space is seriously compromised by doing this - so it's swings and roundabouts....

And despite some peoples perceptions, it's 6 inches shorter than F Pace.

The F Pace is a much better vehicle in all areas, except if you want 7 seats....

Sirrah4941

Post by Sirrah4941 » Thu May 16, 2019 7:54 pm

How do people find the 180d in the new car? Test drove one and it felt ok just a bit slow on take off or over taking. I’m sure I saw something about driving it in dynamic mode made it a bit more responsive. I like the 240d but haven’t drove it in the f pace just the Velar -

Jalees

Post by Jalees » Thu May 16, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi,

I would say from technical point of view look for 0-60 in how many seconds your selected engine can do and what is your 0-60 in the existing one, if you want your new ride to be responsive than the existing ride then 0-60 seconds would help you decide .
For me I had c200 w205 with 7.7 secs.
Current F pace it says 6.7 secs something and in real life driving I don't feel any difference so I am happy if it would have been less then I would be sad that's just my opinion.

Thanks.
MY18 F Pace, 25t R sport, Firenze red, and some options.
Ex owner of Mercedes C200 AMG Line premium plus. I keep comparing the options and get disappointed sometimes JAG is missing out from half priced car.

tonythehoolet

Post by tonythehoolet » Sun May 19, 2019 6:40 pm

Sirrah4941 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:54 pm
How do people find the 180d in the new car? Test drove one and it felt ok just a bit slow on take off or over taking. I’m sure I saw something about driving it in dynamic mode made it a bit more responsive. I like the 240d but haven’t drove it in the f pace just the Velar -
I've had a 180d for 2 years. I noticed the sluggish start too when I first had it, but I think over time I have adjusted my driving style unconsciously so rarely notice it now. The issue as I understand it is not an issue of power, its the gearbox. I read elsewhere on this forum a couple of years ago that the car always pulls off in 2nd gear not 1st (don't ask me why) and I can well believe this to be the case given the symptom I observed.
I've never had an issue with overtaking, there is plenty of power available in my experience. .. The only time it feels sluggish is when in eco mode which I almost never drive in. I drive in standard drive mode, without switching to sport/dynamic and all is fine
AWD Auto Portfolio in dark sapphire blue, sliding roof, light oyster leather, driver memory pack, ICTP, space saver spare, cupholder cover and Kenolon ceramic shield paint protection.

rogers

Post by rogers » Sun May 19, 2019 7:35 pm

I have a 180d R Sport and it’s fine. I often use dunamic setting and it really buzzes. On fast sweeping curves it really is chuckable.

I agree with Sirrah 4941, you get used to it and adjust. I think the car will take off faster using the paddles in first, but it soon runs out of legs, and seems to change down if you switch from D to S. I have often found myself on the motorway in 7 th at the legal speed.

Great car. Had it two years after four Audi A6 and it has been faultless. Great service from Bradford Jaguar

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”