Switching to an FPace?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
sheffjohn

Switching to an FPace?

Post by sheffjohn » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:01 am

Hi,

I have a 3 year old Discovery Sport which is coming to the end of its finance deal so I am looking at my options.
The FPace D180 Portfolio AWD is high on my list as well as the Volvo XC60 or another Disco Sport.

I have looked through this forum and see fairly happy owners which is something you don't see as much of in the Discovery Sport forum.

Are owners of FPace happy and are there some things/issues I should be aware of?

With a car price of 47k any assistance is appreciated.

John

Jagfpacejk

Re: Switching to an FPace?

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:09 am

Hi John,

Like any forums a lot of people join as they are having issues with there cars to ask others who may have had issues how they got them resolved, this is why your see a lot of posts on all car makes being problems, not all i must add just a lot and this may be the same on the Disco site, i am sure the Volvo would be no different either.

In whole a lot of issues were with early Fpaces which seem to now have been improved as Jaguar have either resolved them with updates or using new equipment.

If you looking for a new car then your certainly be in the best position as your have the latest equipment.

Have you had a look on Carwow to see what deal you can get on there as there are a lot of dealers offering some good deals at present on new cars.

Good luck with your search and keep us all posted if you choose the Fpace.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:24 am

I agree with what jagfpacejk says. If you get a new vehicle then you should be okay. I have an early 2017 version of the F-pace you are looking for and am less than impressed. However, when it went back to the garage (again) recently the loan car was a newer version of what I have and it was a different car to drive - much quieter and smoother, so clearly Jaguar have ironed out a lot of the earlier issues.

Enjoy your search.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) Auto AWD Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

KHatman

Post by KHatman » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:33 pm

Only had mine a couple of weeks and I absolutely love it although it's a manual RWD. My only advice is you can get your preferred model/engine for a lot less than 47k. Try Brokers4cars as although I didn't use them in the end I used their quote to get around 5k off RRP with a main dealer ( inc finance contribution which I paid off straight away)
2019 F Pace 2.0D R Sport, Manual, Corris grey and very little else

Bimjob

Post by Bimjob » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:28 pm

I waited for the petrol engines as diesel was not a good idea for me.
I drove the 25T (smallest) petrol engine as a test having thought the 30T would be my choice.
The engine is a gem and is more than enough driven in dynamic mode. Explodes when needed.
I chose that engine with the R-Sport equipment with Loire Blue colour.
Best driving choice I've made and I have had 3 high BHP Subarus.
I could have spent a lot more with all the options but the handling of the F-Pace and the (I'm afraid) "handsome devil" bodywork
make this a no-brainer. I have had the car 6 months and it has given me real joy.
Would I choose another car with hindsight?
No chance.
Bimjob

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:12 pm

I think my car is fantastic. Love the handling when pushed on a quiet B road with twisting turns. Love the torque of the big diesel and the mpg. Love the quiet progress at motorway speeds and rapid acceleration from any speed. It's very practical as well. Three people and lots of luggage to Germany at Christmas. To Scotland with two and a dog. From the DIY shop with 0.5 tonne of pebbles inside. Cant fault it. ICTP is a little clunky at times but I don't care as it gets updated free of charge by Jaguar. It is also the best looking SUV on the road.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

nphe9974

Post by nphe9974 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 10:34 pm

I’ve had some ups and downs with my f-pace but most of the issues have been fixed. The ICTP is a pain and always will be but it’s brilliant to drive albeit mine is the 3.0d. Looking at your list, my wife has the XC60 which is a nicer place to sit but dull as dishwater to drive. Depends what you want I guess.
F-Pace 3.0 d S, Ammonite Grey, ICTP

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Wed May 01, 2019 4:44 pm

Early problems have now been mostly sorted so choose which engine and model you want and get the best deal you can 10% seems a good starting point, not cheap, really good to drive and loads of space
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

Postl

Post by Postl » Wed May 01, 2019 7:21 pm

I got my 2.0 180d late July 2017 and love it, no issues at all, has only been back to the dealer to top up the add blue (included in 5 year service plan). before I bought my F Pace I road tested a number of cars including the XC60, to be fair it wasn't the latest version but wasn't a patch on the F Pace.

Enjoy

Paul
2.0L AWD 180HP Prestige, Fugi White, Light Oyster seats with Pistachio Stitch, Light Oyster Morzine Heading, Satin Fine Line Wood Veneer. Opening Panoramic Sun Roof, Rear View Camera, Park Assist, 360 Parking Aid, Rear bumper protector.

June16

Post by June16 » Wed May 01, 2019 8:24 pm

I changed from DS to FPace , best move I ever made . The petrol 25t is a real gem.
Had it just over a year and no issues at all with the car . Unlike my two rejected Discovery Sports!
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”