Jaguar and Land Rover cars recalled for excessive CO2 emissions

Faults and Technical chat for the Jaguar F-Pace.
lozpace

Post by lozpace » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:39 pm

This doesn’t sound good

https://www.which.co.uk/news/2019/03/ja ... emissions/
F Pace February 2018
2.0 litre 180ps AWD Automaic Portfolio, Santorini Black, 19” 5038 Wheels, Privacy Glass, ICTP 380watt, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare, 4 way lumber, InControl Secure Tracker, Service Pack.

catwoman

Re: Jaguar and Land Rover cars recalled for excessive CO2 emissions

Post by catwoman » Wed Mar 13, 2019 2:55 pm

With specific regards to the F-Pace, it looks like it's just MY18 2 litre petrol engine vehicles that will be subject to the recall.

As to why other models include 2016-2018 2 litre petrol and diesel engine XE, XF and RR Evoque vehicles, I'm not clear why this wouldn't also affect the F-Pace as well. Maybe further information will come to light as time goes on.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:28 pm

Strange one for the Evoque as to why tyres need to be replaced as tyres do not affect CO2 levels, i wonder what parts are being replaced on the Fpace as it does not state.

Quote for the Evoque,

"Additionally, certain 2016 and 2017 Range Rover Evoque models will also need new tyres fitted. We have asked for more details about this."

What happens if you took your car for it's first MOT and it failed the CO2 test, i wonder if this is where this issue was first found as some of those dates would make it time for a first MOT. :roll:
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:53 pm

Can tyres effect rolling resistance and therefore work of engine and C02? Interesting it is petrol cars getting a hammering for a change....saw an iPace plugged in at my local Sainsbury today. No C02 there unless you think about how the electricity was generated in the first place.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:51 pm

I for one won’t let them apply any changes to my vehicle until they tell me exactly what they intend to do and what part of the driving experience will change.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:39 pm

On this site it says it is the diesel not the petrol...🤔

https://car-recalls.eu/make/Jaguar/
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:05 am

Well, whether it affects petrol or diesel engines, as it isn't a safety recall issue I won't be making a special trip to my dealers to have mine 'adjusted' (for that, read 'screwed around with'), it can wait until the MOT and/or next service is due, or even be done at change of ownership, as far as I'm concerned.
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:02 am

catwoman wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:05 am
Well, whether it affects petrol or diesel engines, as it isn't a safety recall issue I won't be making a special trip to my dealers to have mine 'adjusted' (for that, read 'screwed around with'), it can wait until the MOT and/or next service is due, or even be done at change of ownership, as far as I'm concerned.
How does that stand if your pulled over by VOSA for a CO2 check?

Near to where i live VOSA have a lay by where cars, vans, lorries get pulled over for checks, if they have a list of cars with CO2 emissions they may well target those makes and models.

Just a thought.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:55 am

Wow, you're right, I hadn't even considered that possibility! :o

. . okay, here's another thought, posed as a rhetorical question . . is endemic risk-aversion at the heart of all problems in modern society? ;)

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:49 am

There is actually no specific CO2 limit
Volume manufacturers like JLR use what is called a combined figure .....all their cars CO2 limits are averaged out , thus if you produce a high CO2 emitting vehicle like the SVR 272 gm you have to produce and sell many smal CO2 emmissions vehicles to compensate and reduce your overall figure.

This is industry wide process for all manufacturers.

Perhaps that’s why the 380hp petrol FPace dissapeared along with the proposed SVR Velar.
They need more low emmissions sales.

See here for more info
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/indu ... w-co2-laws

Return to “Faults & Technical Discussions”