Another goodbye F-Pace

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Nubbin

Another goodbye F-Pace

Post by Nubbin » Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:54 am

Well, after a year of fun in my F-Pace, I finally admitted I didn't like the jiggly low speed ride, and I have not enjoyed the slightly manic lower gear ratios which do not match the nature of the 3l supercharged engine, and most importantly my personal circumstances have changed (retired) so longer distance touring is far more likely over the next few years. My wife has kept quiet about these issues but agrees absolutely that she does not like the car for the same reasons.

So, after about 3 minutes of discussion with SWMBO, I was given permission to p/ex the F-Pace for a brand new Range Rover, and we took delivery last Friday. Obviously we took a large hit on the exchange, but so far I have to say it has been a good decision. The facelifted full fat RR is a joy to be in and poles apart from the F-Pace although having very similar software means acclimatising to the RR has been a doddle.

I liked the f-Pace but crucially I couldn't get to love it. The seats and leather were superb, it was lovely to have a brand new car and I have always had a soft spot for Jaguar the company. Still, onwards and upwards! I have a few bits to go on sale (mats basically) which I'll put on the ads.

Good luck to everyone, Happy Christmas to all, and I hope your F-Paces stay reliable and you get all the possible enjoyment out of your cars that you can!
2018 380bhp V6 S. Carpathian grey, 20" gloss black wheels, black pack, LCD dash, LED signature headlights, privacy glass, panoramic roof, black/oyster leather, oyster headlining, InTouch Pro, 18-way memory seats, many shiny bits!

Jagfpacejk

Re: Another goodbye F-Pace

Post by Jagfpacejk » Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Good luck with your new car.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

ksf

Post by ksf » Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:05 pm

bye bye :)

MyV6Jag

Post by MyV6Jag » Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:48 pm

Hm. I can't say I've experienced the same as you describe for the petrol S.
Very smooth and no jiggliness at low speed.....
Good luck with the RR though. ;)
:o :o :o
Supercharged V6 Petrol, Ammonite Grey, Privacy Glass, Black 22" Double Helix 15 Spoke, Jet/Red Interior, Sliding Panaromic Roof, Black Pack

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:10 pm

MyV6Jag wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:48 pm
Hm. I can't say I've experienced the same as you describe for the petrol S.
Very smooth and no jiggliness at low speed.....
Good luck with the RR though. ;)
Have to agree I did not have the same issues either, maybe it was faulty. :?:
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”