Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Still waiting....

6K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  Jim 
#1 ·
Anyone else having their delivery held back due to unknown 'Software' issues?

Original delivery was due 30th November, the dealer is still not sure when I'll get it albeit it's been in the workshop all Friday and today (Monday) to have it's software updated - the explanation "Its a long job to update the software" has been offered... but surely not 2 days or more?

Anyone else in a similar predicament?

Thanks
J

#2 ·
One of my software updates took 3 weeks, though my last one the car was in 2 days but the software update was completed during the first day and the second day was the continuation of a fault investigation.

Last update was from 18B to 18C and the addition of ACP and AA.

#3 ·
Thanks Jim - Interesting and glad to hear AA and ACP have been finally added... Still not a lot of info from the dealer as they seem blind to what the issue actually is, fingers crossed I get a positive update in the morning.

#4 ·
RockhopperJ, has the dealer said they will be loading ACP and AA as it's a bit hit and miss amongst dealers whether they are going to add this new feature - at all, for free or for a charge!

#5 ·
Depending on what software the car was shipped with, the various updates (done in sequence) can easily take a couple of days of workshop time. 18B to 18C is a 4-5 hour process, if you start further back it'll take longer. And likely fail part way through, meaning they need to start it again. Better to have them get it to 18C with CarPlay *before* you get it, otherwise it'll be back in later :)
DjP

#6 ·
Jim - they've not confirmed it's ACP/AA that's being loaded, tbh I'm not convinced the deal knows what's being done.. I'm expecting a call in the morning so I'll be reviewing this now I know.

DjP - not sure what's it's been shipped with but fair advice I'll aim to get confirmation tomorrow.

Initial reason given for the software needing to be upgraded was that the interactive dash displaying errors apparently? I'm sure all will be good and fine in the end.

#8 ·
SwiftPaws said:
Oh my, my ICTP is v2.5
Not many issues with it thow...
Ine was shipped with 2.5 installed as "the most current ICTP software" 24th April 2018! I updated to 3.5 and two weeks later the "latest" iteration came out. Think I will update in the New Year...probably just in time for the next version to come out :lol:

#9 ·
SwiftPaws said:
Oh my, my ICTP is v2.5
Not many issues with it thow...
If you ever do get it updated it may be in for a while :shock: :lol:

Sorry you do - MY17 :oops:

You don't show how old your car is but some of the updates along the way on mine (Sept build MY17) trashed some of the hardware which then meant JLR had to approve the hardware swap and then re-approve the software update, and so on. If I recall I have had about 3 or 4 units replaced along the way.

#10 ·
[/quote]
You don't show how old your car is but some of the updates along the way on mine (Sept build MY17)
[/quote]

How can I see the build date? First registration of the car was in 5/2017
I am the second owner so I am missing the initial info from JLR to first owners :roll:

#12 ·
Thank you Jim, it confirms the MY 2017.

As there can be some time between build date and first sale, I am just not sure as of when the car ran off the plant :?:

Because when it is one of the first built MY2017, it may be the latest MY2017 can have different hardware (due to issue feedback and quality improvements by JLR during a year)?
Just my thoughts on complete new cars to the market within the first 3 years.

#13 ·
Jim said:
RockhopperJ, has the dealer said they will be loading ACP and AA as it's a bit hit and miss amongst dealers whether they are going to add this new feature - at all, for free or for a charge!
@Jim - Turns out they want to charge me £200 for the privilege of having ACP/AA added so will not now be doing it for free even as a gesture of goodwill due to initial problems with the vehicle prior to delivery. Will give it miss for now and see if I can get it added at some point in the future, perhaps at first service.

Shame really...

#14 ·
SwiftPaws the VIN is allocated as the car runs down the production line, not at first registration, which is when the Reg No is allocated.

If you can compare the last 6 digits with other MY17 cars it may be possible to identify when it rolled down the line. Comparing just the first 2 (or possibly 3) digits of the last 6 as it as probably best not to publish all 6 on a public forum.

My Sept 2016 build MY17 has a last 6 of 08xxxx if this is of any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.