Good bye F Pace

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
RaVolVoR

Good bye F Pace

Post by RaVolVoR » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:36 pm

After 2.5 years I'm chopping my Fpace in for a 2 yr old XJ with 1000miles. Just fancied a change of style and to be brutally honest was sick of the ride in my car. In most respects it did everything I needed but I've grown bored of its idiosyncrasies. It's a brilliant car in many ways and understandably Jaguar's best selling car for many years, probably for ever, but my early car just needed a bit more pre-production testing to be truly great.

I wish all the early Fpace buyers, pioneers in many ways, all the best. All the late adopters also note that you also have good taste in cars. Those who rejected I hope are still petrol heads at heart and can return to the Jaguar fold. Anyone thinking of buying, remember all product forums focus on faults more than the good things. They are good cars, but with a few characteristics atypical of most ecoboxes.

I've always admired the XJ and just happened across a car with stunning specification that fit my budget and with ridiculous mileage. It might not be the best, or most sensible financial move, but then that logic probably precludes most cars, not just Jaguars! Looking forward to my first petrol Jag, though a 340bhp 3.0 SC 2 wheel drive might be a handful in the coming months but I expect to be grinning for most of them, just the more frequent visits for fuelling could be painful.

Enjoy.
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

June16

Re: Good bye F Pace

Post by June16 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:49 pm

Sounds like you have picked up a nice bit of luxury!
Don’t worry about the 2wd , just slap some good winter boots on it and you’ll be fine.

Happy travels , looking forward to the pictures 😍
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

mik

Post by mik » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:14 pm

Good luck. Have only been a passenger in an XJ, but it was lovely.

As above - winter tyres - you'll be grand.
2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:47 am

My wife thinks/knows I'm mad, but not sure she will understand buying winter tyres! I may have to try this but I'm treading v softly with her right now :D

Swapping over Friday will post picture then. I've found an option it doesn't have.... the electric rear window blind! The meridian sound system (26 speakers, why?) And rear seat tv screens are crazy, I'll never get the benefit, but the massage seats are fun!

Its had shocking depreciation though, it's worked out at about £35 per mile for first owner! The test drive 50 miles, cost about £1750 at that rate!
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:09 am

RaVolVoR, I had an XJ a number of cars ago (XF, F-Pace) and what I missed most was the silky smooth effortless way the car glided from one place to the next, along with how quickly it could get up and go if you thumped hard on the go pedal.

I am about to swap my F-Pace for a 300D Velar with electronic pneumatic suspension after having driven one and it reminded me of the XJ in the way it just glided around effortlessly.

P.S. I would recommend winter (or at least all season) tyres, my drive has a gentle rise out on to the road and then the road has a slightly steeper rise and every time it snowed the XJ couldn't even get on to the road. Those fat summer Pirelli tyres are useless in anything other than light rain and the dry. I swapped the Pirelli's for Michelin tyres and the car's stability and ride improved a lot and I invested in some quick fit and release snow chains which meant I could get out and about on to the ploughed roads.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:04 pm

I agree but the tyres have just done 1000 miles... far too new to swap. I suspect I shall have to consider it if we have any snow.

frogmill0

Post by frogmill0 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:06 pm

Jim wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:09 am
RaVolVoR, I had an XJ a number of cars ago (XF, F-Pace) and what I missed most was the silky smooth effortless way the car glided from one place to the next, along with how quickly it could get up and go if you thumped hard on the go pedal.

I am about to swap my F-Pace for a 300D Velar with electronic pneumatic suspension after having driven one and it reminded me of the XJ in the way it just glided around effortlessly.

P.S. I would recommend winter (or at least all season) tyres, my drive has a gentle rise out on to the road and then the road has a slightly steeper rise and every time it snowed the XJ couldn't even get on to the road. Those fat summer Pirelli tyres are useless in anything other than light rain and the dry. I swapped the Pirelli's for Michelin tyres and the car's stability and ride improved a lot and I invested in some quick fit and release snow chains which meant I could get out and about on to the ploughed roads.
I certainly go along with the comments on the XJ. I've had three in different incarnations and the standout features on all of them were the silky smoothness and the magic carpet ride, even on the last one which was an XJR.

The F-Pace is, of course, a completely different cup of tea but I love it!
3.0d 'S' in Rhodium Silver. ICTPro, 825w Meridian, Cold Climate pack, 14 way memory seats, pan roof.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:40 pm

Go luck with your new ride, I know exactly where your coming from with the new car, I was in a Jaguar showroom in London's Westfield Stratfort City at the weekend, Jaguar have a showroom inside the mall and i was looking around, the E-pace which has a far too small boot for me or the wife but they had an I-Pace and this was the first time i have seen one in the flesh and it looks very nice, my only worry is the issues i had with my two F-paces and do i want to really go back to the JLR brand after the way they treated me as a customer.

Torn is the honest word.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:41 pm

Well she's gone :(

But say hello to the XJ....

XJ.jpg

An for those interested, this is a MY2016, 1030 miles from new and the ICTPro has both Apple and Android car play options ... but its not supposed to?

Thanks everyone over the years its been fun in FPace world, I hope the XJ guys are as welcoming!

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:34 pm

Looks fantastic, do the newer XJ's still have the effortless smooth ride from place to place whilst hiding a lot of grunt for when it is needed?

My old XJ was probably the best riding vehicle I have ever owned in terms of smoothness of ride and simply never giving the impression it was every being pushed to perform.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”