First service

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
JOCK55

Re: First service

Post by JOCK55 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:17 pm

tonythehoolet wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:54 pm
Thanks Jeffrey. I could not find that information on the jag website and it wasn't in my owners booklet
I note your vehicle is diesel. I believe the schedule Jeffrey posted is for a petrol F-Pace. It is slightly different for diesel variants. Afraid I can't help you with the actual schedule for diesels but you should have received a letter from Jaguar, (not your dealer) detailing the service regime for your vehicle. If you did not I would contact them and ask for it.

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

47jag

Post by 47jag » Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:56 pm

At 11500 miles I got an indication on the dash that a service was due at 12,200 miles, coincidentally I started getting emails from the dealer to book my car in for a service. Someone listed what occurs at a first service and it boiled down to an oil & filter change with loads of testing this, that and the other which I would already be aware of just by driving my car. So I did it myself. Net cost was £63 (filter £10 plus 6 litres of oil at £9/litre). I know I'm going to get dire warnings about reductions in future value but at 78 I doubt if that is going to be my problem.

I noticed the first poster complained about tyres wearing at the edges and got the alignment checked for free. As part of the investigation into the Pirelli tyre skipping problem I also complained about uneven wear. I was charged £95 for an alignment check as it isn't covered by warranty.

Art

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:05 pm

JOCK55 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:17 pm
tonythehoolet wrote:
Thanks Jeffrey. I could not find that information on the jag website and it wasn't in my owners booklet
I note your vehicle is diesel. I believe the schedule Jeffrey posted is for a petrol F-Pace. It is slightly different for diesel variants. Afraid I can't help you with the actual schedule for diesels but you should have received a letter from Jaguar, (not your dealer) detailing the service regime for your vehicle. If you did not I would contact them and ask for it.

Jock
The information I posted was for a 2L diesel, the 3L diesel and petrol info was further down the page.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:09 pm

jeffreywoodham wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:05 pm
JOCK55 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:17 pm
tonythehoolet wrote:

Jock
The information I posted was for a 2L diesel, the 3L diesel and petrol info was further down the page.
http://jaguar.gi/quality-section/owners ... -pace.html
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

Neilfx

Post by Neilfx » Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:00 am

No mention was made of a brake fluid change by my dealer, and I’m happy to have gotten the tracking done free too!
Prestige 2.0 dsl, AWD Man. Ammonite Grey, elec seats,lumbar, ICTP, htd screen, pwr tailgate, park aid, rear camera, adaptive dyn, recline rear seats, oyster lthr and headliner, ash tray (no I don't smoke) cup cover, removable tow bar

MRB

Post by MRB » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:04 am

Neilfx wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:51 am
Unable to install Smartphone Pack (Apple Car play) as this functionality is not available on cars sold in Ireland and some other markets. The ‘cubby hole’ must have a SIM card slot, if not, the supplied hardware does not support Apple CarPlay or the Android version. This is extremely annoying as Jaguar have purposely designed the infotainment system to be obsolete! I have asked whether I can purchase the necessary parts and retrofit them, but was met with:” i’m Sure that’s not possible”. I await their response to this.

My F-Pace has the ICT Pro and like yours it does not have SIM connectivity as like Ireland Gibraltar cars do not have this feature.
My service dealer has assured me that Jaguar are somewhat red faced over this problem and are working on a solution, which he anticipates should be this side of Christmas.

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:11 am

47jag wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:56 pm
At 11500 miles I got an indication on the dash that a service was due at 12,200 miles, coincidentally I started getting emails from the dealer to book my car in for a service. Someone listed what occurs at a first service and it boiled down to an oil & filter change with loads of testing this, that and the other which I would already be aware of just by driving my car. So I did it myself. Net cost was £63 (filter £10 plus 6 litres of oil at £9/litre). I know I'm going to get dire warnings about reductions in future value but at 78 I doubt if that is going to be my problem.

I noticed the first poster complained about tyres wearing at the edges and got the alignment checked for free. As part of the investigation into the Pirelli tyre skipping problem I also complained about uneven wear. I was charged £95 for an alignment check as it isn't covered by warranty.

Art
A friend with a Discovery 5 V6d has has 2 services in 8000 miles he has flatly refusing to pay anything, and threatening rejection. That got Customer services moving, the car is booked in for a software update to cure the problem.
Apparently the problem is short journeys not giving the particulate filter time to regenerate fully, which is a logical reason, the intention is to tell the driver when to take a longer trip but not sure how long. This happens with other brands as well. Others have tested the oil and found it normal not diluted by fuel.

A 4 wheel alignment check should be free if tyres wearing unevenly
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

PLR3R

Post by PLR3R » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:23 pm

Just got my F-Pace back from it’s first service at 21,000 miles. Apparently everything OK mechanically.
I told them about the occasional Infotainment “freeze” and that the functions in the electric “cubby” in the centre armrest had frozen last week giving no data from my 3G card no charge to my phone and no play from my I-Pod. This I fixed by shutting the car down and then locking and unlocking it. The same “fix” I used for the Infotainment freeze. Stratstone have completely updated the Infotainment software giving me a totally new view- which is totally insipid by the way- and all the functions have changed. I have of course lost all my history onboard and my personal screen setup.
One new thing appears to be the facility to connect Apple and Android devices. Whether this is Apple CarPlay and Android Auto I do not know as when I plugged in my Android phone as instructed nothing happened. Not tried my i-Pad yet nor contacted the dealership. Does anyone know if this is the new Jaguar Apple/ Android thing which can be retrofitted to older models with the Pro system?
2.0 D Portfolio Auto AWD. IRR . 18 way Front Seats. Adaptive Dynamics. ICTP 380w. Privacy Glass. Space Saver Spare.
PureGuard (waste of money). 🙂

PLR3R

Post by PLR3R » Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:56 pm

Just been on YouTube and this American chap has the same update- 18C, but his has Apple and Android buttons on swiping the screen to the left and my update does not so I assume I cannot get them. Bummer.
2.0 D Portfolio Auto AWD. IRR . 18 way Front Seats. Adaptive Dynamics. ICTP 380w. Privacy Glass. Space Saver Spare.
PureGuard (waste of money). 🙂

tonythehoolet

Post by tonythehoolet » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:34 pm

21k F Pace Service.PNG

I queried this with my dealer and got sent the 21000 mile service sheet above. Changing the brake fluid is an optional item at the bottom. "Optional" is not the same as "recommended" of course... and the dealer had said this was recommended by JLR..... Anyhow, for sure I'm not going to get it done, thanks to everyone for helping out
AWD Auto Portfolio in dark sapphire blue, sliding roof, light oyster leather, driver memory pack, ICTP, space saver spare, cupholder cover and Kenolon ceramic shield paint protection.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”