First service

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Neilfx

First service

Post by Neilfx » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:51 am

I just got my MY2018 2.0d fPace back from its first service at 34,000km. The service plan meant that there was no charge. Here are the topics I raised, and the dealers response:
Service items 21st November 2018
1. Squeaky Brakes:
When car has been stationary the brakes are squeaky for a short period.
Response: front brake pads replaced
2. Rubbing Noise from front wheels when turning 90 degrees at low speed. Note: This was previously raised but not rectified.
Response: Dealer performed minor adjustment, I will monitor the situation.
3. Front Tracking? Uneven tyre wear on front axle. The front passenger side tyre is wearing on the outside.
Response: Dealer checked the tracking which is ok. They say the wear is most likely from the roads in my locality. It’s not a big deal as the tyre has lots of tread remaining. I just wanted the tracking checked.

4. Stereo: Passenger door speaker buzzes for certain songs, even when volume is not high.
Response: Technician unable to reproduce buzzing - no action taken. I expect to be back with them soon with this.
6. ICTP:
a. Takes about 3 minutes to boot up some journeys
b. SatNav normally takes about 5 minutes to boot up.
c. bluetooth connection issues with iPhone:
i. Occasionally loses contact, or does not establish contact
d. USB connection issues with iPod:
i. Recognises iPod which is connected by USB cable, but does not play the music
ii. Occasionally loses the connection when music is playing
iii. USB fails to charge iphone/iPod sometimes
Response: software updated to version 18C
Unable to install Smartphone Pack (Apple Car play) as this functionality is not available on cars sold in Ireland and some other markets. The ‘cubby hole’ must have a SIM card slot, if not, the supplied hardware does not support Apple CarPlay or the Android version. This is extremely annoying as Jaguar have purposely designed the infotainment system to be obsolete! I have asked whether I can purchase the necessary parts and retrofit them, but was met with:” i’m Sure that’s not possible”. I await their response to this. A chap in Australia retro-fitted into a LR Freelander in 2016 but it required massive effort, perseverance and expertise on his behalf, none of which I enjoy!

Please update satnav maps
Response: Not done
7. Media Player:
a. DVD only plays for a short time period before failing
b. CDs ripped onto hard drive fail to recognise artist, track title etc
Response: Dealer hopes the software update will help these issues but accepts that neither are specifically addressed by version 18c.
Standard first service performed satisfactorily, car is driving beautifully!
Prestige 2.0 dsl, AWD Man Ammonite Grey, 10 way elec seats w/mem, lumbar, ICTP, htd screen, pwr tailgate, park aid, rear camera, adaptive dyn, recline rear seats, oyster lthr and headliner, ash tray (no I don't smoke) cup cover, removable tow bar

tonythehoolet

Re: First service

Post by tonythehoolet » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:50 am

Just booked my 2.0d f-pace in for its first (21,000 mile) service. Also got a service plan but told by my dealer (Lookers Amersham) that JLR recommended a brake fluid change at £59.
Not sure how real this requirement is but if it is needed its a bit of a racket (should be included in the service plan).

Did your dealer not mention this?
AWD Auto Portfolio in dark sapphire blue, sliding roof, light oyster leather, driver memory pack, ICTP, space saver spare, cupholder cover and Kenolon ceramic shield paint protection.

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:54 am

Tracks ripped to CD still have unknown artis and blank track names after latest 18c.
Really annoying when you rip two “UNKNOWN” CDs....it jumbles the tracks up.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:52 pm

Another main Dealer scam exposed.. Brake fluid is due for change after 3 years and this is across the range all models.
Regretfully 2 Rejected F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.

tonythehoolet

Post by tonythehoolet » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:27 pm

Hydrajaws wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:52 pm
Another main Dealer scam exposed.. Brake fluid is due for change after 3 years and this is across the range all models.
Thanks.
This is what I suspected. Where do you get your information from? I cannot find any description of what the various elements are of an A service or B service or replacement interval for other fluids etc. that fall outside of the main service events. There's nothing official on the jaguar site that I could find.
AWD Auto Portfolio in dark sapphire blue, sliding roof, light oyster leather, driver memory pack, ICTP, space saver spare, cupholder cover and Kenolon ceramic shield paint protection.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:42 pm

tonythehoolet wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:50 am
Just booked my 2.0d f-pace in for its first (21,000 mile) service. Also got a service plan but told by my dealer (Lookers Amersham) that JLR recommended a brake fluid change at £59.
Not sure how real this requirement is but if it is needed its a bit of a racket (should be included in the service plan).
I agree Tony, if brake fluid needs changing then it should be done as part of the service schedule, not sold as an add-on extra, outside of the service plan which we have paid for up-front, if we have taken that option. It is very shabby practice to try and gain additional revenue by charging for items like this outside of the normal service schedule requirements. To the best of my knowledge brake fluid is not required to be changed at the first service interval. Either way, I would not pay an extra £59 for it, it sounds like they are just trying to extort additional money from you.

My dealership had the cheek to try and sell me an engine cleaning 'flush' for £39 extra at my first service . . I declined their kind offer and pointed out that if they were changing the engine oil, as is required as part of the first service, then such a process would be completely unnecessary as the old oil should be drained completely and replaced with new.

Is it any wonder that dealerships get themselves a bad name? :roll:
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Hydrajaws

Post by Hydrajaws » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:49 pm

tonythehoolet wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:27 pm
Hydrajaws wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:52 pm
Thanks.
This is what I suspected. Where do you get your information from? I cannot find any description of what the various elements are of an A service or B service or replacement interval for other fluids etc. that fall outside of the main service events. There's nothing official on the jaguar site that I could find.
Lifetime in the trade and avoiding main dealers wherever possible!!
Regretfully 2 Rejected F Paces behind me but now happily driving a 2018. 2.0 D 240 AWD XF Sportbrake in caesium blue.
Summer car 2006 XK 4.2 Convertible.

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:49 pm

F6BBE0E8-0FFA-483C-BC99-184E8DAE93A5.jpeg

2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

tonythehoolet

Post by tonythehoolet » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:54 pm

Thanks Jeffrey. I could not find that information on the jag website and it wasn't in my owners booklet

jeffreywoodham

Post by jeffreywoodham » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:00 pm

I hope the circumstances are the same but this came from their Gibraltar website. I don’t suppose I’m an exception but I have had nothing but exemplary service from my dealership, Duckworth’s of Boston.
2018 25t Portfolio, BRG, Siena, Privacy, Configurable Dynamics, Infra Red Screen

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”