Roof box advice

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
JAGFlubster

Roof box advice

Post by JAGFlubster » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:34 am

Morning all

Been a while!

Need to get roof bars and a roof box. Never had one before, so have a few questions:

1. Have a done a search on here which suggest that having an opening pano roof maybe a problem. Is that true?
2. Is there any difference between the jag branded bars and box and others? E.g Thule
3. Any suggested boxes? Dont need a huge box, just something relatively average
4. Are aerodynamics important? I.e. is the sports box better?
5. Happy to consider second hand if anyone wants to sell their kit?

Happy to receive any relevant advice. Thanks in advance for your help?

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

mik

Re: Roof box advice

Post by mik » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:52 pm

1. No issue with opening pano roof with our setup.
2. Probably (?) Dont know :?
3. See below.
4. Important to me -yes. Dont want unnecessary noise or drag.
5. No ta. :)

I cant claim to be an expert as i only have one experience.....

I bought some Thule aero bars and a "carbon look" Kamei (Delphin 340k I think - not sure) about 11 years ago. With different foot packs (about £40 to change each time) this setup has been on my Scoob, a Disco3, Disco4, and now the FPace. The wider bars mean you can more the box over further for easier access, and i have also had box plus two bike carriers on at the same time. Bought from roofbox.co.uk. other sellers are available.

The box itself has been superb. Not the biggest, but ample for us. Light enough to manhandle - it lives on a sling up high in the garage. Locks are good and it has done everything asked of it. (Std 6yr warranty too).

It looks a bit bigger on the scoob than on the others.... :lol:

2017 F-Pace 3.0D S for her
2014 Lotus Evora S SportsRacer for him

KeithL

Post by KeithL » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:38 pm

1. We have had a piano opening Thule Alpine 100 for 20 years and never had a problem.
2. I don't know for certain but I suspect they are just rebranding another product.
3. Thule has served us well. We have the Thule Alpine 100 which, if I remember right, has a capacity of 370 litres. It also conveniently will take 4 Safeway green crates sidways on with space for a couple of pairs of walking boots st the front. Makes loading and unloading easier.
4. I always thought the roof box would severely impact performance and fuel consumption. In reality it appears to have had little effect on either, but then the Thule box is quite aerodynamic in shape.
5. Sorry, can't help you there..

Hope that helps.
2017 2.0 i4 Diesel (180PS) AWD Portfolio in Indus Silver with ICTP

RoyF

Post by RoyF » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:52 pm

I'm pretty certain Thule make most, if not all of the Jaguar branded carrying / travel accessories like these.

I know Thule make the rear mounted Cycle Carrier, and the Snow Traction Device, (aka Thule K-Summit). As far as the Jaguar Roof Sport Box is concerned, I'm pretty sure this is just a re-badged 'Thule Dynamic 800'. You will probably be able to match up the other boxes with those on a Thule Website / stockist.

Roy.
R-Sport 240 AWD - Yulong White, Privacy Glass, LED Headlights, Heated Wheel, Advanced Parking with Surround Camera, Adaptive Cruise, Heated Screen, Power Mirrors, Electric Tow Bar, Space Saver, Configurable Ambient Lighting, Homelink Opener.

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:16 pm

Thanks for the help everyone.

Just bought a new thule one and bars etc. Got a decent bf deal, so pretty happy

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

RoyF

Post by RoyF » Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Nice work Flub..... which model Thule do you go for in the end ?

Roy.
R-Sport 240 AWD - Yulong White, Privacy Glass, LED Headlights, Heated Wheel, Advanced Parking with Surround Camera, Adaptive Cruise, Heated Screen, Power Mirrors, Electric Tow Bar, Space Saver, Configurable Ambient Lighting, Homelink Opener.

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:07 am

RoyF wrote:
Fri Nov 23, 2018 8:15 pm
Nice work Flub..... which model Thule do you go for in the end ?

Roy.
Hi Roy

Its a Thule touring 200 box with the wing bars. Got a black friday deal from Halfords and finally picked up yesterday.

Thanks for your help

Flub!

2018-12-02 08.58.26.jpg

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”