Windscreen

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
LondonFalcon

Re: Windscreen

Post by LondonFalcon » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:30 pm

I had my windscreen replaced in July by Autoglass. Took a couple of hours and we then went out on a drive to do the calibration. He used a plug in laptop thing and said everything would work but I noticed that the speed sign recognition wasn't updating. We drove round a bit more and still no joy, much to his bemusement. We ended up stopping in a supermarket car park and, having read through the manual, we discovered that the car had this function was switched off, presumably due to the camera being disconnected. Work bearing in mind!
2.0d AWD Auto 180ps Portfolio in Loire Blue with Ebony Windsor Leather interior

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Wed Nov 21, 2018 3:53 pm

All good to know in advance. 6 days and still no new screen. The incident was on M25 whether it was stone or piece of wreckage I have no idea but it's starred right at the top of the wiper area. Jaguar dealer said that because it was star cracks it couldn't be repaired like a chip. I expect it to be Pilkington glass not Jaguar but then Jaguar don't make glass so it's likely same thing different label. I may be wrong, i dont care really so long as it gets fixed. Will chase them later for update.
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Jim

Post by Jim » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:46 pm

Had my windscreen replaced by Autoglass a couple of weeks back and where the makers name is has been covered over in black with Pilkington name on the black surface. The fitter pointed this out and said that they were Jaguar windscreens but because they were being sold through Autoglass had to have the Jaguar logo covered over. Whether this is BS or correct I have no idea, but it looks and works just the same including the heater elements being visible in certain lighting and angles :lol:
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:47 pm

Jim wrote:
Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:46 pm
Had my windscreen replaced by Autoglass a couple of weeks back and where the makers name is has been covered over in black with Pilkington name on the black surface. The fitter pointed this out and said that they were Jaguar windscreens but because they were being sold through Autoglass had to have the Jaguar logo covered over. Whether this is BS or correct I have no idea, but it looks and works just the same including the heater elements being visible in certain lighting and angles :lol:
Laugh I was wondering if when they replaced it they would have different elements.
My old mondeo and Volvo had elements that were black / dark grey , so no reflections of light at low sun levels or night.

It’s not rocket science to have non reflective elements :roll:
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:45 pm

June16 wrote:
Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:47 pm
It’s not rocket science to have non reflective elements :roll:
Let's be honest making cars isn't rocket science, quality control is just a bit harder. By this I mean my early Fpace had faults that should have been developed out before sales began. Off topic but I wonder if I should buy a new Fpace to experience what it should have been!

Anyway still no news, no new screen... :(
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

LondonFalcon

Post by LondonFalcon » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:16 pm

My windscreen broke as I was driving up to Silverstone for the F1 on Friday 6th July.

My Autoglass job summary confirms that the replacement was fitted on Wednesday 25th July.

Keep chasing them!
2.0d AWD Auto 180ps Portfolio in Loire Blue with Ebony Windsor Leather interior

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:04 pm

Screen replaced today. To be fair they tried to repair it but it didn't really meet a good enough standard so it was replaced. Calibration on Thursday as the guys who turned up didn't have training. Apparently I had a message to this effect, interesting as I have voicemail turned off!

Anyway, new screen fits and so far all looks good.

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:00 pm

Calibration now done too by autoglass, took 30 mins including brief test drive. Saying good bye to my FPace tomorrow....

Saying hello to Portfolio XJ with just 1,000 miles in two years, brand new with 50% discount and far too many toys!

I shall miss the Fpace practicalitybut only for a few minutes!

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”