Windscreen

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
RaVolVoR

Windscreen

Post by RaVolVoR » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:32 pm

After almost 40years of driving Jag I g to have first replacement windscreen. Stone hit top right corner leaving a 25mm star. Jaguar dealer said new screen so Autoglass booked via insurance. Interesting their site said 567 Fpace screens fitted so far, seems a lot!

Now waiting to find replacement heated screen. :(
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

chastt

Re: Windscreen

Post by chastt » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:52 pm

I've had four new screens in my F-Type, but the F-Pace is still on its original
2.0ltr Polaris White F-Pace for the commute and 3.0S Italian Racing Red F-Type for the weekend

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:46 pm

I find myself willing stones to fly up and hit me as my insurance company repaired my 15mm crack and chip to the centre of the windscreen and it doesn't look good. They refused to replace as it could be repaired but, it is far from perfect and can still be seen clearly from inside. It was a few centimetres away from the zone they can't repair....annoyingly
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:19 pm

Smitten wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:46 pm
I find myself willing stones to fly up and hit me as my insurance company repaired my 15mm crack and chip to the centre of the windscreen and it doesn't look good. They refused to replace as it could be repaired but, it is far from perfect and can still be seen clearly from inside. It was a few centimetres away from the zone they can't repair....annoyingly
Can’t you just say the repair is causing blinding , and blurring at night and distorting your vision.
I’m sure the insurance would arrange a new screen if you say that.??
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:48 pm

Not a bad idea June 16.....its actually quite small but it is in the eyeline in the centre of the windscreen but not in the zone immediately above the wheel. I think I will have a word now that darker nights and headlights create more dazzle
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

FP Steve B

Post by FP Steve B » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:00 am

If you have your windscreen replaced by Autoglass or a non dealer supplier, it is worth noting that you will need to have it 'recalibrated' because of the cameras mounted near the rear view mirror (lane departure etc). If the windscreen company can't do it when refitting it will cost £100 at the main dealers. This happened to me in my Discovery Sport. The good news is that the insurance company will pay it but worth checking with them first! 8-)
Born 16/11/18, 3.0d V6 Portfolio Auto AWD, Fuji White, Ebony Windsor Leather Electric Seats, Adaptive LED lights.
Gone: LR Discovery Sport 180, Holden Clubsport R8 6.2ltr V8, Jeep Cherokee 2.8 CRD, Toyota Supra Twin Turbo, Ford Mustang Cobra V8. 8-)

RaVolVoR

Post by RaVolVoR » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:17 am

FP Steve B wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:00 am
If you have your windscreen replaced by Autoglass or a non dealer supplier, it is worth noting that you will need to have it 'recalibrated' because of the cameras mounted near the rear view mirror (lane departure etc). If the windscreen company can't do it when refitting it will cost £100 at the main dealers. This happened to me in my Discovery Sport. The good news is that the insurance company will pay it but worth checking with them first! 8-)
Autoglass told me they have to take it for a 30mins drive to reset the camera systems, so they know about it now! I guess 30 months of Fpace on the road gives everyone more knowledge!
AWD Portfolio, Italian Racing Red , a car with more "bounce" than most inflatable castles!

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:40 pm

When I needed a replacement on my XE, I was also directed to Autoglass via Insurance Claim line and got the same delay message while they sourced replacement, which I now strongly suspect was because they are made to order by Pilkington, having found out via the XE forum that they do not always use genuine Jaguar replacement screens. After trying to get reasssurance that they were going to use a genuine part and failing, I contacted National Windscreens, who it transpired were also an authorised repairer of the Insurer, and they ordered the screen immediately, fitted the next day at their local depot, caliberated the camera and billed the insurer direct,
25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs. Delivered May 2018

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:24 pm

Bluefire65 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:40 pm
When I needed a replacement on my XE, I was also directed to Autoglass via Insurance Claim line and got the same delay message while they sourced replacement, which I now strongly suspect was because they are made to order by Pilkington, having found out via the XE forum that they do not always use genuine Jaguar replacement screens. After trying to get reassurance that they were going to use a genuine part and failing, I contacted National Windscreens, who it transpired were also an authorised repairer of the Insurer, and they ordered the screen immediately, fitted the next day at their local depot, caliberated the camera and billed the insurer direct,
My insurer also said if it was to be replaced it would be an Autoglass sourced Pilkington branded windscreen and not a genuine Jaguar branded screen as that would be much more expensive and take longer to source. They assured me it would be the same quality and identical in all other respects as it is Pilkington that makes the Jaguar windscreens. Insurers obviously want to wriggle out of as much cost as they can. I think I will find out who else my insurer recommends for repair/replacement.

jagman2017

Post by jagman2017 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:16 pm

I have had two replacement windscreens in my f pace
The first replacement lasted 4 hrs before it was Brocken by another stone.
Both screens was fitted by non jaguar fitters but both was original jaguar replacements
2.0 Petrol R sport caesium Blue 22” Black wheels Black pack, puddle lights, 380 ict pro pack, ambient lighting, seats oyster & lime stitching,privacy glass.panoramic roof,glasses holder,10 way electric seats, xenon lights, sliding cup holder cover

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”