Satnav voice

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Ladyjen

Satnav voice

Post by Ladyjen » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:14 pm

We are currently having an excellent trip round Europe with the FPace. No problems or niggles except ... Katie the satnav obviously learned her French and Spanish pronounciation from Del Boy! Place and road names bear no relation whatsoever to what is written on the screen :lol: Husband's Audi has a very sexy Doris satnav - she has a lovely husky foreign accent, even says "please" if she asks you to make a U turn ;) Surely JLR could have found a classier bird for the FPace?
Since October 2016 3 litre V6 300PS Turbo diesel, auto, AWD, storm grey :D

June16

Re: Satnav voice

Post by June16 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:54 pm

I’ve put “BOB” the bloke on now , he’s not much better , I think Katie was his teacher.
He’s not bad for most things but when I ask him to play “Roy Orbison and the Philharmonic “..he correctly identifies what I want and then tries to say “Roy Orbison and the Royal London Philharmonic Orchestra” has me in stitches daily.

I used to shout at “Bob” at first, but then realised he’s not bothered and we’re slowly getting along much better.
Every time I get a software update he seems to sulk and not respond very well for a few days, it’s almost like he has to gain your trust all over again.

He is totally clueless on Operatic tracks though and his pronunciation gives me a few giggles.
I have some original Canadian Celine Dion tracks in French , I thought my French was pretty poor, but he makes me sound an expert .

So as Katie and Bob are going to be there with me for a few years , I now just try to humour them.

😀
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:35 pm

I think many who have travelled into Europe have found the pronunciation laughable. To the point that it is pointless listening to him/ her. Street names, town names are often unrecognisable.

I have questioned this with CS last year, as the old JLR sat nav was far better, only to be told if set to English, it can't do foreign.

Try asking it to find Rue Charles de Gaulle. Hilarious.

SRE

Post by SRE » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:50 am

I agree, my F Pace lives in Spain, and yes the Sat Nav Voice Pronounciation is a joke. Roads in Spain are CV332 etc, Sat Nav says Cove332.
Santorini Black 2018 Prestige, Auto, AWD 4 Pot, (runs on tractor juice) Elec Seats, Nav, Front and Rear Camera's, 10 Spoke wheels, Tinted Glass, Spare Wheel, Remote rear Seat release + a few other bits that bump the price north a tad.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”