Poor PDI

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Jagfpacejk

Re: Poor PDI

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:03 pm

Hopefully nothing serious and a quick fix, keep us updated.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:05 pm

Well I have just got back from a 450 mile round trip and the water problem didn't re-occur so thankfully that was fixed, as for the seat it had a bent frame so they removed the leather and put it on a new seat it's a bit more comfortable now.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

June16

Post by June16 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:53 pm

Reggraham wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:05 pm
Well I have just got back from a 450 mile round trip and the water problem didn't re-occur so thankfully that was fixed, as for the seat it had a bent frame so they removed the leather and put it on a new seat it's a bit more comfortable now.
Seems JLR are on the ball , this just appeared on topix , that will be your disconnected vent pipe from the bottle

D8BAD444-815C-426D-BF6D-923A0F2E4204.jpeg

MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:54 pm

It would be nice to see the whole bulletin but I would have to pay £16.70 for the one hour access as I only have a pay per use account with Topix. Paying that seems a lot just to read what it says.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:43 pm

Found a missing cover under the nearside front wing, My wife said there is a whole under your wing we looked an initially I thought it was the vent. It wasn't until she was pulling onto the drive at night that her headlights picked it out. The cover protecting the rear of the headlight and all the connections is missing and judging by the dirt it has never been there. All of the back of the assemblies above that part of the wing are coated in Mud who know what damage has been done to any electrics that are there may have something to do with my adaptive cruise switching off twice in wet weather probable getting muck and rain up where it shouldn't go.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:53 pm

That's a big part to miss out on the production line and not be seen at PDI. Not sure how many sections my wheel arch liner is in but found an image on ebay to give you an idea of what the whole thing looks like complete. Looks like two parts hinged in the middle somehow? I assume left is nearside:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/123374722617?chn=ps
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:07 pm

Smitten wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:53 pm
That's a big part to miss out on the production line and not be seen at PDI. Not sure how many sections my wheel arch liner is in but found an image on ebay to give you an idea of what the whole thing looks like complete. Looks like two parts hinged in the middle somehow? I assume left is nearside:

To be fair i have not got any faith in the production line or PDI, when i had my first Fpace delivered the passenger door stuck out so bad at the bottom i could put my hand inside the car yet not picked up.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:07 pm
Smitten wrote:

To be fair i have not got any faith in the production line or PDI, when i had my first Fpace delivered the passenger door stuck out so bad at the bottom i could put my hand inside the car yet not picked up.
That is truly aweful. Lucky with mine and alignment of doors and panels was good but even so one exhaust pipe was a lot longer than the another...
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:27 pm

Smitten wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 am
Jagfpacejk wrote:
Smitten wrote:

That is truly aweful. Lucky with mine and alignment of doors and panels was good but even so one exhaust pipe was a lot longer than the another...
Yes had this on one of mine also, drivers side was slightly longer, strange as when you watch the production line videos it shows a jig they use when they fit these so they get them aligned correctly, I guess if they do not align the jig in the first place then the exhaust won’t be either.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:26 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:27 pm
Smitten wrote:
Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 am
Jagfpacejk wrote:

Yes had this on one of mine also, drivers side was slightly longer, strange as when you watch the production line videos it shows a jig they use when they fit these so they get them aligned correctly, I guess if they do not align the jig in the first place then the exhaust won’t be either.
I imagine the "No plan survives contact with the enemy" rule applies. Who knows what actually happens on the production line when 200 cars have already been past you and you are thinking about the weekend or something completely different. Whatever system is in place ranging from discipline and pride in the workforce to jigs and quality control are only as good as the weakest link in the chain and motivation of the people carrying them out...

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”