Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

BRG / Aintree Green And it's death.

7K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  chrisP 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Makes perfect sense to me. I hate black cars and black wheels with a passion, they are as common as common and show no detail when viewed from any angle. I don't understand the latest fad to want look like a drug dealer and end up looking just like everybody else. The same seems to apply to grey these days as well.

#3 ·
jeffreywoodham said:
Makes perfect sense to me. I hate black cars and black wheels with a passion, they are as common as common and show no detail when viewed from any angle. I don't understand the latest fad to want look like a drug dealer and end up looking just like everybody else. The same seems to apply to grey these days as well.
I see some people still walking around in tank tops and bell bottoms as well Jeffrey but each to their own and it is all really a matter of personal choice. It really depends on the look you prefer. I like black and I enjoy the challenge of keeping it looking good. I have only seen two other all black F Pace's since I got mine and I think they look striking and not at all common. I have seen a lot more in red, blue and especially grey. I would say the rarest colour is silver. Not seen one.

#4 ·
I guess that JLR pulled the option because of insufficient demand for the colour. They are there to make money, so if enough customers wanted it, they would have kept it. The question is why people aren't buying that colour any more - my guess is that it's a generational thing.

#5 ·
I'll stick my foot in with no offence to anyone's age or colour choice.

I do think it's a bit of a generation thing , youngsters nowadays do go for more bland colours , the stealth look or the grey blend in look . It's pretty much the same for fleet cars , white, black, silver , they are the most popular in any car.

But the BRG colour is a bit of a nod to the cars heritage, for youngsters that is less important ,they haven't lived long enough to form any great opinion on heritage it carrries no o r very little weight.

I suspect it may go full circle just like wall paper or painted walls decisions of late.

My guess it will come back , but might be a premium colour.

Don't shout to loud it's just my thoughts 😀🤔

#6 ·
June16 said:
I'll stick my foot in with no offence to anyone's age or colour choice.

I do think it's a bit of a generation thing , youngsters nowadays do go for more bland colours , the stealth look or the grey blend in look . It's pretty much the same for fleet cars , white, black, silver , they are the most popular in any car.

But the BRG colour is a bit of a nod to the cars heritage, for youngsters that is less important ,they haven't lived long enough to form any great opinion on heritage it carrries no o r very little weight.

I suspect it may go full circle just like wall paper or painted walls decisions of late.

My guess it will come back , but might be a premium colour.

Don't shout to loud it's just my thoughts 😀🤔
Here is the first exception June16 I am over 60 and drive an all black stealth vehicle. Mutton dressed as lamb. I do have some timber on the doors and around the gear selector which is my nod to the past and reveals my age :lol:

Love the original BRG on an a vintage Bentley. I seem to remember a cousin who had an original Mini Cooper S back in the day as well in a similar green but we are talking 50 years ago. It was never a metallic colour though. That's the problem with it I think. The F Pace is a thoroughly modern car with modern looks and styling and a very broad clientele are buying it in large numbers who are not necessarily previous JLR customers. Taste is very individual and we should celebrate our differences. Clearly it's a pity that those who love BRG can't have it but JLR are now appealing to more of a mass market. I notice you can't specify any wood trim in the SVR either...

#7 ·
I have been around long enough to remember green back in the day and I must admit it looks cool on the old defender but on the Fpace to me it's the wrong colour for the car, it's a personal thing and very much so.

Some colours I feel loose the lines of the car and have to say I think black is one of them.

If you want to admire the lines and styling then I think a lighter colour always does this best.

Just my view and everyone has one but I would not miss any dark colour to be honest.

#9 ·
Much has to do with the designers and PR people. The most popular colours on any car at any time will be the one's featured in the advertising. So in the early noughties there were thousands of silver grey cars about. Before that it was red; I had a succession of red company cars in the 80s and early 90s because that's what was out there. On premium cars though you always got a wider choice, so things like green and darker shades of blue tended to be seen, particularly on Mercs and BMWs, but also on Jags and Range Rovers.

The popular colours with the designers these days seem to be various shades of grey, chosen I understand because they show off the various creases best under studio lights - so they look good in pictures and video. I'm not a fan of such shades, and since my pockets got deep enough to buy and run premium cars I have had either black, dark blue or green, and always with a contrasting light interior. That's just my choice, but when I picked up my F Pace, it was in a showroom with a collection of either grey or black cars, all with black interiors. When I pulled the cloth back another punter who had been talking to one of the other salesman said out loud, "Oh that looks stunning, what a great colour, looks much nicer than the one over there". Even the DP said it made a nice change to see a colour that wasn't grey and an interior that wasn't black.

It comes down to choice, but like all mass produced things, your choice will be limited by the colours the manufacturers want to sell and the trend these days seems to be grey with black interior. Not for me, but others seem to go for it.

#12 ·
June16 said:
Limey said:
I don't know how you define a youngster June16 but I'm not sure there are many out there buying the F-Pace unless Daddy is sponsoring it.
At my age youngsters are anything south of 40 lol: :x :lol:
40 wow that's a spring chicken to my age lol.

#14 ·
If BRG was a defined colour rather than a vague olive/dark green based on our steam train colour (google it) then maybe they would have sold more, especially in the UK - I wonder if the Fpace 'Italian Racing Red' is genuinely what the name implies?
by the by the BRG Fpace is metallic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.