It's proving very hard to buy an F Pace

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
bensales

Re: It's proving very hard to buy an F Pace

Post by bensales » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:20 am

Why didn’t you ask to speak with the dealer principal and give them feedback on their sales staff?

But honestly just go to a different dealer.
2018 XF-S Supercharged. In black. With extra black bits. And a bit more black.

corris

Post by corris » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:01 am

bensales wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:20 am
Why didn’t you ask to speak with the dealer principal and give them feedback on their sales staff?

But honestly just go to a different dealer.
Because I've tried three dealers and they're all as bad as each other!

Someone has sent me a message on here saying they highly recommend a particular dealer who isn't that far from me, so I'll try them.

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:22 am

Does seem like good dealers are in short supply.

What little interaction I've had with dealers has been quite useful however in terms of deciding who to buy from. After leaving my contact details with the three dealers closest to me, one e-mailed me back within the hour (but was in no way pushy) and I am now on the contact list when the SVR demo is available: the other two never bothered replying. I had made it clear in each case that it was an inquiry about buying a new car - you would have thought that any dealer with half a brain would be onto a lead like this like a pigeon on a chip...
No F-Pace yet. Looking...

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:03 pm

corris wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:43 am

He then became noticeably annoyed when I spotted a used car I quite liked and started asking about it. His attitude became increasingly nonchalant and I left without having bought anything.
No consolation or justification but some dealers, if not all, separate the roles for new car sales and used car sales; so whilst you would expect them to work for the common good of the business, sadly the attitude can be one of "You are wasting my time if you're interested in a used car".

Hope the recommended dealer works out for you.
25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs. Delivered May 2018

philmayfield

Post by philmayfield » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:21 pm

I’ve experienced similar problems with many dealerships over the years. I think my problem is that I don’t look like I can afford a luxury vehicle! Perhaps you should smarten yourself up a bit! 😀

Garrett1

Post by Garrett1 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:42 pm

Having bought a new Evoque at Barrett Land Rover in Ashford in 2015 they have been pestering to buy something else for months. Having had my eye on an F Pace for a while I booked a test drive of one nearly a month in advance (to suit when I was home) which was early June. 24hrs before the test drive they rang me to say the demo had a puncture and was unavailable despite having a yard full of them and Tyrewebb next door. Went on Guy Salmon Maidstone's website, booked for the next morning and test drive a pre-reg'd R Sport with 7 miles on the clock. Loved it and bought it with nearly an eight grand discount over a factory ordered one. Had great delight in emailing Barrett Ashford the good news.

Picked it up two weeks later and love it, wife has the Ewok so in her good looks as well!

Staff at Guy Salmon were all fantastic
Last edited by Garrett1 on Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:15 pm

corris wrote:
Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:43 am
billwright wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:46 pm
they cared about as much when I contacted them for assistance after I’d bought the car.
This is becoming quite a concern for me now. The salespeople I've dealt with have been truly awful, so I'm guessing the aftersales will be even worse.

I went to a dealership yesterday afternoon with the goal of securing a deal. The sales pitch started by informing me how the F Pace isn't as good as my current car (seriously!) and at one point the guy ran off to watch the football after hearing his colleagues cheering.

He then became noticeably annoyed when I spotted a used car I quite liked and started asking about it. His attitude became increasingly nonchalant and I left without having bought anything.

And the other dealer I've been in touch with simply won't return calls or emails.

Appalling service to the point that I'm not sure if I want a Jag anymore.
Amazing that dealers who exist to sell cars can be so disinterested! Must admit I have had a largely positive experience with Jaguar dealers so far. Order/handover process was lengthy but smooth and upgrade of ICTP was carried out without issue.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

ukrm

Post by ukrm » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:56 pm

Yeah mine was the opposite, i walked in and was seen within minutes. I knew i wanted an f pace in the coming month but ended up leaving a few hours later having purchased the one in their showroom and collecting it that same week. They knocked £4000 off the price - new 18 reg, 20d R-Sport, Corris Grey, Tints, Black Pack, Panormaic Roof, Reverse Camera and the 20" 5 SPOKE 'STYLE 5035' WITH GLOSS BLACK TURNED FINISH.

My only complaint was that as a 29 year old in shorts and t shirt, i wasn't taken seriously at first - kind of as if i was a dreamer!
Last edited by ukrm on Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ukrm

Post by ukrm » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:59 pm

Garrett1 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:42 pm
Having bought a new Evoque at Barrett Land Rover in Ashford in 2015 they have been pestering to buy something else for months. Having had my eye on an F Pace for a while I booked a test drive of one nearly a month in advance (to suit when I was home) which was early June. 24hrs before the test drive they rang me to say the demo had a puncture and was unavailable despite having a yard full of them and Tyrewebb next door. Went on Guy Salmon Maidstone's website, booked for the next morning and test drive a pre-reg'd R Sport with 7 miles on the clock. Loved it and bought it with nearly an eight grand discount over a factory ordered one. Had great delight in emailing Barrett Ashford the good news.

Picked it up two weeks later and love it, wife has the Ewok so in her good looks as well!

Staff at Guy Salmon were all fantastic
We had opposite experiences at the Maidstone jaguar, they were not interested in going over options for used or pre reg'd. I then went over to Jaguar Sidcup as per my previous post.

MyV6Jag

Post by MyV6Jag » Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:12 pm

I had a similar experience when I first went in to Jaguar West London.
Waited 20 mins to talk to someone about my initial interest in the F Pace Petrol V6 S and was told that none were ever available to test drive, just the Diesel S which i didnt want.
Booked my test drive anyway for the Dieael S to get a feel for the car, turned up on the day, waited 30 mins and then was greated by the salesman only to be advised that now the Diesel S was also not available to test but only the basic model spec - great!
Told him that was pointless as it had less power than my current car and I only wanted the S version of the car!
Returned a week later (wife not with me this time as she had lost interest and could be bothered hanging around again) but finally took a good drive in the Diesel S (still no petrol version anywhere too that they could source for me).
Anyway, having never been able to drive the Petrol S, i went ahead and bought it.
The nice salesman I took the test drive with had been asked by his manager what car l currently drove (RR Evoque Dynamic) so thankfully I was 'allowed' to drive one and taken seriously. I even wore a smart shirt on the day to avoid them thinking I was a time waster. :roll:
Their attitude did change when I went ahead to make the purchase.....
Anyway, patience paid off and I'm still a very happy owner of my F Pace! :D
:o :o :o
Supercharged V6 Petrol, Ammonite Grey, Privacy Glass, Black 22" Double Helix 15 Spoke, Jet/Red Interior, Sliding Panaromic Roof, Black Pack

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”