It's proving very hard to buy an F Pace

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
corris

It's proving very hard to buy an F Pace

Post by corris » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:30 pm

I would love to buy an F Pace. Really love to. But unfortunately I can't seem to find a dealership that wants to sell me one.

I went to my local dealer last Saturday and hung around for an awfully long time only to be told no-one was free (which is understandable for a Saturday), so I left.

I returned on Monday and dealt with a guy who couldn't have been more unhelpful and unenthusiastic. He completely sapped me of any interest.

The next day I arrived for my 10.30am appointment at another dealership. At 11am I told the receptionist I was not going to wait any longer (why make an appt??) and I finally saw a salesman and got to drive the F-Pace at last. I was sent away by the salesman with him telling me to build it online and email the details. I did that by lunchtime that day and have still heard nothing from him. I called yesterday and left a message, he's not returned my call.

So today I returned to the original dealership and, again, no-one was free so I was sent away. I wasn't even offered to wait.

Am I doing something wrong? How can I possibly buy a car if the dealerships don't want to deal with customers? If I just turn up, no-one is free, if I make an appointment, no-one is free. If I wait around, no-one is free.

I briefly considered the Range Rover Velar and they couldn't have been more helpful. What is it about Jaguar dealers? This doesn't fill me with confidence about after sales service either.

bensales

Re: It's proving very hard to buy an F Pace

Post by bensales » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:49 pm

Get on www.carwow.com, spec what you want and let them take care of getting quotes from dealers. Then just buy from the cheapest over the phone.
2018 XF-S Supercharged. In black. With extra black bits. And a bit more black.

Bluefire65

Post by Bluefire65 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:52 pm

My experience has been completely opposite to you; From initial contact to sale and post sale the Salesman has been exceptional in dealing with the process and issues promptly but that is clearly no comfort to you after such appalling treatment, which is difficult to explain or justify. Perhaps the current issue of delayed deliveries is disincentivising them or thay are focusing on setting u[p I-pace deals as a big earner.

Why not try an on-line broker e.g Carwow, Drivethedeal to get some quotes; if nothing else it will give you a target price.

It may be worth identifying your location as others may be able to suggest an alternative dealer.

Good luck, it's worth pursuing.

(I see that (Bensales has got in first)
25T AWD R-Sport, Fuji White/Pimento + Black Side Vents, 18 way seats, BLISS, Surround Cameras, bits & bobs. Delivered May 2018

corris

Post by corris » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:05 pm

bensales wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:49 pm
Get on www.carwow.com, spec what you want and let them take care of getting quotes from dealers. Then just buy from the cheapest over the phone.
Funnily enough, I did that only a couple of hours ago, and the only one that has come through so far is from my local dealer!

But the offer is for PCP finance, something I wasn't intending on doing.

corris

Post by corris » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Bluefire65 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:52 pm
My experience has been completely opposite to you; From initial contact to sale and post sale the Salesman has been exceptional in dealing with the process and issues promptly but that is clearly no comfort to you after such appalling treatment, which is difficult to explain or justify. Perhaps the current issue of delayed deliveries is disincentivising them or thay are focusing on setting u[p I-pace deals as a big earner.

Why not try an on-line broker e.g Carwow, Drivethedeal to get some quotes; if nothing else it will give you a target price.

It may be worth identifying your location as others may be able to suggest an alternative dealer.

Good luck, it's worth pursuing.

(I see that (Bensales has got in first)

Thanks for the info - I wasn't aware of delayed deliveries. Is that a thing?

I'm in Buckinghamshire (Milton Keynes and Amersham are the two dealerships I've had the misfortune of dealing with).

bensales

Post by bensales » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:19 pm

corris wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:05 pm
bensales wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:49 pm
Funnily enough, I did that only a couple of hours ago, and the only one that has come through so far is from my local dealer!

But the offer is for PCP finance, something I wasn't intending on doing.
Buying on finance will get you a better deal (with contributions etc). Just pay it off immediately if you want to spend cash.

corris

Post by corris » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:30 pm

bensales wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:19 pm

Buying on finance will get you a better deal (with contributions etc). Just pay it off immediately if you want to spend cash.
Great advice - thanks. Not bought a new car before, so thank you.

bensales

Post by bensales » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:31 pm

Just don't tell the dealer that's what you're going to do :-)

billwright

Post by billwright » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:46 pm

bensales wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:31 pm
Just don't tell the dealer that's what you're going to do :-)
I told them exactly what I intended to do and they cared about as much when I contacted them for assistance after I’d bought the car.

corris

Post by corris » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:43 am

billwright wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:46 pm
they cared about as much when I contacted them for assistance after I’d bought the car.
This is becoming quite a concern for me now. The salespeople I've dealt with have been truly awful, so I'm guessing the aftersales will be even worse.

I went to a dealership yesterday afternoon with the goal of securing a deal. The sales pitch started by informing me how the F Pace isn't as good as my current car (seriously!) and at one point the guy ran off to watch the football after hearing his colleagues cheering.

He then became noticeably annoyed when I spotted a used car I quite liked and started asking about it. His attitude became increasingly nonchalant and I left without having bought anything.

And the other dealer I've been in touch with simply won't return calls or emails.

Appalling service to the point that I'm not sure if I want a Jag anymore.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”