JLR You should be Ashamed

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Matteus F-Pace

Re: JLR You should be Ashamed

Post by Matteus F-Pace » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:50 pm

Sorry to swim against the tide here, but if the problem is fixed, and there are no other issues, might it not be safer to continue with your current car and go for the goodwill gesture? It would be a sickener if you got a replacement which then had a different (possibly even worse/more annoying)fault? I realise you probably feel there's a point of principle here, but ignoring the idiots from CS and GS for a second, it might be worth a rethink?
3.0L SC - Black - Black Pack - Black 22" wheels (20" in winter..) - ICTP - heated steering wheel - memory seat pack for 18 way sports seats - AdSR - 360 Parking Aid - LED headlights - privacy glass

Barthog

Post by Barthog » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:19 am

Hi Matteus
I understand what you are saying and agree if I could be certain it was fixed.
As I thought the previous 6 visits.
What if it’s not fixed again, and in a few weeks reappears do I give it back to them for another 2 months.
When would you draw the line?
Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
Due March,Ebony Black,10 Way Jet/Light Oyster,20" Grey Blades,Pano roof/Gloss Black,ICT Pro 380W,Adap Dynam,Pract Pack,Keyless Entry,Rear View Cam,Config Mood Lighting,priv glass,Hted Scrn/Jets,350mm Brakes,S/saver,cup holder,Serv/Pack.Activity Key.

NEUK

Post by NEUK » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:40 pm

Matteus F-Pace wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:50 pm
Sorry to swim against the tide here, but if the problem is fixed, and there are no other issues, might it not be safer to continue with your current car and go for the goodwill gesture? It would be a sickener if you got a replacement which then had a different (possibly even worse/more annoying)fault? I realise you probably feel there's a point of principle here, but ignoring the idiots from CS and GS for a second, it might be worth a rethink?
The risk with that is that six months passes and the onus will be on the buyer to prove the exisitence of a fault

June16

Post by June16 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:52 pm

Just a thought did you ask if there was any warranty on the repair ?
How long they expect the lubricant to remain effective beforecrequiring to be re applied ?
The name of the lubricant used .......you can then at least check it out yourself....properties etc.
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”