Rejecting Advice

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Jagfpacejk

Re: Rejecting Advice

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:24 pm

NEUK wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:22 am
My ongoing rejection.

JLR finance now want to get an independent inspection done. All the faults are intermittent so they cant be re-created, I do have them on video though.

Example: 1 issue occured 3-4 times in 6 months.

If I let the company do a independent inspection all the report will say is no fault found at time of inspection which will play into the finance companies hands.

The inspection will be for 1 hour.

They say the video evidence is not enough.

Any thoughts?
It's a difficult one as without the inspection how can they agree a reject, you could speak to the independent inspectors and show them the video?

Also show them the e-mail showing the software update will resolve the rattle and then let them laugh at JLR.

Good luck with it all.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:44 pm

NEUK, have you had any input to the selection of the independent inspectors to ensure they are independent of JLR not just the dealer? I believe some dealers have suggested that external Inspectors from JLR are independent :o
Ex 2016, MY17 - 2.0 D, Portfolio - Dec 2018 RR Velar D300 HSE R-Dynamic

NEUK

Post by NEUK » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:47 pm

Sorry for the late reply. Things have been crazy at work.

The inspection company was DEKRA whom are independent but obviosuly are given a lot of work by JLR.

The good news is that the Engineer managed to create most the faults defying probability completely.

So Ive been lucky. Waiting for JLR to get back to me now.

Also for anyone else in a similar position, i refused to let them inspect the car if they didnt comment on the videos. Luckily they didnt need them.
Vauxhall Nova, Nissan Primera, VW Golf, BMW 3 Series, Porsche Cayman, Aston Martin Vantage, BMW 530D, Jag F Pace. Guess at which point I had a kid :lol:

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:28 am

NEUK wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:47 pm
Sorry for the late reply. Things have been crazy at work.

The inspection company was DEKRA whom are independent but obviosuly are given a lot of work by JLR.

The good news is that the Engineer managed to create most the faults defying probability completely.

So Ive been lucky. Waiting for JLR to get back to me now.

Also for anyone else in a similar position, i refused to let them inspect the car if they didnt comment on the videos. Luckily they didnt need them.
At least that’s something you now do not have to worry about, let us know how it goes with JLR.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”