Rejecting Advice

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Barthog

Rejecting Advice

Post by Barthog » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi I am after some advice from someone who has rejected whilst on finance and its procedure.
Anyone willing to discuss via PM.
Thanks in advance
M19 3.0 S Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 10 Way/4 way lumbar/ Jet/Light Oyster, 20" Grey Blades, Pano roof, ICT Pro 380W,
Adap Dynamics, Keyless Entry, Rear View Cam, Privacy glass, Heated Screen/Jets, Service/Pack, Apple CarPlay, Tracker,
Born 3/10/18

Jagfpacejk

Re: Rejecting Advice

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:29 pm

if its any use if you use the search function on the site your find many threads already about this.

member JLRnumber5 rejected two cars so maybe worth looking him up as well.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Barthog

Post by Barthog » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:03 pm

Yes I have looked, but cannot see what I need to know that’s why my question was more specific.
Thanks I will try this member for help.
M19 3.0 S Caesium Blue, Black Pack, 10 Way/4 way lumbar/ Jet/Light Oyster, 20" Grey Blades, Pano roof, ICT Pro 380W,
Adap Dynamics, Keyless Entry, Rear View Cam, Privacy glass, Heated Screen/Jets, Service/Pack, Apple CarPlay, Tracker,
Born 3/10/18

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:57 am

Have you tried looking on the web for articles that may help you?

There are quite a lot which mention what to do if the car was bought on finance . . such as this one . . https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/rejecting-a-car/
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

NEUK

Post by NEUK » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:34 pm

I have recently taken some legal advice and I was told that both the retailer and finance company are equally liable. The retailer sold you the car and the finance company owns the car. Put pressure both parties and don't let them play the blame game and point fingers at each other.

Few pointers ...

-Reject the car within 6 months formally, as within the first six months the burden is on the supplier to prove the absence of faults
-JLR Finance are not very good at responding to communication, so make sure all letter stipulate when you are expecting a response, Same applies with the rejection letter to the retailer.
-Escalation point for the finance company is the FSA, google them, use this if they don't respond
-Escalation point for the retailer is the manufacturer, I've noticed most retailers don't sign up with an ombudsman service
- Make sure you make reference to the following in your letters: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... 20/enacted

If you have had the car for less than 30 days you can just hand the car back now

if you have had the car for less than 6 months or rejected within 6 months your only obligation is that you give the dealer 1 opportunity to fix the issue.

This is not hard or difficult, the decisions are already made legally you are right and it's just a waiting game. (longer they wait the more miles on the car)

I am not legally trained, keep us up to date.
Vauxhall Nova, Nissan Primera, VW Golf, BMW 3 Series, Porsche Cayman, Aston Martin Vantage, BMW 530D, Jag F Pace. Guess at which point I had a kid :lol:

Barthog

Post by Barthog » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:54 am

Hi NEUK,
Thanks for your response.
I am happy to say I no longer have the Problem car.
Picked up a new 3.0 S on the 3rd and loving it, no problems all works fine.

After contacting JLR finance the process is a set period to resolve 48 days I think, mine was partly approved and a compensation payment offered.
Before I accepted my Navigation system stopped working completely including second TFT only able to show normal speedo etc. Contacting JLR finance again this was a deemed a continuation of one of the original issues recorded in month one of ownership so a visit to a alternative dealer to report the fault not fix! was present was enough to start a second investigation and this was approved in less than 2 weeks. At this point I had owned the car for 18 months.

The Garage GS Stockport i found unwilling and blatantly did all they could to delay,obstruct my attempts to resolve my issues.
Good luck
Born 3/10/18

NEUK

Post by NEUK » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:28 pm

Jaguar Newcastle have completely stopped replying to my emails, so I have emailed pendragon.

I'm on month six so may have a bit of a wait.

Just means they will get this one with more miles. its strange.
Vauxhall Nova, Nissan Primera, VW Golf, BMW 3 Series, Porsche Cayman, Aston Martin Vantage, BMW 530D, Jag F Pace. Guess at which point I had a kid :lol:

JAGFlubster

Post by JAGFlubster » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:44 am

NEUK wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:34 pm
-Escalation point for the finance company is the FSA, google them, use this if they don't respond
Minor point, on an otherwise excellent post. FSA has not existed for a few years now. It's the financial conduct authority (FCA) who regulates the finance company. The retailer will also be acting as the appointed representative of the finance company, so should also be authorised by the FCA.

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

NEUK

Post by NEUK » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:25 am

@JagFlubster

Helpful little bit of info in relation to the retailer being regulated by the FCA

(helpful and relevant)

Thank you!

June16

Post by June16 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:09 am

If you are on Finance , the finance company aren’t playing ball, you need to go to the Financial Ombudsman Service
Here’s a link , they then get an investigator to contact you , if you or the Finance company in question disagree with the investigators findings the complaint is escalated to the Financial Ombudsman department who then makes a final descision based on evidence supplied by you, the dealer, the finance company

See here
https://financial-ombudsman.org.uk

The finance Company are well aware of this process below.

https://financial-ombudsman.org.uk/cons ... laints.htm

Here’s how one owner rejected his Discovery Sport using them , it details some of the processes in the rejection but of course for a different issue.
https://www.discosportforums.co.uk/view ... &hilit=FOS

Another successful rejection of Discovery Sport using the Financial Ombudsman Service is here so you can see again the depth and process they go into , in most cases it does take some time. But standing firm can bring success well outside the six month timeline.
http://www.ombudsman-decisions.org.uk/v ... eID=184931

If you didn’t use Finance you reject to the dealer as that is who your contract is with.
You use the Consumer Rights Act 2015 here
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... /9/enacted

A summary can be found here
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... rights-act
MY18 Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, blis, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”