New car delays - WLTP?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Aktive

Re: New car delays - WLTP?

Post by Aktive » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:49 am

I finally got the SIM sent to me by my dealer, but I’d already purchased the Three 24Gb / 2year SIM & works great. Got it for £40 on Amazon so not outrageous & can always get another one it runs out early. Particularly like fact that Three SIM includes roaming across Europe for free.

Anyway, getting back to the original topic of WLTP delayed MY19’s... finally collected and got my new 3.0d S home! Also, had it professionally cleaned and ceramic coated, so hopefully the current sheen will last a while :D

BBDA0D32-0AA6-4450-933F-74689DDCCD1D.jpeg

Not had it for long but so far love this thing! (The torque the 3.0d can deliver is unreal)

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:30 am

Very nice you had the black pack as well? I have stuck to the three sim although if I do use a lot I may just convert it to the same plan as my Three WiFi dongle. I was paying £15 a month for 10GB and went over last month due to a Laptop update I missed to notice. I phone Three and they offered me a new tariff with loyalty discount I am now getting 40GB a month for £14. I can either add a bolt on when I want to do updates or simple swap the SIM. Although at home I connect to my home internet from the car which is unlimited just depends on which part of the drive I park it on how good the WiFi signal is.
I always remember from my XF how torquey the 3.0d was, I chose petrol this time as I don't really do a lot of Motorway driving any more and I am getting about the same consumption as I was from the 2.2D round town but with much more kick. I have done a couple of shortish M25 runs and I haven't noticed the loss in torque between the 2.2D and 2.0P. I would have loved the 3.0SC but they took it off the list so I went for the 250ps as better value for money compared to the 300ps which is nearly £3000 more for very little benefit.
It sounds like you will have fun driving it I know I have and I haven't had a chance to try dynamic and sport mode yet let alone off road.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

JJansson

Post by JJansson » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:20 pm

My F-Pace has been sitting for close to a month now at the harbour in Sweden. The dealer says it’s because of WLTP that they cannot get it into Sweden and registered. Can that be true? Isn’t the car tested and approved for all EU countries?

Smitten

Post by Smitten » Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:04 pm

JJansson wrote:
Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:20 pm
My F-Pace has been sitting for close to a month now at the harbour in Sweden. The dealer says it’s because of WLTP that they cannot get it into Sweden and registered. Can that be true? Isn’t the car tested and approved for all EU countries?
You would certainly think so. Most of the delays in the UK were in August and September.
3.0d S, Santorini black, black pack, 22" black rims, LEDs, Priv, 350W, ICTP, Ebony interior, AdSR, space saver, config ambient, remote release, lumbar, winter pack, rear recline. Build date Friday 13/4/18 :D

JJansson

Post by JJansson » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:31 pm

OK, thanks.
Bit annoying that it’s been a month and new news what’s holding it up.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Each country has its own regulatory body and although Jaguar only perform the tests once they have to be approved in each country. You would have thought that countries would have completed this by now but they may have a different start time for the new MY. Although Jaguar starts producing the new MY in June and in the UK you start buying them then in some markets they sell them at different times, in the US new models only start selling October/November so new car approvals also take place at different times.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

JJansson

Post by JJansson » Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:10 pm

Just heard the delay was due to internal issues...

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”