New car delays - WLTP?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
JOCK55

Re: New car delays - WLTP?

Post by JOCK55 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:37 pm

OJH1973 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:00 pm
Interesting about the SIM. Mine has been set up by the dealer through something called Ubigi and I have 500mb of data a month through that. Haven’t tested live traffic tracker though.
My apologies OJH1973. I have just found this recent update on the following page of the Jaguar Web Site:

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-range/f ... ology.html

KEEPING YOU CONNECTED ON THE ROAD
"Stay connected while on the move. Every new Jaguar F-PACE comes equipped with a 500MB SIM card at no additional cost as part of our Essential data plan. With 500MB of data per month free of charge for 3 years, you’ll be better connected, receiving live traffic updates and more. If you find you want more data for additional in-car streaming and WiFi hotspot usage, we have data top-up plans available. To find out more consult your local Retailer".

It is obviously a waste of time contacting MY local Retailer, as he clearly doesn't have a clue about this facility!!! :cry: :( :? :ugeek:

From what I can find out about this telecoms provider, they are French and do not have a network of their own but piggy back on all other networks in an attempt to remain connected wherever you may be. This is similar to Virgin Mobile. I think my area may be a challenge for them as I struggle to get a 2G mobile phone connection for the vast majority of the time!!!

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

OJH1973

Post by OJH1973 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:07 am

Thanks Jock. Although I am a little disappointed that I wasn’t just getting special treatment! In the relatively short period of time I’ve had the car I’ve been impressed with the simplicity of the technology. I’m no tech wizard so it’s a big relief that it seems reasonably intuitive. Much more so than some of the other cars I test drove that receive better reviews for their infortainment systems.

Oliver

Aktive

Post by Aktive » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:26 am

Thanks for this, I definitely didn’t get a SIM with my just picked up F-Pace so have emailed a link to the Jaguar site to my dealer - hopefully I’ll get one after they speak to Jaguar and confirm the offer exists.
JOCK55 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:37 pm
OJH1973 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:00 pm
Interesting about the SIM. Mine has been set up by the dealer through something called Ubigi and I have 500mb of data a month through that. Haven’t tested live traffic tracker though.
My apologies OJH1973. I have just found this recent update on the following page of the Jaguar Web Site:

https://www.jaguar.co.uk/jaguar-range/f ... ology.html

KEEPING YOU CONNECTED ON THE ROAD
"Stay connected while on the move. Every new Jaguar F-PACE comes equipped with a 500MB SIM card at no additional cost as part of our Essential data plan. With 500MB of data per month free of charge for 3 years, you’ll be better connected, receiving live traffic updates and more. If you find you want more data for additional in-car streaming and WiFi hotspot usage, we have data top-up plans available. To find out more consult your local Retailer".

It is obviously a waste of time contacting MY local Retailer, as he clearly doesn't have a clue about this facility!!! :cry: :( :? :ugeek:

From what I can find out about this telecoms provider, they are French and do not have a network of their own but piggy back on all other networks in an attempt to remain connected wherever you may be. This is similar to Virgin Mobile. I think my area may be a challenge for them as I struggle to get a 2G mobile phone connection for the vast majority of the time!!!

Jock

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:17 pm

Strange I didn't get a SIM and there was no mention of it from the dealer so here goes another email. Not that I need one got a very good deal from Three with only 200MB a month but as it is on their network I get all of the benefits that come with that. I am seeing my dealer Monday for him to have a look at the problem with my rear seat..., and I'll email the nice lady in Jaguar customer services.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:31 am

JOCK55 wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 11:37 pm

From what I can find out about this telecoms provider, they are French and do not have a network of their own but piggy back on all other networks in an attempt to remain connected wherever you may be.

Jock
This now makes some sense. I tested the internet browser with google and it kept going to google France!

Not sure I can be bothered to complain the browser defaults to searching via France and therefore serves french content as a web browser is so pointless in a car. Still odd and annoying though

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:19 pm

I contacted my dealer by email to tell him about the SIM and unusually he returned my email immediately. Basically they received the SIM’s this week so I can pick one up when I visit Monday for home to look at the rear seat problem. We will have to see what sort of top up deals they offer because when my grand kids use the hotspot 500Mb won’t last long.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:44 pm

Reg,

I believe the pricing plans are as follows:

500MB Valid for 1 day is £2.99
3GB Valid for 30 days is £19.99
12GB Valid for 6 months is £79.99 (sounds a lot less than £80.00!!!)

This is what Transatel (French parent company of Ubigi) is charging for computers equipped with their "built-in" SIM cards. No reason why this application should be any different (other than the "Jaguar Motors" factor)!!!

It's expensive compared to UK network providers if you want to use it for hot spot or streaming entertainment, but if all you want is enough for traffic updates, its enough and that bit is free! Make the grand kids pay!!!! Best of luck with that, too!!!

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:08 pm

Can you put any sim in though? It would mean for fitting the free 500mb but you can get 1G monthly data sim for around £5 a month easy enough and much more for not a lot more a month.

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:10 pm

Here is a screen grab off my app for the top ups available. REALLY silly money just rediculous.

B799A5DF-F1C5-4C25-8F69-343731217BEB.png

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:06 pm

My Goodness! That's exorbitant!! No wonder they make it difficult for non-subscribers to find out their pricing plans! Especially when you consider that you can currently get (on Amazon) a 3mobile data SIM for £42.50 for 24GB valid for 2 years. This is what I shall be doing.

If all you want is traffic updates on the navigation system, then the supplied 500MB SIM should be enough and costs you nothing for the first 3 years. However, if you want to use the vehicle's tech capabilities for music streaming, gaming or as an internet hotspot then the way to go is to set up your own SIM similar to above. I'm sure you can chop and change SIM cards as you please, you are not locked in to using the supplied Ubigi card, you just have to reconfigure the system when you change. Folk have been doing this for the past couple of years, so not too difficult, especially with all the guidance available now.

It is interesting to note that none of this is published YET on the Land Rover website. I have looked at RRS and Velour and nothing regarding free 500MB bandwidth or SIM cards. This surprises me as the sites for ICTP for Jaguar and Land Rover, not unreasonably, are converging into one.

Jock

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”