New car delays - WLTP?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Blucat

Re: New car delays - WLTP?

Post by Blucat » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:44 pm

Glad to hear that deliveries are happening, looking to collect this week.

Fingers crossed for everyone!
MY19 Rsport 25t Blue, 19Fans, Oyster & lime, Grey Ash, 18way mem, Surround Cam, Meridian, HtdWScreen, Pano, Privacy, 350Brakes, suede lining, skinny spare

OJH1973

Post by OJH1973 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:06 pm

I’ve got mine too. Collected Saturday morning. Very pleased; just getting my head around all the gadgets and tech it comes with! I asked about the SVR - dealer reckons they’ll be none this year and the early ones are all earmarked for customers who’ve paid deposits. Jaguar seems as popular as ever.

Blucat

Post by Blucat » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:48 pm

For the guys that have collected, did you go through your PDI checklists before you signed? Or get the dealer to confirm they went through the list? Or just collected without issue?
MY19 Rsport 25t Blue, 19Fans, Oyster & lime, Grey Ash, 18way mem, Surround Cam, Meridian, HtdWScreen, Pano, Privacy, 350Brakes, suede lining, skinny spare

OJH1973

Post by OJH1973 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:25 pm

We went through the list before signing. Not in a rigid checklist way but so that I was satisfied that all areas had been covered before I accepted the car.

Blucat

Post by Blucat » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:39 pm

OJH1973 wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:25 pm
We went through the list before signing. Not in a rigid checklist way but so that I was satisfied that all areas had been covered before I accepted the car.
I was maybe hoping that best practice improvements at Jaguar would be done so that the PDIs are ensured to be thorough and buyers checklists would be obselete, but yep better to be safe than sorry.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:38 am

I haven't had much chance to drive mine got so much DIY on at the moment, found one small snag there's something hard under the leather on the back seat so it may have to have a complete new seat the dealer has to have a look at it next week some time. There's one crazy design flaw I didn't notice till I parked it next my wife's evoque, the rest wiper on the evoke is nicely out of view under the rear spoiler but the F-Pace one is in the conventional location. I set up connectivity and I'm still playing with the menus having both the main screen wifi etc to setup and then the 12 inch display for dials etc as well as all of the new features etc. So much different to when I got my XF, some I have to pluck up courage to try the park assist out fully yet, I tried park exit and boy did it get close to the vehicle in front my heart was in my mouth and my wife drew breath deeply then closed her eyes.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Aktive

Post by Aktive » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:19 pm

Received our MY19 F-Pace 3.0d S yesterday and absolutely love the thing already.

Few initial observations
- the steering assist in cruise control is unnerving but amazing and I can see it being a god send on long journeys. The system really doesn’t like it when you take your hands off the wheel for more than 20secs or so though...
- don’t know if the previous model had this, but ability to connect iPhone and fully play & control my Apple Music collection from the steering wheel (play, pause, next track, etc) with no cable connection is great!
- MY19 free upgrade to suede headlining is a really nice touch
- the standard instrument layout is now speedo on left, rev counter on right and then display in middle for nav, etc. When not displaying anything else, the central portion shows a side-on view of an F-Pace (presume this is used to indicate errors if they occur or similar) but it’s a standard grey model. Would have been a nice touch if was customised to match the actual colour/wheels of your car
- I heard mention that MY19 cars now come with free sim including 500mb of data, my car did not come with this. Will be getting a new sim tomorrow to add in.

Happy to answer any other questions if anyone has anything specific while they wait for theirs to arrive

Cheers
Richard.

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:53 pm

I asked my dealer about a free SIM. His response, as I have said before, was that the "built in" SIM is for the operation of the SOS and Emergency buttons only. It is voice only, no data. The cost of provision is covered in your subscription to In-Control Secure which is free for the Warranty period then requires an annual subscription. Cost TBA at time of renewal. You still need a data SIM for real time Traffic Info, Internet Services etc. I didn't think that JLR were going to give anything away!!!

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

OJH1973

Post by OJH1973 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:00 pm

Interesting about the SIM. Mine has been set up by the dealer through something called Ubigi and I have 500mb of data a month through that. Haven’t tested live traffic tracker though.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:47 pm

Haven’t had much time to have a real play with it yet, the manual isn’t as helpful as it could be when you are quickly trying things out. It’s so different from my two XF’s it’s going to take a while to find everything out but it is fun trying new things. I got a SIM from Three if you have an account with Three you can get a free pay and go SIM that gives you 200Mb a month free although at home it connects to the home WiFi.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”