New car delays - WLTP?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Reggraham

Re: New car delays - WLTP?

Post by Reggraham » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:01 pm

I got an email from the dealer this morning with the news that my car will be with him on Friday 27th hopefully early then I can collect on Saturday if not I will have to wait till Monday.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

OJH1973

Post by OJH1973 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:29 pm

Mine is with the dealer too and I’ll be collecting on Saturday. Interesting point on SIM cards that I didn’t know until mentioned today - MY19 models have SIM cards auto-fitted with free 500mb of data topped up monthly courtesy of Jaguar. No need therefore for your own SIM card.

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:32 pm

Reggraham wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:01 pm
I got an email from the dealer this morning with the news that my car will be with him on Friday 27th hopefully early then I can collect on Saturday if not I will have to wait till Monday.
Reg, did you get yourself sorted out with taking a late 18 plate as opposed to an early 68???

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:55 am

I'm still waiting for the dealer to give me a final price but as it will probably be saturday or monday I doubt there will be much movement if any. I think they are pushing hard to get delayed cars out before august to prevent everyone saying I will wait till september.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:47 pm

OJH1973 wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:29 pm
Mine is with the dealer too and I’ll be collecting on Saturday. Interesting point on SIM cards that I didn’t know until mentioned today - MY19 models have SIM cards auto-fitted with free 500mb of data topped up monthly courtesy of Jaguar. No need therefore for your own SIM card.
I have this on my RRS. I was told by the dealer that its so you can call JLR Assist from the buttons on the ceiling of the car above the rear view mirror, in an emergency. Would 500mb be enough per month for live traffic updates? Can it be topped up?

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

OJH1973

Post by OJH1973 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:40 am

Yes. Well they said it will be enough for that and if you want you can top up if you need more data. Jaguar commit to providing 500mb per month.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:33 pm

I just had a email from incontrol to activate my account as the car had been added so I did. I then tested the incontrol remote on my phone just see what it would say and it showed that my car is at the dealers now and unlocked, I did think about being naughty and locking the doors just for fun then I thought maybe not. So at the moment I am scheduled for a Saturday delivery.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:29 pm

I finally got my car this morning,lovely drive home. I didn’t get a sim installed so I had to install one myself. The only problem I have with the car is a hard lump under the back seat on one of the smooth sections, something got into there during production, will probably need a complete seat replacement. Haven’t had much chance to drive today too busy at home but looking forward to a proper drive. The base on the boot floor doesn’t fit as well as the one did in the sport break but that is probably as it was really designed for use without a spare wheel I may remove the jack holder and get a nice tool roll to hold the jack etc instead of the polystyrene thing that takes up so much space.

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:24 am

Well done Reg. It's been quite a journey for you! Unless you are going to carry a lot of rear seat passengers, I'd leave the lumpy back seat until you have driven the vehicle a bit more, I'm sure you'll have more of a "punch list" to get fixed before the week is done.

Enjoy the new car, you must be the most patient customer JLR and your dealer have had!

Jock

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:30 pm

Good news from me too! I picked my FPace up Friday 27th AM. Been driving all weekend and in love at the moment!

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”