New car delays - WLTP?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Reggraham

Re: New car delays - WLTP?

Post by Reggraham » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:11 pm

I have just been told be my dealer the 8th of August but that is not written in stone he hasn't given me a collection date as he won't till they have the car. I told him that as he is not expecting the car till August that I would go for a September 1st delivery but from his tone there is room for discussion on price if I take it in August.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:41 pm

Well Reg, that's only 2 days outside the 2 week window JLR gave you! I don't know what they are playing at. My dealer is quite definitive with his dates. He says they have a Monday morning call with Jaguar and get an update on all their orders, so at worst the data they get (and then pass on to customers/or not) is 6 days old. This is of course if they do not behave in the same way as the government and stand in front of each other and just tell lies!!!

With regard to compensation for the differing registration months, I discussed this before with my dealer and he said the 68 plate will attract between 1% and 3% (of full retail price) more than the same car on an 18 plate at 3 years old. So there's a basis for your negotiations.

All the best,

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:33 pm

Thanks that gives me something to work on as my dealer was saying it is negligible in 3 years, I didn't believe him but at the end of the day he is a car salesman and he wants that sale in August not September. I will be pushing for a further discount to take the car early, I'm putting my personalised plate on so at the end of the day it doesn't matter until it's time for it to go.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:11 am

My dealer said it was around a £600 ish price difference between plates. I’m in the same boat as I’ll be putting my plate on it from new when it arrives but it does still make a difference. The car I’m part exing was a month before the plate change and all they keep saying is it’s a 64 reg 2014 but it’s actually a 2015 car.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:53 am

Rusk wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:11 am
The car I’m part exing was a month before the plate change and all they keep saying is it’s a 64 reg 2014 but it’s actually a 2015 car.
Funny isn't it . . when they're buying from you it's a 64 reg 2014 car

. . . but when they sell it on to the next person you can be sure it'll then be a 64 reg 2015 car!! :roll:
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:43 am

That's so true my 2014 Sportbrake with private plate dropped at least £300 when I took the plate of as it was a 63 plate. As with most dealers they work the plate number and pricing to their advantage not yours

OJH1973

Post by OJH1973 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:28 pm

Heard today from my dealer that cars are now being called from the holding bay - ordinarily it takes five working days for them to be delivered to the dealer but the volumes may mean it will be a little longer. So positive progress at last. All being well I’ll be driving my first jaguar in under two weeks!!

Jags cat

Post by Jags cat » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:15 pm

From this weeks AE magazine!!!

image.jpg

Arrived,JA65 CAT plate, 2 ltr R-sport,ammonite grey, black pack, pano roof, 22" silver helix alloys, meridian upgrade, black/red interior, mood lighting, full size spare,rear camera, serv pack,H/screen, and anything else I can get pass the wife!

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:31 am

I got an email from my dealer he has been told my car has been released and he should see it in the next few days, which is good news. Talking to one of my neighbors who works for a major insurance company all of the guys who are waiting for company cars have been told not to expect their cars before November. So it looks like JLR may not be as bad as others looking at the previous post. Keeping my fingers crossed I’ll keep the forum updated.

Aktive

Post by Aktive » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:13 am

For what it’s worth, my 3.0d S was due to be delivered on 20th July, and got told by dealer a week before that it was held for WLTP and delay is unknown.

Just been told before the weekend that has now been released and will be ready to collect on Mon 30th July.

So seems the WLTP tests are progressing relatively quickly.

Roll on Monday!!

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”