New car delays - WLTP?

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
OJH1973

New car delays - WLTP?

Post by OJH1973 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:02 am

Hi. I’ve just been informed by my dealer that my car whilst built on schedule can’t be released because Jaguar hasn’t sorted itself out yet under the new WLTP requirements. I understand this is something to do with exhaust emissions - but I didn’t follow all he said. The delivery date is pushed back until August. Apparently no new cars will be released until JLR have complied with the new requirements.

Anyone know any more about this? Seems odd that JLR have been caught out like this....

Gato Grande

Re: New car delays - WLTP?

Post by Gato Grande » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:36 am

Morning OJH

If that’s the case, consider holding on til Sept 1st to register it and take delivery, I know some say take and enjoy but it’ll get you onto the next reg if that’s suitable for you. I considered waiting 2 years ago when I got mine in July, but I took the plunge and grateful I did, I’ve had 2 years great motoring, but if the delivery is mid August then it may be better for you.
Auto, AWD, Portfolio, extra bits, inc sliding roof, Ammo grey, now 2 1/2 years old, they’re becoming ‘popular’ and, still looks lush.......👍😘

Was great as a wedding car

MRB

Post by MRB » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:33 am

The delay will soon disappear now that President Trump is rightly going to slap a 20% tariff on EU manufactured vehicles!

JOCK55

Post by JOCK55 » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Gato Grande wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:36 am
Morning OJH

If that’s the case, consider holding on til Sept 1st to register it and take delivery, I know some say take and enjoy but it’ll get you onto the next reg if that’s suitable for you. I considered waiting 2 years ago when I got mine in July, but I took the plunge and grateful I did, I’ve had 2 years great motoring, but if the delivery is mid August then it may be better for you.
I agree with Gato Grande, above, just wait the extra week or so, it will pay dividends when you come to sell the car later in its life. I was offered the "opportunity" to take my car on 27th August but have it registered on an 18 plate or wait until 1st September and take it on a 68 plate. Asked the dealer what difference it would make and his response was probably about £600 more resale value after 3 years for a 68 over an 18 registration. It's a no brainer, really!

Jock
MY19 R-SPORT, Caesium Blue, Ingenium i4 300PS Turbo Petrol, AWD with all the bells and whistles.

Gt mooglywoogly

Post by Gt mooglywoogly » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:00 am

HI

I Have the same issue. The dealer says the car can’t be released until JLR sort out the WLTP stuff. I find this a bit confusing as the new emissions and fuel consumption figures have been published on the configurator for some weeks now. So you would have thought that the paper work would have been finalised?
All in all I’m a bit peeved with the whole thing as I ordered the car in March and was promised last two weeks in May delivery, I factored in a few weeks delay and this looks like it could be a couple of months.
I’m going Europe in Beginning of July and I’m going to be doing some miles through various countries. I don’t think I can fit everything into the wife’s golf!!
If it doesn’t appear soon, I’m not sure what to do? Cancel the order and by a another car that’s in stock with another dealer?
I’ve explained my dilemma and need for a car by July, but I’m still waiting for a call back from the dealer, that was a week ago!!
MY19 25T Corris Portfolio. With added ingredients to make things even nicer.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:19 am

Don't sit waiting for a dealer to call you back . . . ever! . . Tutankhamun's still waitng for his call :roll: . . . get in there and eyeball them!
8-) . . been enjoying since July '16, 2.0d R-Sport, Ammonite + Black Pack, Jet/Red interior and a few useful options

OJH1973

Post by OJH1973 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:25 pm

Thanks Catwoman. I’m all for keeping dealers on their toes but I’m not sure what more we can do but wait. Unless dealers aren’t being honest about JLR’s position with WLTP, it seems there is little more they can do. I’m in a similar boat as the other poster - we were due to have our car by early July and had planned to go away in the first weeks of August and to take the new car - that now looks less likely with a new date for delivery being between 1-6 August. I’ve been assured that as soon as there is news then they will let me know. I don’t know what extra pressure I can apply....

Rusk

Post by Rusk » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:17 pm

I ordered my F Pace in March and it was delayed from the very beginning missing the last slot for MY18 builds and then had to wait for MY19 options and prices to come through to then have to reorder. I’ve been promised a July build with Aug delivery but as most say I’ll likely not have it until September with the plate change.

Reggraham

Post by Reggraham » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:36 am

I'm in the same position my car was built on the 21st June, I was able to watch it go through the lines, delivery has now been given as the first week in August. This a problem for all JLR models they are all on hold. I have done a lot of research and I can't understand why they are holding cars they were built to order as the requirement comes in on the 1st of September.

All manufacturers are having the problems VW are stopping production on some models for 2 days a week till they have been done, BMW have dropped at least one M3 model, Porsche are not accepting build your own orders on any model. If you check the www.vca.gov.uk web site and check fuel consumption and car TAX etc JLR only have MY 18 except the iPace which means VCA haven't approved any of the diesel or petrol cars.

In the new regulations each model variant including options has to be tested so a sport with 20" wheel and standard audio would be one test and if the audio is upgraded that is another that means the manufacture have had to supply tests for all variant and all options that effect weight, electrical consumption etc as this has an affect on fuel consumption and emissions.

I was under the impression that JLR like all manufacturers in the UK have a two week shutdown in August so I would think they would want this sorted so they can get the deliveries rolling again before then. If they don't get approval that would mean a complete shutdown of production for JLR or any model that doesn't get its WLPT results approved/accepted as the new vehicle do meet Euro6 it's just they must also have an approved set of WLTP results.
F-Pace Portfolio MY19 25T Yulong While/Light Oyster 20" wheels, Park Pack, Drive Pack, Touch Pro nav pack
Range Rover Evoque Dynamic MY15 Firenze Red Black Pack, Park Pack

Steve C

Post by Steve C » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:13 pm

If JLR (and other car cos) can't sell cars due to these regs, it's a pretty fundamental issue. Any idea if this is just a timing issue, or if this is going to cause real problems for some companies?
SVR took too long so it's a C63s AMG Estate for me. F-Pace next time...?

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”