Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Winter Tyres and Insurance Company Requirements

4K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  JOCK55 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Does anyone know if Jaguar have committed themselves to any particular brand or model of winter tyre?

As I live far from the tropics of the south coast of England, my vehicles tend to spend at least 6 months of the year wearing winter tyres (7 months this winter!). My insurance company requires me to notify them of significant alterations to the standard vehicle as sold. This includes tyres. It goes on to say that, "Tyres that are fitted and are not specifically supplied, recommended or authorised by the vehicle manufacturer, may result in the Policy being declared null and void due to an unauthorised modification".

As we know, the F-Pace comes with Pirelli P-Zero summer tyres as standard and there is no choice about this (so my dealer tells me!). It wasn't a problem with the Range Rover as Land Rover produce a list of vehicles with different tyre manufacturers and tyre models that are approved for use on the various vehicles they supply. I have poked around the Jaguar website to see if I could find a similar document and it does not appear to be published here! I contacted Jaguar CRC who advised they would come back to me within 3 days with a response. Here we are at day 4 and still no response! To be honest I have never had much joy with these types in LR and have no reason to suspect that their Jaguar colleagues are any better. So...... I have come to the experts!!!

By the way, the last thing I want to be forced to do is to but Pirelli winters - may as well stick with the supplied summer tyres!

Look forward to your response.

Cheers,

Jock

See less See more
#3 ·
Jock - insurance companies just want to do anything to wriggle out of actually paying out don't they. I have 22" wheels and there is no recommended 22" winter tyre (although Pirelli sell one). To drive in Germany at Christmas it is a legal requirement to have winter tyres fitted and without them I suspect insurance will be invalid as well. Catch 22 you might say...must check the small print of my policy.

#4 ·
Jock another thought. Jaguar actually recommend a change to a winter or all season tyre in conditions below 7 degrees C.

#5 ·
June16 said:
The homolgation tyres are listed on topix
Here's the info from another thread I already posted
https://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3558&start=10#p49250
Brilliant! That is a clone of the LR document that I was looking for. Thank you June16. I am especially happy as it has my favourite Conti WinterContacts on there. I can now go ahead and get a set of 19" rims and fit some decent tyres.

Cheers, Jock

#6 ·
Smitten said:
Jock another thought. Jaguar actually recommend a change to a winter or all season tyre in conditions below 7 degrees C.
Exactly, below 7C is an average ambient temperature in this part of the world.

Jock

#7 ·
Ha ha so true. My parents and sisters have been up there since I was 19. Oil industry induced move. The North Sea doesn't get much above 12 degrees C in summer brrrrr

#8 ·
Just a quick update. Finally received a reply from Jaguar CRC, which reads as follows:

"Thank you for your mail dated 18th June. I would advise the information you require regarding suitable winter tyres for a 2019 Jaguar F-Pace can be found in this document http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/model/4A/2019/document/30766_en_GBR. This has recently been published on our website.

I hope this email has answered your query. Should you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

Neil Lynch
Customer Experience Support Advisor
JLR Limited"

The link takes you to the 2019MY Owner's Manual for those interested.

Jock

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.