Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

My SVR F Pace

47K views 127 replies 25 participants last post by  p3eps 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Yes, several times :D

Nice spec lofty. You might be able to save a few quid as the gloss black grill looks like it's standard equipment (click in the std features list in your link and its there).

I'm still struggling with body colour/wheel colour and interior trim combos tbh. Theses are very personal choices but I'll give the configutator another go and post my spec as a bit of feedback can't hurt.

The only crimp in our damn fine plan is that we can't actually order one yet...

#4 ·
Here's my current preferred spec:
https://build.jaguar/1F5762CE#.WyT443WsAhY.email

One question: is the R sport steering wheel standard? I'm struggling to see the difference between what appears to be the std steering wheel and the optional R sport. The configutator does seem to have quite a few options which are standard kit for some reason.

#6 ·
Steve C said:

One question: is the R sport steering wheel standard? I'm struggling to see the difference between what appears to be the std steering wheel and the optional R sport. The configutator does seem to have quite a few options which are standard kit for some reason.
Can not understand that if you paid the amount of money your paying that locking wheel nuts and a CD/ DVD player would cost extra.

Nice spec by the way.

#8 ·
Sevenoaksbull said:
This is my config. Wonder when the dealer will sort out a test drive!
https://build.jaguar/54A2B7BA
Nice build but I would not bother with the 4 zone climate control as unless they have changed it from every version before it does not work, it's not 4 zone climate control, you can set the temperature yes but when you adjust the fan speed at the fron or back it adjusts the whole car so if you sitting there happy and someone else turns up the fan or slows down the fan speed in either the front or the back it adjusts the whole car, trust me I had it and reported it faulty and JLR could never sort the issue and did the same error on all models with the 4 zone climate control.

Before I paid for that I would want to see that you can adjust the rear fan speed without adjusting the front fan speed as you never could on the Fpace before.

Just a heads up.

#9 ·
Jagfpacejk said:
Steve C said:

Can not understand that if you paid the amount of money your paying that locking wheel nuts and a CD/ DVD player would cost extra.

Nice spec by the way.
Thanks, it took a bit of 'practice' on the configurator to get to that.

True, some options ike those should should be standard on this sort of car. And some Jag option prices are taking the wee wee (for example Merc only charge £335 for their 360 camera). Although in the case of those two options that you mention, I need them so not a lot of choice tbh.

#11 ·
Steve C said:
Lofty8174 said:
So after many hours on JLR I've made my choice, can't wait...

https://build.jaguar/16CD8C2B#.WyTLqqiYC54.email

Anyone else built theirs yet?
Yes, several times :D

Nice spec lofty. You might be able to save a few quid as the gloss black grill looks like it's standard equipment (click in the std features list in your link and its there).

I'm still struggling with body colour/wheel colour and interior trim combos tbh. Theses are very personal choices but I'll give the configutator another go and post my spec as a bit of feedback can't hurt.

The only crimp in our damn fine plan is that we can't actually order one yet...
Your right it does come with black gloss grill but not the surround which is why i chose that option, as you say its all personal choice. Liking you build too!

#13 ·
Steve C said:
Good spot on the grill surround lofty.

I'm still struggling with the difference between standard and optional steering wheels though - they look pretty much the same?
Bear in mind the options list is standard for all F Paces..

I was confused about 'R Sport' steering wheel when I ordered two years ago... Presumably prestige models get an unbranded wheel?

Anyway, the R Sport wheel would be a lower spec (badge only) to an 'SVR' wheel, but the functions are the same..

They all come with locking (and rusting) wheel nuts, well they did with my S, though on my second set due to the corrosion.

This is my spec for SVR..

https://build.jaguar/92788F3E

Exterior colour would depend on seeing one in the flesh, not sure about the blue, or sticking with Italian Racing Red.....

My concern would be just how stiff they've made the suspension & how comfortable those seats are for daily use....

I'm interested, but would wait for a demonstrator.....

#14 ·
https://build.jaguar/9AA6C9DE

Heres my build everyone. I do think the colours are a little uninspiring and i definitely need to test drive it. Agree with Corrie about the look of the seats. However if that sound from the promo video is really the sound of the car, then i think im all in! As long as jaguar finance arent too arsey about "swapping cars'

Flub!

#15 ·
My current F Pace came with side vents fitted as standard, in satin grey, but I've noticed that the side vents available as an accessory for the SVR are in black or carbon and are not actually shown on the build image or in the promotion video. Just wondering if this is an error by JLR??

#16 ·
corriescar66 said:
Steve C said:
Good spot on the grill surround lofty.

I'm still struggling with the difference between standard and optional steering wheels though - they look pretty much the same?
Bear in mind the options list is standard for all F Paces..

I was confused about 'R Sport' steering wheel when I ordered two years ago... Presumably prestige models get an unbranded wheel?

Anyway, the R Sport wheel would be a lower spec (badge only) to an 'SVR' wheel, but the functions are the same..

They all come with locking (and rusting) wheel nuts, well they did with my S, though on my second set due to the corrosion.

This is my spec for SVR..

https://build.jaguar/92788F3E

Exterior colour would depend on seeing one in the flesh, not sure about the blue, or sticking with Italian Racing Red.....

My concern would be just how stiff they've made the suspension & how comfortable those seats are for daily use....

I'm interested, but would wait for a demonstrator.....
Thanks - that point about the options list being standard explains a lot. No need to spec a different steering wheel.

You also saved me a few quid on the locking wheel nuts - cheers.

#17 ·
Lofty8174 said:
My current F Pace came with side vents fitted as standard, in satin grey, but I've noticed that the side vents available as an accessory for the SVR are in black or carbon and are not actually shown on the build image or in the promotion video. Just wondering if this is an error by JLR??
Corriescar's point above about the options list on the configurator being standard for all F-Paces I think covers this and I don't reckon it is an option that you can have on the SVR. Looking at the pics, the SVR has a vertical vent behind the front wheels already: there would be no space to fit a horizontal side vent as it looks like the two would overlap.

#19 ·
Some good specs :D

My only observation is the privacy glass option. It is a personal opinion I know, but I always reckon privacy glass distorts the look of the car (same for any SUV) making it look very rear heavy and compromising the design. And from a passenger perspective it dosen't add any value given there is a tint to the window anyway. As I say, just an opinion......

#20 ·
JAGFlubster said:

Heres my build everyone. I do think the colours are a little uninspiring and i definitely need to test drive it. Agree with Corrie about the look of the seats. However if that sound from the promo video is really the sound of the car, then i think im all in! As long as jaguar finance arent too arsey about "swapping cars'

Flub!
If you look at the F Type SVR colour options, you get Madagascar Orange amongst many 'SVR Premium Palette' colours...

I wonder if the configurator will be different when you can actually order one? I seem to recall they've done this in the past - MY18 in Feb 2017 for example.... Perhaps they actually haven't finalised the full options (and prices) and what we're seeing is a test card which explains why no demonstrators on the immediate horizon?

#21 ·
corriescar66 said:
JAGFlubster said:

Flub!
If you look at the F Type SVR colour options, you get Madagascar Orange amongst many 'SVR Premium Palette' colours...

I wonder if the configurator will be different when you can actually order one? I seem to recall they've done this in the past - MY18 in Feb 2017 for example.... Perhaps they actually haven't finalised the full options (and prices) and what we're seeing is a test card which explains why no demonstrators on the immediate horizon?
The downloadable brochure says that you can personalise your F-Pace SVR with over 15,000 colour combinations, including colour matching IIRC - talk to your Jaguar retailer...I guess if youre prepared to chuck them a large enough wedge, they will brew up any colour you like.

#23 ·
corriescar66 said:
JAGFlubster said:

Flub!

Good point. I certainly hope that they aren't heading down the BMW route of having any colour X5 you want as long as it is a drab one.

As for the prices, I think the pricing is about right at the moment ( against the AMG GLC for instance). I do hope that they dont try and squeeze a bit more margin. For instance going down the RRS route with 5k for a paint job.

Flub!

#24 ·
JAGFlubster said:
corriescar66 said:
JAGFlubster said:

Flub!

Good point. I certainly hope that they aren't heading down the BMW route of having any colour X5 you want as long as it is a drab one.

As for the prices, I think the pricing is about right at the moment ( against the AMG GLC for instance). I do hope that they dont try and squeeze a bit more margin. For instance going down the RRS route with 5k for a paint job.

Flub!
The one I was actually thinking of was the Velar configurator.... When it was launched a configurator appeared, but you weren't actually able to order... Some time later it was updated and the options changed as did the colours (which became a smaller range)... The same with the L494 RR Sport... The initial interior colourways were fab, but they then disappeared and didn't re-appear until a few years later...

#26 ·
bensales said:
But in truth, for that kind of money, I'd be more likely to buy the I-Pace.
I think a couple of years down the track when both new cars (and forthcoming competition) have bedded in and all the faults have been sorted is probably the time to decide. I don't fancy being a Jaguar beta tester for £80k...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.