Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

My SVR F Pace

47K views 127 replies 25 participants last post by  p3eps 
#1 ·
#27 ·
Smitten said:
bensales said:
But in truth, for that kind of money, I'd be more likely to buy the I-Pace.
I think a couple of years down the track when both new cars (and forthcoming competition) have bedded in and all the faults have been sorted is probably the time to decide. I don't fancy being a Jaguar beta tester for £80k...
Having just driven back from Brands Hatch in my XKR, until they add the aural joy of a S/C V8 to the iPace, I'll stick with petrol and buy an electric toaster....

SVR = Tan leather, a real gearstick and not a stupid twiddly knob; and the sound of thunder - what's not to like? If I wanted to go fast with a constant whine I'd allow the other half to be a passenger more often... At least I don't have to plug him/her in every night.....

#28 ·
corriescar66 said:
If I wanted to go fast with a constant whine I'd allow the other half to be a passenger more often... At least I don't have to plug her in every night.....
^ . . that's really so impressive!

. . and I bet she just loves being allowed to be a passenger with you . . don't suppose she feels the need to go on public forums and talk about you like that . . she'll have more respect for herself (..more than you have for yourself, any which way)

#29 ·
Smitten said:
bensales said:
I think a couple of years down the track when both new cars (and forthcoming competition) have bedded in and all the faults have been sorted is probably the time to decide. I don't fancy being a Jaguar beta tester for £80k...
Neither the car nor the engine are new to Jaguar, so I have have bit more confidence than you do on this.

#30 ·
corriescar66 said:
Smitten said:
bensales said:
Having just driven back from Brands Hatch in my XKR, until they add the aural joy of a S/C V8 to the iPace, I'll stick with petrol and buy an electric toaster....

SVR = Tan leather, a real gearstick and not a stupid twiddly knob; and the sound of thunder - what's not to like? If I wanted to go fast with a constant whine I'd allow the other half to be a passenger more often... At least I don't have to plug her in every night.....
I hate to break this to you, but superchargers do make an audible whining noise :)

#31 ·
Steve C said:
corriescar66 said:
Smitten said:

SVR = Tan leather, a real gearstick and not a stupid twiddly knob; and the sound of thunder - what's not to like? If I wanted to go fast with a constant whine I'd allow the other half to be a passenger more often... At least I don't have to plug her in every night.....
I hate to break this to you, but superchargers do make an audible whining noise :)
If it does, I can't hear it over the sound of the exhaust note! :D

#35 ·
RBMH104 said:
Hi

Has anyone got a build date through yet ?? as ordered mine on the 18th May and nothing from the dealer, apart from its in the pool.

https://build.jaguar/12940442
That's odd, the dealer I spoke with said that it could not be ordered through their production system (and customer deliveries were expected around the end of the calendar year) - this was about 3 weeks ago. Could it be that they have taken your spec as an order but are just holding onto it ('in the pool') until the factory can produce any? May be worth having a word with them.

#36 ·
bensales said:
Went to see the I-Pace. A few issues for me. Its lower, which makes the boot space and opening not work for me.

Interior. Wasn't very impressed with the quality of the interior. It's nice but not 80k nice. Demo car probably had a lot of people poking about in it but nevertheless I was more impressed by the F-Pace sat next to it.

However the clincher was when it was explained that the 300 mile range is "halved" when travelling at motorway plus speeds. So my 300 mile weekend round trip I do a lot means it has to be charged at each end.

Given the infrastructure issues, its a non starter. If you went on the chunnel you would have to charge as you got near the train. As there are a limited number of chargers at the services, you may have to wait for a bay. This makes planning impossible.

Basically, its a great car for a 20 mile commute that you can recharge once a week at work or home. For travelling any distance and as a SUV, it falls short.

Add to this that the SVR is around the same price and probably the last hurrah for a V8, for me its a no brainer. SVR all the way.

Its a nice car though, just not for "me", yet.

#37 ·
DarrenA said:
bensales said:
Went to see the I-Pace. A few issues for me. Its lower, which makes the boot space and opening not work for me.

Interior. Wasn't very impressed with the quality of the interior. It's nice but not 80k nice. Demo car probably had a lot of people poking about in it but nevertheless I was more impressed by the F-Pace sat next to it.

However the clincher was when it was explained that the 300 mile range is "halved" when travelling at motorway plus speeds. So my 300 mile weekend round trip I do a lot means it has to be charged at each end.

Given the infrastructure issues, its a non starter. If you went on the chunnel you would have to charge as you got near the train. As there are a limited number of chargers at the services, you may have to wait for a bay. This makes planning impossible.

Basically, its a great car for a 20 mile commute that you can recharge once a week at work or home. For travelling any distance and as a SUV, it falls short.

Add to this that the SVR is around the same price and probably the last hurrah for a V8, for me its a no brainer. SVR all the way.

Its a nice car though, just not for "me", yet.
Nail. Head.

The SVR will hopefully see me through until we pretty much have to buy electric.

#41 ·
craig999 said:
Must admit I'm a fan of corris grey had the RRS in indus and always loved it but not ordering the SVR till next year so my spec will probably change many times .
Just wish the reviews would hurry up looking forward to hear the opinions of the car.
Either colour is good for me but for some reason my lot seem to think that silver is an old mans colour :| so Corris grey it is.

Same as you, I wish JLR would get their skates on and get some demo cars out to dealers and the motoring press. Can't believe they launched it in March.

#45 ·
Steve C said:
craig999 said:
Will be stunning in corris so good choice my sons say im an old man so that might explain my choice 😂
:D

My latest 'dilemma' is whether to get the diamond finish 22" wheels or go gangsta and get the gloss black jobs :)
Only black will do. A muscle car has to look the part. You don't want the Grandad & Grannie version :lol:

#46 ·
craig999 said:
Prefer the diamond cut not a fan of black even though i specced them on current fpace
Craig, any particular reason why you're not keen on the black wheels - or just a personal taste thing?

I wasn't sure how they would look once they've had a bit of and tear.

#47 ·
Smitten said:
Steve C said:
craig999 said:
Will be stunning in corris so good choice my sons say im an old man so that might explain my choice 😂
:D

My latest 'dilemma' is whether to get the diamond finish 22" wheels or go gangsta and get the gloss black jobs :)
Only black will do. A muscle car has to look the part. You don't want the Grandad & Grannie version :lol:
So it's either Gangsta or Grandad? :)

#50 ·
jeffreywoodham said:
Muscle car? Diesel SUV. I don't think so.
We were chatting about the V8 petrol SVR? I normally associate the term with a big petrol V8 saloon or sports car from the USA so that was the link...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.