Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Order to delivery times?

6K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Smitten 
#1 ·
I've picked up a few snippets on the forum about lead times but want to get a better idea of peoples experiences on this. Reason I ask is that by time I get to test drive and negotiate, it may end up being Christmas or New Year before I actually get one, in which case might be worth waiting a few more weeks for the 19 plates.

Assume I spec it right first time. Experiences gratefully received!

[Edit: just realised I posted this in the wrong section :oops: Can the mods move it?]

Steve.

#4 ·
I ordered mine towards the end of August last year and got it at the second week of October the same year. I had a fair amount of extras added so I was very happy with around 6 weeks delivery.

#5 ·
I had a long wait. Ordered mid December 2017 and picked her up 24.4.18 so just under four months removing the Christmas shut down. I made a minor modification to the spec just before lock down and the dealer said this added four weeks.

#6 ·
I ordered immediately prior to Easter this year and was quoted 12 weeks. I collected it 12 weeks to the day, which at their insistence was 31st of month but that was not an issue because they taxed for 12 months and 1 week, so no material impact.

Factors to bear in mind include:-
Modifications to original order specification may result in a revised build date.
Factory holiday shutdown may affect elapsed time.
Finance offers may have an expiry date by which time the car has to be registered.
The dealer contract may also include a condition impacting on the date when the vehicle has to be registered e.g 14 days from date they tell you the vehicle is available for collection.

It's well worth any reasonable wait though :D

#7 ·
Thanks all.

Top tips seem to be:
1. Dont change your spec after placing the order; and
2. Avoid the factory shutdowns if possible

Apart from that, there is just the small matter of not being able to order what I want yet!

#8 ·
I had a similar experience to above. However, I have chosen the 2.0litre 300PS petrol engine which seems to be as rare as hen's teeth in an F-Pace! Maybe not for much longer as the V6 300HP petrol engine is no longer available! Anyway, this plus the summer shutdown at the Solihull assembly plant has led to quite a long lead time. Order was placed on 26th May and confirmed on 1st June with the factory Order Sheet. a copy of this is attached so you can see the other milestones along the way! September 1, being the BIG day! Already had the welcome pack, which was a tad disappointing but received gratefully nevertheless.

Jock

Attachments

#9 ·
Steve C said:
Thanks all.

Top tips seem to be:
1. Dont change your spec after placing the order; and
2. Avoid the factory shutdowns if possible

Apart from that, there is just the small matter of not being able to order what I want yet!
Dealers all have a quota of build slots which they juggle with depending on actual sales and they also have targets. So, there is some smoke and mirrors involved in which slots are allocated and to whom. However even a small change before lock down can result in your build slot being re allocated. In the end it was worth the wait!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.