Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Longest your car has been in the Dealer

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Hydrajaws 
#1 ·
On Thursday it will be 5 weeks since I dropped it Off anyone waited longer?
Still no idea on resolution.

#2 ·
If that's for body creak it will take some time as I believe they have to strip it down and prise apart the panels that are rubbing.

Several Discovery Sports had panel creak going over humps and on inclines, it was a huge bone of contention and resulted in many rejections, as first fix attempts failed. Some of those took 7 weeks

#3 ·
Exactly 5th visit, Boot and Doors been open most of the day now locked up and alarmed.
1st bit of work in nearly a week.

#6 ·
My car spent more time at the dealer then with me and that's why it's gone, felt like a loan car the amount of time I had it, did get to drive every model from the Jaguar range whilst it spent weeks and months at the dealers.

#7 ·
My Daughters Range Rover Velar has just been returned from the dealer after 8 weeks off the road. Balance shaft and bearings had to be replaced after only 7000 miles to cure one of the well known problem with the Ingenium engine which meant removing it from the car. Oil leaks after rebuilding the engine were found to be traced to an assembly problem at the time of manufacture.JLR would not authorise a new engine 8 weeks ago but It seems the policy has now changed regarding stripping engines to address the balance shaft problem so if the problem with the Velar returns hopefully a new engine would be fitted.Quality is definitely not a strong point on JLR products at the momemt so how much longer can they continue without seriously addressing this serious issue. The dealer is now trying to get some compensation from JLR for unnecessary problems they have had to deal with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.