Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Dealers

4K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Vulcan 
#1 ·
So far my 3.0D has been spot on and trouble free, the dealer was very good at the sales efficiency but I reserved my judgment until service was needed.
Last week first service was due ( 1 yr at 9000ml) so I phoned to book, " certainly sir what time would you like", today Tuesday suited me best and it all happened, no hitches, no dodgy extras, exactly as the service contract specifies.

There are good dealers after all.

#2 ·
Agree there is a lot of good out there !

#4 ·
Mine went in today on its service plan, the service was outstanding, from the coffee offer immediately entering the dealership to the complementary XF Sport to take back home for the day, to the video check sent to me as they were checking it over, to the text to pick pick up. And, when I queried about my service plan and the MOT support they rang Jag to confirm I was covered whilst I was leaving.

Great service from mine, long may it continue 👍🤞👍

#5 ·
And, they changed then washers under warranty and I forgot to mention, they even painted the tyres, after the valet, looked immaculate when I picked up.

#6 ·
It is always great to hear of a good dealer. Unfortunately this appears to surprise when the dealer delivers what they should do - i.e. do their job.

I have not got to the service time yet, however I have already had two causes to complain about the interface with them and I am thinking about going to another Jag garage at service time - that wee voice in my head is telling me not to give them a third chance.

We should not be surprised when they do their job, we pay them well for it.

#7 ·
Gato Grande said:
Mine went in today on its service plan, the service was outstanding, from the coffee offer immediately entering the dealership to the complementary XF Sport to take back home for the day, to the video check sent to me as they were checking it over, to the text to pick pick up. And, when I queried about my service plan and the MOT support they rang Jag to confirm I was covered whilst I was leaving.

Great service from mine, long may it continue 👍🤞👍
In recent years after a service, the Jaguar dealer has always rung me to check all went well and prepared me for a survey from Jaguar on my experience, seeking a rating of 'Outstanding'; nothing else would do. Whilst I have not had any issues, aside from one year taking the car for a 100 mile round trip to test stop/start, there was nothing outstanding about it; it was just competent.

Last year they upped there game a little, in that the front of house service assistant clearly took ownership of some points that I raised and kept me briefed on actions and resolution. So, for the first time I gave them 'Outstanding'.

I have now bought from a different dealership and when service time comes around will be debating whether to stick with old dealer for service, where I have got to know the Service Manager, or go to the supplying dealer. As I can also see Osborne House from the bottom of the road, I would be interested to know which dealership that you used Gato Grande please.

#8 ·
My dealer has been brilliant even though we're going through a rejection/exchange process due to the dreaded driveline vibration. I met the team at my dealers and we reached an amicable and mutually agreeable proposal to get me into an alternative car, with Jags assistance needed regarding the financial side for the dealer (there is an internal process in place for that).
But even though the car has been in twice and the dealer agrees the vibration is there, no need for a DEKRA report for example, Jag CRC just put obstacles in the way and want the car in for a third time as 'correct procedures weren't followed' regarding TA's and EPQR's, whatever they are. Don't they trust the dealers?
I even wrote to Ralf Speth asking him to intervene and break the impasse. That was over a week ago and I haven't even received an acknowledgment of my letter. Maybe times have changed since I was in a customer focused business but I find that symptomatic of Jaguars whole approach to 'Customer Service' at corporate level, as reported many times on this forum. They seem to have an institutionally negative approach to resolving customer issues. The manufacturing and profit side of the business comes first and the customer's secondary.
Come on Jaguar, where are you with the 'exceptional and industry leading' approach that most businesses aspire to? You could learn a lot from the many brilliant customer focused dealers out there just like mine.
I'd like to stay with the F Pace, my dealer would like me to stay, but if corporate Jaguar continues to make it difficult I'll be heading off to Mercedes or Audi!

#9 ·
This happens in many businesses when the bean counters are in charge

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.