F-Pace Quality issues already.....

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
YVR_Pacer

Re: F-Pace Quality issues already.....

Post by YVR_Pacer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 8:57 pm

luminated wrote:^When you have a rough reference point to work from like Honda does it's a lot easier to gauge the potential market but this is completely new territory to Jag. I remember when I bought the very first Cayenne, originally my order was with air suspension but Porsche witheld that on the first S model at the start so I either had to like it or lump it the dealer didn't mind either way as he had plenty willing to take my place.

Point being like the F-Pace the Cayenne was new business to Porsche and very much a learning curve as the start. For those of us who have experience of such things it's annoying but you live with it but if you can't you can step aside because there's loads willing to fill your spot and your dealer know it.
+1

The Gman

Post by The Gman » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:38 pm

I am with Nick this is shoddy, lots of orders far more so than for any new model they have had before and I suspect they are prioritising the US market for the petrol engine as a conquest market and halo effect for the brand, if that is the case at least have the balls to be honest about petrol deliveries for the UK.

I can see from the chasing I have done with my dealer it will be September, so a year after I placed a deposit, frankly that's not good enough.

However from a commercial perspective I understand the US petrol S market is a 100 x's plus that of the U.K., crack the US for F-Pace and Jaguar have the volume they need to sustain R&D and finance the growth of the brand with new products so it makes commercials sense it just makes me feel like a consumer rather than a customer of a premier brand, it's a shame i had bought into the Jaguar ethos and Britishness of the brand, I now feel like a supermarket shopper, I am buying a great product but the company really don't care about me, I am a statistic not a valued customer and more fool me for thinking I was.....

Such a shame I have hankered after a jag since I was a 10 year old in 1969..... I atill do I just feel faintly soiled by the way I am being treated.,....
7k miles in an SC rejected, replaced with 3D S on 3rd March, currently same issues on new as old :cry: also now rejected at 1100 miles, deposit on an iPace :o :shock: :roll:

YVR_Pacer

Post by YVR_Pacer » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:56 pm

Gents, our north american deliveries of the S petrol engines have been delayed too. Any order not already scheduled with a build date for the S petrol engine has been pushed out to Sept/Oct. In NA, if you haven't already got your S being built, you can't until the fall now. Jag has cited (in this forum), a supply line issue to do with the S petrol engines. It is impacting builds world wide. This isn't just a matter of all petrols Ss being diverted to North America first.

Nick

Post by Nick » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:15 pm

Lack of communication from Jaguar is beginning to fuel misinformation and hearsay on forums like this, around the world.

Ryan, have a word!

Boxbrownie

Post by Boxbrownie » Fri Apr 15, 2016 9:35 am

Well I guess you order the car and then your on the waiting list, clues in the name... ;)
Best regards David

If anything in my post offends you please let me know, I may wish to offend you again.

bluediamond013

Post by bluediamond013 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:09 pm

I read on a Facebook page the other day that they are having issues with oil leaks. I have no idea which engine the Jlr employee was referring to but at that time he said he had 280 cars lined up waiting to be fixed :?

Shaunyt

Post by Shaunyt » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:24 pm

bluediamond013 wrote:I read on a Facebook page the other day that they are having issues with oil leaks. I have no idea which engine the Jlr employee was referring to but at that time he said he had 280 cars lined up waiting to be fixed :?

I would doubt its the 2l D as there are already thousands in circulation in several types of vehicle already, saying that it could be something to do with gear box and or 4WD transfer box.

bluediamond013

Post by bluediamond013 » Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:12 pm

Yea I was thinking perhaps it could be the petrol engines but I didn't want to add (possibly unnecessary) doom and gloom to the folks waiting on those :(

Paoadoc

Post by Paoadoc » Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:01 am

So this is where the manic depressives hang out . :D
I've been to the dealer to sort out the paper work for my first edition today and looked at my Un prepped car , I could find no issues with it, looked at the r sport in the showroom and no issues with that either .

YVR_Pacer

Post by YVR_Pacer » Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:47 pm

Paoadoc wrote:So this is where the manic depressives hang out . :D
I've been to the dealer to sort out the paper work for my first edition today and looked at my Un prepped car , I could find no issues with it, looked at the r sport in the showroom and no issues with that either .
+1