Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Insurance for F-Pace

4K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Bluefire65 
#1 ·
When I purchased my 3Ltr Diesel S last year I renewed my insurance policy with Direct Line as they were the cheapest at £173.80 I thought it was a mistake or a promotion gesture to keep my custom but it went through.
This year the renewal came in at £188.16. Again they beat the comparison sites by at least £100. Best Confused was £409.79
I added protected no-claim and increased annual mileage from 10k to 12k as we are using the F-Pace more making excuses to take it for a great drive. Which increased it to £218.40.
This is for annual payment, full compressive, full no claim with protection no claim 10 years, zero non compulsory excess, 12,000 miles, 4 Named drivers 42-70 years old with clean licences. Scotland rural area KY16.
Is this due to the standard fitted Thatcham CAT 6 theft system. ? or have Direct Line given the F-Pace a good insurance Code.
I am not a insurance salesman, just want to pass on information that these compare Webb sites are not the best out there.

#2 ·
When I had my Fpace's I was always insured and still are with direct line with our current non JLR car and have found them to offer the best rates for all the past and current vehicles I drive.

Not sure they offer a good rate for the Fpace, just good rates in my eyes for all vehicles.

#3 ·
A very good price and whilst it doesn't explain the significant variance with Confused.com, your location will have a significant impact on price. I doubt you would get close to the same price if you lived in Glasgow or Edinburgh.

These days it is also often cheaper to have a spouse on cover. My wife never drives my car but when I asked for a quote without her, the premium went up.

#4 ·
Good timing!

I've just had renewal notice through (FPace 2.0 AWD RSport) @ £409 with LV (was Nationwide until they transferred the business) with full (protected) NCB, 8000 miles, parked on drive, Berkshire.

Was reasonably happy - now resolved to investigate further!

#5 ·
Can't match £218 but I got my £410 down to £293 - with the same company I was already with (LV) via GoCompare.

Result - that'ss pay for a few curries:)

#6 ·
One thing to check with any insurance you get includes the cover for the glass roof.
I know LV used to cover it under glass , but as they are so expensive to replace many insurance companies are not covering it under glass. So it results in a full claim using your excess.

Several folks caught out on this on the DS forum.

#7 ·
Thanks for the tip, J16, I'm sure somebody will find it useful.

For me, as a bald oldie, I chose no sunroof to stop getting the top of my head burnt :lol

#8 ·
golferpete said:
Thanks for the tip, J16, I'm sure somebody will find it useful.

For me, as a bald oldie, I chose no sunroof to stop getting the top of my head burnt :lol
Likewise :lol:

#10 ·
Finally reached the stage of arranging cover on the F-Pace and somewhat surprised to find that NFU wanted £150 pa more than for the XE (£200 more if I didn't have the wife as a named driver). So back to LV for £320 with Legal Expenses and NCD protection, albeit only one year of new car replacement, which probably means buying GAP cover. At least LV extend cover to loan cars when the insured vehicle is being serviced or repaired, avoiding the need to pay the extortionate excess waiver fee charged by dealers.

Interesting that LV ask if the Vehicle has AEB, Reversing Camera or Dash Cam but not if it has Keyless entry, which suggests latter is not yet a major loss factor, despite all the press scaremongering.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.