Forged signature on sales order form

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
jukesy01

Forged signature on sales order form

Post by jukesy01 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:03 pm

Hi All

Looking for a bit advice here, I’m looking to reject my car but that has been rejected as they are saying I signed the order form, the only issue I have with that is that I didn’t actually sign it and it was forged by the sales rep (distance sale)

What are my rights here? I’m assuming a forged signature is illegal?

XERoy

Re: Forged signature on sales order form

Post by XERoy » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:41 pm

Why do you want to reject it? If its fault, than you can reject it. Under the distance selling laws you also have a right of rejection which is more than if you bought it face to face. I'm not sure what those rights are, only that they exist.
2.0d R Sport 4WD, Ultimate Black, 22inch Turbines, Jet interior with oyster stitching, Privacy glass, Black pack, ear to ear grin :D

June16

Post by June16 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:51 pm

Rejection under the Consumer Rights Act , plus distance selling is covered here, with links to guidance for both.
https://www.thecarexpert.co.uk/bought-a ... d-my-mind/
Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, bliss, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc
MY17 DS HSE 180 quarterly oil change :oops:
My16.5 DS b pillar tick - rejected :oops:
My16 DS Tracker Cut main loom = rejected :oops:

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:51 pm

How long have you had the car and what’s the issues your claiming for rejection.

Regardless if you signed a form or not for the first 30 days you can reject the vehicle without any trouble, after this date and upto 6 months you have to have given them a chance to rectify your issue and then if the issue is still outstanding you can reject the car.

After 6 months you can not reject the car.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Bob a

Post by Bob a » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:37 am

"Distance sale", was it signed by your authority?

June16

Post by June16 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:14 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:51 pm
How long have you had the car and what’s the issues your claiming for rejection.

Regardless if you signed a form or not for the first 30 days you can reject the vehicle without any trouble, after this date and upto 6 months you have to have given them a chance to rectify your issue and then if the issue is still outstanding you can reject the car.

After 6 months you can not reject the car.
Up to 30 days you can reject without deduction

Repair or Replace:
30 days to 6 months , the fault is assumed to have existed in production, you have to give the trader one chance to repair/replace, if this fails you can reject - a reasonable deduction can be made for useage.

After 6 months and up to 6 years (5 in Scotland) the onus is on you to prove the fault existed in production, you have to give the trader one chance to repair/replace, if this fails you can reject - a reasonable amount can be deducted for useage.

6 years Is contained in the Limitations Act.

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... rights-act

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/201 ... ts/enacted
Rsport 25t BRG , Ebony - Oyster, 18 way mem, Surround Cam, bliss, ICTP, LED adaptive....etc
MY17 DS HSE 180 quarterly oil change :oops:
My16.5 DS b pillar tick - rejected :oops:
My16 DS Tracker Cut main loom = rejected :oops:

jukesy01

Post by jukesy01 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am

I read online that if a signature has been forged then it renders the contract void?

And of course potentially a police matter and forging is illegal?

corriescar66

Post by corriescar66 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:11 am

jukesy01 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am
I read online that if a signature has been forged then it renders the contract void?

Why did they forge it in the first place? Why wasn't the order/contract posted to you for you to sign & return?

Did you give them via email or letter, authorisation to sign on your behalf? Did you provide anything in writing that you agreed the order was correct?

If you were unaware that this document had been signed, then it is up to them to prove that you received it, otherwise it at best makes it non-valid

I presume you are rejecting as something isn't what you thought you ordered? Are you out of the 30 day period then? Have you tried Jag CS?
Nov 2016: 3.0 S V6 Supercharged Petrol/Italiana da Corsa Rossa / Jet-Taurus/ 22" Helix etc....

Deltasierra

Post by Deltasierra » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:56 pm

jukesy01 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:30 am

It would be helpful if to say what the problem is and how long you have had the car, Jaguar seem to be playing hardball with any quality issues
FPace 3.0D Portfolio Loire Blue, light interior, tow bar. No issues a very good car
Gone F Pace Prestige 2 liter Auto, tow bar, reversing camera, 14 way seats, 18 inch all season tyres
XKR Convertible

jukesy01

Post by jukesy01 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:48 am

I’ve had an ongoing issue since I first had the car in August with an open complaint since then, customer service has been shocking taking weeks or months to get any kind of reply from them.

I was provided with a pdf of what I what I thought I was buying (latest model) and I actually received the older model even though I provided evidence of what the sales rep had told me they weren’t willing to accept my rejection as I had signed the order form, so they sent a copy of that and it turns out I never signed it in the first place as it was forged by the dealership (looks nothing like my signature and the date it was signed I was working in another part of the country which my work will testify too)

If just astounded they would do such a thing, ceo’s Office say it’s a matter for the dealership as it’s the sales process but it can’t be good for JLR for people to carry out this practice.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”