Review Collection

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Jim

Re: Autobahn V6

Post by Jim » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:34 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Jim wrote:
During his test of the acceleration on the autobahn in dynamic mode I noticed he had forgotten to select S and had left it in D!
Doesn't matter. If you floor it in D it will still go to the red line before changing up.
I find with my 2.0D that there is a difference between dynamic+D and dynamic+S, in that the car feels far more lively in the latter and definitely picks up speed much quicker. Maybe with the 3.0D or petrol the difference is not so great.
Ex 2016, MY17 - 2.0 D, Portfolio - Dec 2018 RR Velar D300 HSE R-Dynamic

JLRnumber5

Re: Autobahn V6

Post by JLRnumber5 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:56 pm

Jim wrote:
JLRnumber5 wrote:
Jim wrote:
During his test of the acceleration on the autobahn in dynamic mode I noticed he had forgotten to select S and had left it in D!
Doesn't matter. If you floor it in D it will still go to the red line before changing up.
I find with my 2.0D that there is a difference between dynamic+D and dynamic+S, in that the car feels far more lively in the latter and definitely picks up speed much quicker. Maybe with the 3.0D or petrol the difference is not so great.
Hmm ok interesting. Had a 2.0 petrol Evoque for four years and there was no difference in the 0-60 at full throttle whether in D or S. What does make the biggest difference is people seem not to realise the gearbox always starts in second gear.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Mbadger77

Re: Review Collection

Post by Mbadger77 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:43 pm

I've got a free subscription to Car magazine and last couple had lots of Jag stuff.

Done a review / comparison between F-PACE , Levante and X5 (all 3.0 Diesels)
Fpace best looking and most sporty but lacks in interior where the Maserati has good sporting credentials and has a much more luxurious feel though you have to pay quite a bit more for the Luxury Pack. Smallest boot on the Maserati as well.

Maserati wins, F Pace second , BMW last.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:03 pm

Same test of diesel V6 between Levante and F-pace in Top Gear this month - Jaguar wins :)

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:52 pm

Owned : 3.0d Sport (2016) - Owned 1 Year! 7000 miles : Issues = None - Stolen! Get a Steering Wheel Lock!

Arianne

Post by Arianne » Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:12 pm

Coming thick and fast over the last few days! Here's a review on BMW Blog, I enjoyed both the verdict and the comments from the BMW readers ;)

http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/12/26/video ... /#comments

And another, positive read and lovely images if you are considering a white F-pace. Reviewer thinks that it's neck & neck with the Macan - glad I found one review that said that! One for the collection then. In fairness, I also think the Macan is better as an out & out handling car but, as a package, the F-pace wins for me. For example, it was hard enough squeezing all of our holiday junk in the Volvo XC60 this winter - it would be nigh on impossible in the Macan. Thankfully the F-pace means we can pack even more stuff next year!

http://www.motor1.com/reviews/131976/20 ... crossover/

Arianne
Rejected but still affectionately remembered: F-Pace 3.0d V6 S, IRR, 18 way jet/red sports seats + full memory, privacy glass, 22" silver/black double helix, cold climate pack!

Kojak

Post by Kojak » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:50 pm

Good find Arianne
ON THE DRIVE :D 3.0 diesel S, BRG, ICTP, 20 inch black venom's, LED headlights, jet taurus sport seats, black pack, AdSR, Cold Climate Pack, lots more bells and whistles

YORKIE

Post by YORKIE » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:49 pm

Arianne wrote:Coming thick and fast over the last few days! Here's a review on BMW Blog, I enjoyed both the verdict and the comments from the BMW readers ;)

http://www.bmwblog.com/2016/12/26/video ... /#comments

And another, positive read and lovely images if you are considering a white F-pace. Reviewer thinks that it's neck & neck with the Macan - glad I found one review that said that! One for the collection then. In fairness, I also think the Macan is better as an out & out handling car but, as a package, the F-pace wins for me. For example, it was hard enough squeezing all of our holiday junk in the Volvo XC60 this winter - it would be nigh on impossible in the Macan. Thankfully the F-pace means we can pack even more stuff next year!

http://www.motor1.com/reviews/131976/20 ... crossover/

Arianne
Is there any way I can delete your final sentence, my missus likes to read this blog occasionally. :D
2.0 D AWD PORTFOLIO-AUTO-BRG/OYSTER. 10 way front memory seats, electric steering column, privacy glass, car cover, skinny spare, deployable steps, 5 fan wheels, 5 year service plan, cup holders cover.

"honi soit qui mal y pense" :geek:

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:06 pm

Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Waynem

Post by Waynem » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:37 pm

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”