Review Collection

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
corriescar66

Re: Review Collection

Post by corriescar66 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:48 pm

JLRnumber5 wrote:Interesting comments on ICTP ....

http://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/6630/t ... rustration
An interesting one... Don't agree about the lack of visual wow factor... The only current SUV that looks as good is the Mk2 RRS, and the best looking will always be the RRS Mk1..

The ICTP points are valid, but mine mainly boots up straight away, only occasionally complaining about being woken up from it's slumber.. The ICT standard system Nav is just as slow, but so was the previous post 2012 system.. Lack of voice control on Pro is pathetic, but presumably with internet search option gives too many variables for the processor (does the ICT system have this function?) The shortcut buttons along the bottom of screen help, but screen is very sensitive to off target fingers... It would still be my choice though if I spec'd another one...

The Levante looks ok, but couldn't live with the oversized front grill/fish mouth and the weird dash with the hole in the middle

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:04 am

JLRnumber5 wrote:Interesting comments on ICTP ....

http://www.thedrive.com/new-cars/6630/t ... rustration
Also i find it interesting he likes the sound system, i guess if you have not been inside the Evoque you perhaps know no better.

ITCP as he called it Clunky may open some others eyes and maybe Jaguar as this sort of review hurts sales and perhaps speeds up there interest in getting it silky smooth like we all hope it will be.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:55 am

^ my biggest bugbear on these wintry mornings is the heated seat control. Why oh why oh why make it via the ICTP? It's just plain stupid. There's even an analogue button for it down near the fan control, but all that does is bring the screen up on the ICTP .. eventually!

So the remote start is brilliant. 5 mins and the car has started to warm up, but the seats are still icy cold. Jump in and press the brake pedal .. ICTP "springs" to life .. then jab away for 10 seconds waiting for it to wake up and respond to your command. Really badly thought out.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:02 am

While I agree the heater seats could have been a button my ITCP took a few seconds to open and get the seats on. Also could be added to the remote start options.

I think part of your frustration is the ICTP problems you are having. Let's hope the replacement works quicker ;-)
Owned : 3.0d Sport (2016) - Owned 1 Year! 7000 miles : Issues = None - Stolen! Get a Steering Wheel Lock!

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:16 am

Gdank wrote:Also could be added to the remote start options.
That would be very good, maybe it's coming.
Gdank wrote:I think part of your frustration is the ICTP problems you are having. Let's hope the replacement works quicker ;-)
Hope so ... 10 seconds is a long time when you have a chilly rear end!

It still ends up being 4 key presses to get one bar of seat heating, compared to the old single press in previous JLR product. Progress (or lack of) just for the sake of it.

Also, who decided to put the seat heater as a mandatory icon on the main screen? There's a analogue button 2 inches lower! Really does show a lack of joined up thinking.

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:35 am

4? One press for screen, one for seats, and one for On. Mine defaults to max 3 hot.
Owned : 3.0d Sport (2016) - Owned 1 Year! 7000 miles : Issues = None - Stolen! Get a Steering Wheel Lock!

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:39 am

JLRnumber5 wrote:Also, who decided to put the seat heater as a mandatory icon on the main screen? There's a analogue button 2 inches lower! Really does show a lack of joined up thinking.
I think a lot of car companies are moving a lot of controls to the centre entertainment screen to declutter the overal cabin. My Kia had 67 buttons to press from the drivers position.

In time they will learn which ones people really want fast access to and which ones can be put into a CPU controlled system.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:13 am

Gdank wrote:4? One press for screen, one for seats, and one for On. Mine defaults to max 3 hot.
Exactly .. then two more presses to get 1 bar .... you could fry an egg on 3 bar!!!

Just a small niggle ... I really like the cabin layout and ICTP but there's room for improvement.

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:34 am

Nah ... 3 or off! :mrgreen:

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:49 am

Gdank wrote:Nah ... 3 or off! :mrgreen:
Bet you have griddle marks on yer arse!

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”