Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

Heated seats

7K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  mik 
#1 ·
Evening everyone. Just out of curiosity how long does it take for people's front heated seats to get hot and how hot do they get? The reason I ask is mine take quite a while to get hot or should i say warm compared to the ones in my wife's basic Ford Focus and they dont seem to get anywhere near as hot as the ones I had in my previous Evoques.

#3 ·
In my Kia Sorento they were almost within 30sec's I'd have to turn them down from 3 to 1 ... in the Jag about 3 mins as Phil said above.

It's probably the difference between leather and cloth - you don't want to turn the heat up that fast on Leather I'd guess ...as my sofa doesn't like the radiator next to it :?

#5 ·
It does take a wee while to heat up and, in my opinion, they are not as good as the ones I had in my Hyundai IX35

#6 ·
Couple of mins and can leave on 2 maybe turning down to 1 after awhile.
Plenty hot enough.

#7 ·
Mbadger77 said:
Couple of mins and can leave on 2 maybe turning down to 1 after awhile.
Plenty hot enough.
+1

#8 ·
I have the heated and cooled seats, along with perforated Windsor leather seat facings. I had a similar spec in my previous Range Rover, where I know the heating/cooling function was via peltier fans and heating/cooling units in the seat base. They took about 2 mins to get to temperature, but with remote pre heat, its no hardship. I'm guessing the Jag has a similar set up; I certainly haven't found them slow to heat up.

#9 ·
a couple of mins on 3 then turn down to 2 or start at 2 and takes 3- 4 mins and leave at 2

#11 ·
Seats in my wifes F-Pace take a couple of minutes to heat. I cant bear anything above 1, but wife and kids like higher settings.

My own car only has on/off for the seats and i would say they dont get hotter than 1 on the f-pace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.