Crash test

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
redonebe

Crash test

Post by redonebe » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:03 pm

IMG_2523.png

IMG_2524.jpg

Did my own NCAP test today :( :( :(
2.0D Prestige, Ultimate Black, Jet, Intouch Pro , privacy, 18" Lightweight 15, cup holder cover....,

JLRnumber5

Re: Crash test

Post by JLRnumber5 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:10 am

Whilst it's very sad to see your FP with a few scrapes it's great to see how well it did. Unlike the Seat! Hope there were no injuries.
Two rejected FP 3.0 V6 Diesel S. Still a massive JLR fan but driving an Audi until Jaguar gets its act together.

catwoman

Post by catwoman » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:47 am

Yes, as #5 said, very sad to see this happen to you redonebe, hope you're all okay and it gets sorted . . . but the difference in the scale of damage between the old and the new is, frankly, quite astonishing!

It's such a shame that people often don't allow enough space between themselves and the car in front to avoid stuff like this . . and in dry, clear, good visibility conditions, it just shouldn't happen :(
8-) . . 2.0d R-Sport, AWD, Ammonite + Blk Pk, Jet/Red

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:54 am

Sorry to hear of your accident but its great to see the rear of the Fpace with little damage compared to the person behind, next time perhaps they will judge the distances better.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

craig999

Post by craig999 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:35 am

sorry to see you have had an accident but hope your ok with no injuries and car gets sorted quickly

redonebe

Post by redonebe » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:04 pm

No personal injuries only a little shaken. I had to brake very hard while going at 120 km/h because everybody in front of me was braking and the FP stopped perfectly. I think the guy who hit me was distracted, he was not that close to me.

When i stepped out of the car and saw the other car i was afraid for the damage to the FP. I was really surprised when i discovered the result. Gives me a bit more confidence in the car. Within a few weeks it will be repaired and as good as new.

The only inconvenience was one of the sensors was loose and gave an alarm constantly. With a piece of duct tape this was solved in a minute :D :D :D .
2.0D Prestige, Ultimate Black, Jet, Intouch Pro , privacy, 18" Lightweight 15, cup holder cover....,

Jim

Post by Jim » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:36 pm

redonebe wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:04 pm
The only inconvenience was one of the sensors was loose and gave an alarm constantly. With a piece of duct tape this was solved in a minute :D :D :D .

You may want to patent the use of the tape before JLR start fitting it as standaed :lol: :D
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:55 am

I’d almost say how is that possible. Barely a mark but I can see the rear bumper has been dislodged a bit so new bit needed there more than likely but that’s a fantastic result if ever it can be described as that. Good to see and everyone is ok so that’s great also.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”