Final specs check

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
snowman123

Final specs check

Post by snowman123 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:01 am

Hey guys,
I made a couple of posts on AD and the wheels... now I think my selecrtion is nearing its completion, so I'll share my full spec list. Weekend to have a final "family meeting" and then we palce an order. Any comments, still much appreciated. I know ultimately its my (and my wife's) choice, but having never owned a Jag, experience from other owners is very helpful. Here goes:

Jaguar F-Pace R-Sport 20d 132kW
Colour: Carpathian Grey
20"'Blade Grey/Diamond (would have gone for 22", but need snow tires in the winter where I live)
LED lights
ACC with 'Queue Assit'
Adaptive Dynamics with AdSR (thought long and hard about this, but I think I'd not feel the car can give its full driving potential without it)
Black leather Taurus Jet
ICTP Meridian 380W
Black pack & black roof rails
El. external rear view mirrors
El. back door opening
Front and rear parking sensors
Blind spot monitoring
360 Cameras
Privacy glass
10 way front Seats
manual tow bar
remote rear-seat leaver

Still not sure (cost/value):
- el. rear view mirror (w. automatic shading)
- premium quality floor mats
- mood ambient lighting (love blue ambient lights that come standard; not sure I'd like other colours, but idea of having a bit more touch in the cabin is appealing... not happy that you cannot revert to blue in Dynamic mode though)

Would be fun to have, but needed to cut costs:
- HUD: really torn here, but do not think it adds as much value... technical curiosity, but all the same info is displayed also on panels
- 825W Meridian: would love to have it, but beyond my budget
- Activity Key

JAGFlubster

Re: Final specs check

Post by JAGFlubster » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 am

If other people will drive the car you may want to consider memory seats.

I love the HUD, but can see that it is a bit of an expensive luxury

Flub!
3.0D 2018 S. Loire Blue, opening Pano roof, ictp, Adsr, space saver wheel, practicality pack, cold climate pack, HUD

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:08 am

Great spec actually. Of course we all have our preferences.

I really regretted not getting the 18 way seats or whatever config they are now. I've now found a comfortable enough position but first 6 months I struggled a bit and not having even one memory setting is a bit poor.

Blind side is crucial and good value. ACC I'd never really go for as not some thing I would want to use. I'm quite happy with cruise and just slowing etc. I don't need the car flying off when the road ahead clears. I do that myself nicely enough :)

The 360 is probably a nice thing to have. A few times I'd like to know exactly where the front wheels are when coming off a kerb / slope. The rear camera is essential.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

Jim

Post by Jim » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:03 pm

I would second (or third, etc.) the memory seats and electrically adjust stearing wheel as they are included into the memory recall for different drivers.

I also like the auto dimming rear and side mirrors.

You have gone for the 360 degree cameras, if you wish to save money in one area to spend it elsewhere then you may want to consider swapping the 360 cameras for the more useful (in my opinion) 360 deg parking aid. I have just had an XJ loan car that had 360 camera (which also has the 360 parking aid) and found the parking aid was more use than the cameras in judging getting in and out of parking spaces and through narrow gaps.

Have you also tried building the same spec on to both Portfolio and R Sport base models, for me the Portfolio gave me what I wanted at a lower price as some of what I wanted was standard and it would appear cheaper than adding it to the R Sport.
Oct 2016 - 2.0 D, Portfolio, Auto, AWD, Ultimate Black, Light Oyster, 14-Way Front Seats with Passenger and Drivers memory pack, electrically adjustable steering wheel, 360⁰ parking aid, ICTP 380W, LED headlights, remote rear seat release.

mike72uk

Post by mike72uk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:19 pm

Nice spec Frosty !

Similar to mine:
25t R-Sport AWD
Corris Grey (the Carpathian is lovely but I couldn't bring myself to justify an extra £1K on paint - which now seems like a bargain at the price looking at some of the paint options on the new RRS - £6.5K :-0 )
Black Pack
20" Venoms (5 split-spoke 'Style 5031' with Grey Diamond Turned finish)
Privacy glass
Adaptive LED Headlights with Signature Daytime Running Lights
Panoramic roof with Gloss Black roof rails
Ebony Grained leather with Light Oyster stitch
Memory Pack for 18-way Sport seats (driver seat memory)
14- way electric driver and passenger seats with driver memory
4-Way Electric Lumbar Adjust
Power Fold, Auto-Dimming Heated door mirrors with Memory and Approach Lights [auto-dip on reverse]
Navigation Pro with Meridian™ Sound System (380W)
Cold Climate Pack:
Heated front windscreen and washer jets
Heated front and rear seats
Heated steering wheel
Configurable Dynamics
Adaptive Cruise Control with Queue Assist and Intelligent Emergency Braking
Rear seat remote release levers
Surround Camera System
Blind Spot Monitor and Reverse Traffic Detection
Keyless Entry
Detachable tow bar (Manual)
ON ORDER:
25t R-Sport AWD Auto (Corris + Ebony/Lt Oyster Stitch)
20" Venom's; Black Pack; 18-way Mem Sport Seat pack; ICTP; Cold Climate pack; Adaptive LED's; Privacy; Adaptive Cruise; Tow Bar; Surround Cam; Blind Spot, Keyless; Config Dynamics;

DarrenA

Post by DarrenA » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:36 pm

Lumbar support is a must imho (unless it comes as part of the 10 way seats?)
F-Pace 2.0 (240PS) R-Sport in Black. Heated Windscreen, folding mirrors, Lumbar, Opening Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Rear View Camera

Mbadger77

Post by Mbadger77 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:07 pm

DarrenA wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:36 pm
Lumbar support is a must imho (unless it comes as part of the 10 way seats?)
Yes I added lumbar support for about £240 to the 10 ways but I still regret not getting the better memory seats,
I’d look to drop ACC and cameras but that’s just my preference and not my car or money :)
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot

AndyS

Post by AndyS » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:51 am

I always thought HUD was a gimmicky extravagance, but it came as standard on my spec..... Now I feel like I could not do without it, to the point that when configuring any replacement car options for either the FPace or Mrs S SLK, it's one of the first things I tick.

All comes down to personal preference and how deep the pockets are!
FP11 JAG - 3.0 D First Edition - Ultimate Black

Supermackem

Post by Supermackem » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:03 am

Snowman,

You don't mention the key-less entry anywhere.

Don't make the mistake of thinking this is standard as it isn't. Like the rest of your spec though, very nice
Each to there own but I'm not a fan of HUD, if you don't get it you'll never miss it, however I am a fan of the ambient lighting.

I wouldn't bother with the Premium carpets either. The standard ones are a very good quality anyway.
2.0D 2018 R-Sport. Fuji White, Pano roof, 10 way Electric seats, 19" 5 spoke Black Wheels, Black Pack, Config Int mood Lighting, Auto dim Mirrors, Heated Steering Wheel, Meridian 380 watt, Rear seat recline, Privacy Glass, 2nd row remote release.

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:06 am

3.0d Sport, Glacier White, ICTP, HUD, plus more.

Owned 10 month, 8000 miles : Issues - None.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”