Jaguar F-Pace Forum banner

ICTP update / Adaptive dynamics fault

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  luminated 
#1 ·
Hi all
Just a had some info from the engineer at my local Jag dealer that an ICTP update will be rolled out at the end of the month. Sadly my initial positive experience (25D Portfolio bought in April) has been pretty tarnished by regular technical faults the most frustrating of which is that the adaptive dynamics keeps on (probably 1-2 x weekly) becoming 'unavailable' or worse still will change from dynamic back to normal as it becomes 'unavailable' whilst going along in dynamic; this doesn't (or hasn't yet) immediately impacted the drive but I am sure there are situations when this could become an issue. Has already been to dealers once for this, stayed in for a week but did not show fault whilst there. Then car got bashed by another driver's door caught by wind in Calais and after two whole weeks in body shop in Marshall's in Cambridge came back with the veneer of the central console scratched where someone had rubbed it with a gritty cloth. ICTP takes an age to boot up, to an extent that the times you want to use the satnav its unavailable, CD player doesn't work saying all discs are dirty. Just trying to get solution to these when I got a nice letter about the fuel-pipe return. In 13 weeks I've had more issues than with any other car which is a shame because mechanically and to drive I love it but the options that I have shelled out for are dismal in their reliability and quality and I get the distinct impression that these software issues have simply not been trialled and tested properly prior to launch.

Has anyone had similar adaptive dynamics problems and if so was a solution found? The dealership are going to have the car back in to inspect but I suspect the enthusiasm with which this is pursued will depend on whether a fault occurs whilst with them. I feel pretty badly let down and more so that as a pretty reserved and calm person I am forced increasingly to have to get truculent just to get these problems taken seriously, which I really hate doing as its really against my general mindset, but its not good enough on a brand-new 53K car and I resent spending very hard-earned cash on options that don't work as advertised (or at all). I would be mortified if I or my staff had quality issues of this nature and I would take it as a matter of personal pride that I would solve the problem should one occur. I don't have any such faith in Jaguar at the moment.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi BigHammer. It's a massive disappointment isn't it? My route to F Pace ownership took 2 years from seeing the concept design to final delivery. Never has so much excitement been met with so much disappointment. I had endless issues with ICTP and Adaptive Dynamics that went unresolved despite many trips at the dealer that lasted weeks at a time.

The promise of a major ICTP update (v3) has been hanging in the air for 9 months or more. Who knows when it will see the light of day and whether it will fix the issues. I owned 2 cars and had a further 2 as loan cars. All 4 had the CD player issue. Over a period of almost 10 months. And we are supposed to buy their I Pace?

There's hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel. There's reports that the AD faults might be fixed.

I wish you all the best.

#3 ·
Sorry to hear your issues but my car is going to the dealer this Wednesday to have the following issues fixed, I hope.

ITCP live no longer works.
Adaptive fault now occurs on start up and have to wait before I can select Dynamic.
Start stop now says fault unless I wait 5 minutes for the ITCP to fully start up.

Will let you know but now got to the point where I think two cars and two lots of issues, not the same issues I might add has lead to me to think it's time to move on.

Been driving a Jeep Grand Cherokee for the last 2 weeks while away on business and I must say what a pleasure it is to drive a fault less car, does everything it claims, shame the only decent engine version in the UK is the SRT version.

In America you can buy a V6 petrol that I had and it has been a great drive, not sure why the UK market has not taken this on.

G
#4 ·
For AD faults, which I had for 10 months, the problem was that I had the new AD module with the old software. Might be the same issue on your car.
Thing is that I don't have any error message anymore but the comfort is still pretty shitty.

#5 ·
Sorry to hear of your problems - I haven't experienced any issues with AD (fingers crossed) but I do feel your pain with having to work through Marshalls - I always make a point of 'do not wash!' when mine goes in and I take a deep breath as I hand the keys over... I've heard too many stories locally of scratches being left by careless valeters at Marshalls.

My first service is due soon and again, I will approaching them with trepidation as it's rarely a smooth experience....

Hopefully, your faults will soon be resolved tho - this forum has been a great help for me in knowing what questions to ask and what things to check with a less than competent dealer!

#6 ·
Mig said:
For AD faults, which I had for 10 months, the problem was that I had the new AD module with the old software. Might be the same issue on your car.
Thing is that I don't have any error message anymore but the comfort is still pretty shitty.
Do not think this is the case with mine as it's one of the first made so it would be old module with confused newer software.

#7 ·
many thanks for the replies; the only saving grace is that these seem to be largely software issues, but its still a pain. The approach to solving problems seems to be very awry at Jaguar

#9 ·
Mine is one of the first non-FE model that suffered the squeaking rear suspension after a few weeks use. Apart from that minor issue which was promptly sorted by Charles Hurst the main dealer the suspension in mine has been trouble free and by this I mean none of the terrible swaying that others have experienced, could mine be like everyone else and I'm accepting this as normal behaviour I honestly don't believe so because of the varied brands of SUVs I've owned most recently of which has been the RRSport which many regard as one of the best riding SUVs on the market, if anything this should highlight any issues the F-Pace should have but in my case it hasn't. So I can only assume mine is behaving as Jaguar intended.

Now I have quoted elsewhere on the forum that I believe mine has had an update to the AD due to the fact that I'm finding the difference between normal and dynamic to be greater than before but even after almost 3 weeks I can't put my finger on why or what has really changed, if I were a betting man I'd say they have altered the normal setup slightly in that it rides a little softer and is a little more supple over speed bumps and broken surfaces at slow speeds.

Of course all of this could so easily be in my mind and nothing has changed is very possible, like we are talking subtle changes at best to IMO an already cracker setup.

As for the ICTP, I've got this too but for the most part mine has be fault free, a few minor ones that were sorted several months ago but really nothing to report since. One thing I do need to add is I don't really use the technology it has to offer anywhere near its potential which might be the reason why I'm not have the same problems others are.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.