Recall or recoil

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
martyp

Recall or recoil

Post by martyp » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Is jaguar customer service really bad or is my dealer the exception.

Telephoned to book an appointment for the recall for faulty fuel return pipe, which after all is a safety issue as f pace can ignite, phone rang and rang for ever no answer, tried again still the same eventually a human answered saying they were very busy, she took my name number and what the issue was and said they would call back. Dealer now closed no return call.

Ford/Toyota do not act like this.

This is my first contact post sale and to be honest it doesn't bode well.

I will now have to make a personal visit tomorrow and have it out with them.

Anyone else have problems with Lancaster?

Coopsterdude

Re: Recall or recoil

Post by Coopsterdude » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:39 pm

I think this is an individual dealer issue - my Experience with Hatfields in Sheffield (who didn't even supply my car) is excellent.
2.0D AWD Prestige Auto. BRG, Oyster trim with Pistachio stitching, Privacy Glass, Activity Key and Towbar

XERoy

Post by XERoy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Same here, Stratstone in Stockton are top notch. I've not had the recall, but on my xe before the fp they were spot on.
2.0d R Sport 4WD, Ultimate Black, 22inch Turbines, Jet interior with oyster stitching, Privacy glass, Black pack, ear to ear grin :D

Dmt

Post by Dmt » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Unfortunately it is a lottery , I brought mine from Hatfield s in Hull who despite me rejecting my first f pace were very efficient in all there correspondence etc unlike jlr customer services who neither treat you as customer nor do they provide a service, they certainly leave the dealer's a holding the baby so to speak . As I live over 150 miles from Hull I had the choice of a number of local dealerships to arrange my recall ,having rang them all I have opted for Guy Salmon in Northampton who were by far the most efficient and professional on the phone . The 25th it the a month will determine if my initial hunch is right .

XERoy

Post by XERoy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Dmt wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:10 pm
Unfortunately it is a lottery , I brought mine from Hatfield s in Hull who despite me rejecting my first f pace were very efficient in all there correspondence etc unlike jlr customer services who neither treat you as customer nor do they provide a service, they certainly leave the dealer's a holding the baby so to speak . As I live over 150 miles from Hull I had the choice of a number of local dealerships to arrange my recall ,having rang them all I have opted for Guy Salmon in Northampton who were by far the most efficient and professional on the phone . The 25th it the a month will determine if my initial hunch is right .
Fingers crossed, hope all goes OK for you.
2.0d R Sport 4WD, Ultimate Black, 22inch Turbines, Jet interior with oyster stitching, Privacy glass, Black pack, ear to ear grin :D

martyp

Post by martyp » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Good news called in today, they were apologetic and done the recall there and then as well as a service wash. The recall is only a 30 minute job.

Hopefully things will be improved from now on.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:35 am

martyp wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:48 pm
Good news called in today, they were apologetic and done the recall there and then as well as a service wash. The recall is only a 30 minute job.

Hopefully things will be improved from now on.
Wow, a dealer with a space straight away that's a result for you.
First Edition 3 litre Supercharged Petrol in Caesium Blue Very limited 1 of 10 ever made, with every bells and whistle added :D

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”