Recall or recoil

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
martyp

Recall or recoil

Post by martyp » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:11 pm

Is jaguar customer service really bad or is my dealer the exception.

Telephoned to book an appointment for the recall for faulty fuel return pipe, which after all is a safety issue as f pace can ignite, phone rang and rang for ever no answer, tried again still the same eventually a human answered saying they were very busy, she took my name number and what the issue was and said they would call back. Dealer now closed no return call.

Ford/Toyota do not act like this.

This is my first contact post sale and to be honest it doesn't bode well.

I will now have to make a personal visit tomorrow and have it out with them.

Anyone else have problems with Lancaster?

Coopsterdude

Re: Recall or recoil

Post by Coopsterdude » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:39 pm

I think this is an individual dealer issue - my Experience with Hatfields in Sheffield (who didn't even supply my car) is excellent.
No longer an active member.

XERoy

Post by XERoy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:47 pm

Same here, Stratstone in Stockton are top notch. I've not had the recall, but on my xe before the fp they were spot on.
2.0d R Sport 4WD, Ultimate Black, 22inch Turbines, Jet interior with oyster stitching, Privacy glass, Black pack, ear to ear grin :D

Dmt

Post by Dmt » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Unfortunately it is a lottery , I brought mine from Hatfield s in Hull who despite me rejecting my first f pace were very efficient in all there correspondence etc unlike jlr customer services who neither treat you as customer nor do they provide a service, they certainly leave the dealer's a holding the baby so to speak . As I live over 150 miles from Hull I had the choice of a number of local dealerships to arrange my recall ,having rang them all I have opted for Guy Salmon in Northampton who were by far the most efficient and professional on the phone . The 25th it the a month will determine if my initial hunch is right .

XERoy

Post by XERoy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Dmt wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:10 pm
Unfortunately it is a lottery , I brought mine from Hatfield s in Hull who despite me rejecting my first f pace were very efficient in all there correspondence etc unlike jlr customer services who neither treat you as customer nor do they provide a service, they certainly leave the dealer's a holding the baby so to speak . As I live over 150 miles from Hull I had the choice of a number of local dealerships to arrange my recall ,having rang them all I have opted for Guy Salmon in Northampton who were by far the most efficient and professional on the phone . The 25th it the a month will determine if my initial hunch is right .
Fingers crossed, hope all goes OK for you.
2.0d R Sport 4WD, Ultimate Black, 22inch Turbines, Jet interior with oyster stitching, Privacy glass, Black pack, ear to ear grin :D

martyp

Post by martyp » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Good news called in today, they were apologetic and done the recall there and then as well as a service wash. The recall is only a 30 minute job.

Hopefully things will be improved from now on.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:35 am

martyp wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:48 pm
Good news called in today, they were apologetic and done the recall there and then as well as a service wash. The recall is only a 30 minute job.

Hopefully things will be improved from now on.
Wow, a dealer with a space straight away that's a result for you.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”