click noise when slow and turning the wheel

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
Post Reply
salva72
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:14 pm

click noise when slow and turning the wheel

Post by salva72 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:11 am

After repairing the exhaust system and brakes because of rust now I have a similar issue to this :

https://youtu.be/HA_ECGs7rkQ

The sound in my F Pace is more random not as continue to the one in the video, the dealer thought was a luck of oil in the joints or similar so they dismounted the wheels and applied oil but the click noise persist, I can notice the sound in the garage very clearly turning the wheels and going slow when maneuvering.

They have raise the question to Jaguar as they don't know how to solve it.

any help?

Thanks.
Salvador

Jaguar F Pace 2.0d 22" Helix wheels


Jagfpacejk
Posts: 4098
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: click noise when slow and turning the wheel

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:51 am

salva72 wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:11 am
After repairing the exhaust system and brakes because of rust now I have a similar issue to this :

https://youtu.be/HA_ECGs7rkQ

The sound in my F Pace is more random not as continue to the one in the video, the dealer thought was a luck of oil in the joints or similar so they dismounted the wheels and applied oil but the click noise persist, I can notice the sound in the garage very clearly turning the wheels and going slow when maneuvering.

They have raise the question to Jaguar as they don't know how to solve it.

any help?

Thanks.
Salvador

Jaguar F Pace 2.0d 22" Helix wheels
If it's like the video and was not there before they changed the exhaust ect I would get them to double check something has not come loose and is hitting the drive shafts.

It will not be the exhaust but they may have accidentally knocked something loose.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6


salva72
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: click noise when slow and turning the wheel

Post by salva72 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:32 am

Ok I see, i told that to the mechanic but he said something like the exhaust is in the back and the sound comes from the front ...


Jagfpacejk
Posts: 4098
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: click noise when slow and turning the wheel

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:36 am

salva72 wrote:
Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:32 am
Ok I see, i told that to the mechanic but he said something like the exhaust is in the back and the sound comes from the front ...
It runs from the front to the back but maybe something got knocked by accident at the front, it's just not worth not taking it back and getting them to check.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6


salva72
Posts: 95
Joined: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:14 pm

Re: click noise when slow and turning the wheel

Post by salva72 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:33 am

Just in case another owner has the same issue in this case by changing one of the treads problem was solved by the dealer.


Mbadger77
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:04 am

Re: click noise when slow and turning the wheel

Post by Mbadger77 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:42 pm

I did see a campaign on Topix about a click or noise from front. Might be worth looking at
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot


Mbadger77
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:04 am

Re: click noise when slow and turning the wheel

Post by Mbadger77 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:44 pm

Here it is
https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/c ... ?id=806422

SSM73473 - Click noise from the front of vehicle during steering (with wheels on the ground)
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot


Jagfpacejk
Posts: 4098
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:58 pm

Re: click noise when slow and turning the wheel

Post by Jagfpacejk » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Mbadger77 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:44 pm
Here it is
https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/c ... ?id=806422

SSM73473 - Click noise from the front of vehicle during steering (with wheels on the ground)
To view this you have to have a subscription.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6


Mbadger77
Posts: 1843
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:04 am

Re: click noise when slow and turning the wheel

Post by Mbadger77 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:18 pm

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:08 pm
Mbadger77 wrote:
Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:44 pm
Here it is
https://topix.jaguar.jlrext.com/topix/c ... ?id=806422

SSM73473 - Click noise from the front of vehicle during steering (with wheels on the ground)
To view this you have to have a subscription.
Correct but it just tells you how to fix it and parts needed.
The code and description sum up the fault pretty well.
3L Petrol, 22 black Helix (swapped with FIrst Edition 22 Helix), Ultimate Black, BP, Pano, Brogue, Jet, Priv, 825W, Control Pro, ASR, Climate Front Seats, Practicality Pack, Scuff Plate, Blind Spot


Post Reply

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests