Dealer discounts and negotiating

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
steve N

Re: Dealer discounts and negotiating

Post by steve N » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:47 pm

I did the same, got offers from DriveTheDeal and carwow and then visited Harwoods of Croydon. They beat both of the internet offers just by asking, and I ended up with 10% discount. Dealer has been ok'ish, although I always have to chase for status.....
- ordered in Aug, F-Pace due in Oct
- F-Pace arrived in Sept, but I only found out after phoning to try and change spec
- F-Pace failed PDI (leaking door seal), but was only informed on the day I was due to pick it up. However, Harwoods loaned me an F-Pace whilst it was fixed
- V5 arrives whilst waiting for F-Pace and I notice that it's got the wrong engine (250PS rather than 300PS)
- new F-Pace ordered (I think with the additional options I tried to add), no idea on delivery date or whether it's actually been ordered, little contact from dealer, but then I have their F-Pace

dw-fp-jag

Post by dw-fp-jag » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:02 pm

Yep, you must check your spec when they confirm it after you've placed your order, and again after you've made any changes before the lock down date, and check every spec detail at each stage don't just look to confirm any changes you've made. When I checked mine after making a few tweaks I found it also had un-requested changes to 20'' wheels instead of 19'' and ebony headlining instead of oyster. I could have lived with the larger wheels but ebony instead of oyster would have been a rejection for me at the delivery stage meaning even more weeks of delay waiting for a re-order.
R Sport 250D Auto, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, ICTP, adaptive dynamics and lights, park assist, blind spot, 4-way lumbar, heated folding mirrors, heated w/screen, i/r screen, pan roof, keyless entry, space saver, 350mm brakes, boot release.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:05 pm

That's not good dealer support from Harwoods, proves my comments above were correct.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Gdank

Post by Gdank » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:14 pm

I only managed a 1.5% discount ... this was at the release of the car so they were not interested in giving customers discounts on F-Pace's.
3.0d Sport (2016) - Owned 1 Year! 9000 miles : Issues = None.

Mr P

Post by Mr P » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:23 pm

I managed to buy mine today with an 8.2 % discount which I’m very happy with. The only disappointment is I went into my local dealer and after receiving several offers and said if you get close I will buy right now , they thanked me for giving them the chance for the business and then they only offered 5.5% and wouldn’t budge. It seems that some chains have more leeway than others perhaps.

Jacksoag

Post by Jacksoag » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:30 am

Jacksoag wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:23 am
Mr P wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 pm
I have everything in place to buy my F-Pace now just trying to find the best deal,
When you're spending 52k every 1% adds up
Where did you get the 10% (i know it was posted in July) I have got 6.2 car wow and 7.2 with drive the deal
My local dealer will not go above 5% which is really annoying as I like them but the price difference is sizeable
any tips from recent buyers?
Look at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3195&p=44498#p44498 for my recent experience.
I achieved over 10% discount if you know exactly what you want spec wise and willing to do some emailing 😀, see link.

Postl

Post by Postl » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:08 pm

got £800 off mine with free Supaguard protection, 5 years servicing and boot liner, but most importantly got good trade in.

Paul
2.0L AWD 180HP Prestige, Fugi White, Light Oyster seats with Pistachio Stitch, Light Oyster Morzine Heading, Satin Fine Line Wood Veneer. Opening Panoramic Sun Roof, Rear View Camera, Park Assist, 360 Parking Aid, Rear bumper protector.

philmayfield

Post by philmayfield » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:04 pm

Marshall’s at Lincoln didn’t try very hard to sell me one after I mentioned Car Wow even though they are listed on the Car Wow site. They sold me an F Type over a year ago with a very good deal and I thought they would want to keep my custom. They did let me have an unaccompanied test drive on Monday of this week but there has been no follow up. In the meantime I bought my exact requirement from Stratstone in Nottingham for a cracking deal and will collect this Saturday. As it was a showroom car I was able to check it for panel fit which was perfect. Marshall’s were less than competent in correcting a badly fitting door on the F Type and ultimately Jag technicians came over to fix it. I had to do all the chasing around with letter writing and submitting photographs to Jaguar. Sadly it looks like they have lost my business. Coming from a commercial background I always strived to keep customers happy. Perhaps things have changed in the last twenty years. No one seems to care any more.

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:03 pm

What's bizarre Phil is the inconsistency between the same dealer chain. I've had nothing but fantastic service over the years from Harwoods but others have found them lacking. I have a friend who swears by both Guy Salmon and Lookers but I've had truly dreadful service from both. You'll find plenty of contradictory reports about Marshalls and Stratstone too.

My company has offices in US, Canada, UK, Germany, Singapore and Australia. We ensure that we provide a common customer experience across all territories and offices. It's basic customer service 101.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

philmayfield

Post by philmayfield » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:14 pm

I agree with you about the inconsistency in the same chains. A guy at Marshall's of Peterborough had been very attentive and had been working hard to sell me a car. I was going to drive down on Wednesday to do the deal until I discovered that the A1 was blocked until 8 p.m. I was determined to buy a car as it was for my wife's "special" birthday so I drove into Nottingham where I received the treatment I would expect as a customer. Deal done and one very happy wife tomorrow!

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”