Dealer discounts and negotiating

All Jaguar F-Pace related discussions
dw-fp-jag

Dealer discounts and negotiating

Post by dw-fp-jag » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:16 am

Hi all, I cant believe some dealers are only giving a few hundred quid discount on negotiation :o . If anyone's interested I know a Jag dealer who was offering 10% off F Paces last week! 8-). You could at least use his offer as a bargaining tool with your local dealer.
As a minimum try going through Carwow and you'll find several dealers will offer you 4%-5%+. Bear in mind they deduct the VAT, reg fee, delivery charge etc before applying the discount to the car list price (plus any options/accessories), so if you think 10% means getting £5k off a £50k car think again, it'll be more like £4000-£4500 but still worth having :)
R Sport 250D Auto, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, ICTP, adaptive dynamics and lights, park assist, blind spot, 4-way lumbar, heated folding mirrors, heated w/screen, i/r screen, pan roof, keyless entry, space saver, 350mm brakes, boot release.

Hydrajaws

Re: Dealer discounts and negotiating

Post by Hydrajaws » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:16 pm

My dealer Stratstone Nottingham has 4 pre registered F Paces with factory miles for sale with discount off list plus my rejected F Pace on their front complete with original fault at an even better price! The pre reg are blacks and grey which are not very exciting colours so some hard bargaining may produce a good result for July as things are a bit quiet on the sales front.
2017 F Pace 2.0 AWD Portfolio(rejection replacement). Odyssey Red. Latte .Blind Spot Monitor .20"Templars .Red brake calipers. All privacy glass. Side Steps. Space saver. USA plates.
2006 XK 4.2 Convertible. 1965 Daimler 2.5 V8 .

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:20 pm

I specced mine on Carwow, which came up with a Swindon dealer offering a 5.1% discount as the best deal. Went to Harwoods in Chichester and asked them to match it - they agreed, and included the service pack before applying the discount. No complaints here!
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; cooled glovebox; reclining rear seats

Mr P

Post by Mr P » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 pm

I have everything in place to buy my F-Pace now just trying to find the best deal,
When you're spending 52k every 1% adds up
Where did you get the 10% (i know it was posted in July) I have got 6.2 car wow and 7.2 with drive the deal
My local dealer will not go above 5% which is really annoying as I like them but the price difference is sizeable
any tips from recent buyers?

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:26 pm

Wookiee wrote:
Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:20 pm
I specced mine on Carwow, which came up with a Swindon dealer offering a 5.1% discount as the best deal. Went to Harwoods in Chichester and asked them to match it - they agreed, and included the service pack before applying the discount. No complaints here!
Wow, Harwoods giving discount :o, they either must have too many Fpaces on their books or Hell has frozen over.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

JLRnumber5

Post by JLRnumber5 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:49 pm

Wookiee wrote:
You're also working with a good dealer. I've bought my cars from Harwoods for the last 11 years and now know one of the directors. They handled my two rejections brilliantly so I bought my Audi from them.
Two 3.0D F-pace S gone but not forgotten.

Jacksoag

Post by Jacksoag » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:23 am

Mr P wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:47 pm
I have everything in place to buy my F-Pace now just trying to find the best deal,
When you're spending 52k every 1% adds up
Where did you get the 10% (i know it was posted in July) I have got 6.2 car wow and 7.2 with drive the deal
My local dealer will not go above 5% which is really annoying as I like them but the price difference is sizeable
any tips from recent buyers?
Look at viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3195&p=44498#p44498 for my recent experience.

Jagfpacejk

Post by Jagfpacejk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:39 am

JLRnumber5 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:49 pm
Wookiee wrote:
You're also working with a good dealer. I've bought my cars from Harwoods for the last 11 years and now know one of the directors. They handled my two rejections brilliantly so I bought my Audi from them.
Think it depends on what branch of Harwoods you're dealing with, have had a mix of very good and very bad from the Harwoods group over the years.

One of the taking the pee was trying to tell me my second Fpae was worth 8 thousand pounds less then I got for it elsewhere and less then we buy any car offered, when I queried the price I got a reply this is what it is worth, yet lower spec cars and mileage on their forecourt were 15K more, when I sold mine two days later the dealer who bought it sold it to a customer within a week, if Harwood's got the same price they would have made 14K profit.

Think they took their horses to work that day, Cowboys.
Ex Owner of a Pre Launch 1st Edition Supercharged V6 and a Ex Owner of 1st Edition Diesel V6

Wookiee

Post by Wookiee » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:45 am

Jagfpacejk wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:39 am
Think it depends on what branch of Harwoods you're dealing with, have had a mix of very good and very bad from the Harwoods group over the years.

I'm not going to pretend that I've been particularly impressed with my experience of them. Not much in the way of customer care - in fact, it seemed like they'd completely forgotten about me after I made the order. No goodwill gesture in lieu of the 10-week delay in delivery. All things considered, if I was in the market for another Jag, I'd probably go to HA Fox in Southampton.
2018 Portfolio 25T; Firenze Red; ICTP 380; sliding pano roof; cold-climate pack; configurable dynamics; BSM; 20-way seats; privacy glass; adaptive dynamics; configurable mood lighting; spacesaver; cooled glovebox; reclining rear seats

dw-fp-jag

Post by dw-fp-jag » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:32 am

Hi Mr P, re your post yesterday. The dealer offering 10% back in July was the one in Poole, Dorset, He initially offered 7% so I went back to my dealer (Swindon) who'd only offered me 5% via Carwow and they agreed to match it so I signed on the dotted line. Only to get back home same day and find an email from Poole saying he'd had a chat with his boss and they were now offering 10% off all F Paces 'to drive volume'. Aaaaagh I thought, but it rankled with me so I emailed my dealer asking if they could match it even though I'd already paid my deposit; credit to them they went to 9% which I accepted to retain the relationship with my local dealer. It's worth shopping around as I was put in touch with the Poole guy through a friend of a friend who was in the car sourcing business for clients and had lots of contacts around the UK. Good luck in finding a generous dealer :!:
R Sport 250D Auto, Silicon Silver, ebony/oyster seats, ICTP, adaptive dynamics and lights, park assist, blind spot, 4-way lumbar, heated folding mirrors, heated w/screen, i/r screen, pan roof, keyless entry, space saver, 350mm brakes, boot release.

Return to “Main Jaguar FPace chat”